3 x 5 Geocaching Flag

mtngirls

I checked both sites. Groundspeak does not have them and the custom place wanted 150 bucks! Anu other ideas??

Well, you could try to get a blank white flag then do an iron on transfer or something of each of the colored panels of the logo. You'd need a very big image or a vector file of the logo for that. Or, if one of you can sew, the logo is pretty simple.

Please post some sample images of the type of flag you'd like to see and I'd be happy look into having Groundspeak stock them at ShopGroundspeak.com.

The flag would have something on it like this.

How about this?

0e7ffc30-be94-4c06-84c0-d2f2dbaa202f.jpg

I'd buy one. Make them the same size as all the college and NFL flags you see on cars.

Here is an example of a homemade flag. Of course we all won't have to have Deermark on the flag, unless of course you REALLY want to :rolleyes: . I have one of these that I won at a CITO event, the flag was signed by all the cachers that were there. Great memento. On a sad note, the wonderful cacher that made this has pass away, she is greatly missed.

Chris-Team Shydog

6196677d-c21e-4156-af01-4727c41bc7fa.jpg

Here is an example of a homemade flag. Of course we all won't have to have Deermark on the flag, unless of course you REALLY want to :rolleyes: . I have one of these that I won at a CITO event, the flag was signed by all the cachers that were there. Great memento. On a sad note, the wonderful cacher that made this has pass away, she is greatly missed.

Chris-Team Shydog

6196677d-c21e-4156-af01-4727c41bc7fa.jpg

Yep, I believe I asked Mark about that flag at Brown County! Great flag!

Edited by markz68

Looks like 2-sided 5-color car flags can be had for $8.10 in quantity 200 to 800 at http://www.united-states-flag.com/custom-12-x18inch.html

Maybe we should all email the Groundspeak storekeepers and let them know that we'd buy them if they'd sell them... I would bet that they would sell far more than the 800 price breakpoint.

800+ brings the cost down to $6.25

Of course that's just a quick web search, I am sure that some shopping around would find them even cheaper.

Looks like 2-sided 5-color car flags can be had for $8.10 in quantity 200 to 800 at http://www.united-states-flag.com/custom-12-x18inch.html

Maybe we should all email the Groundspeak storekeepers and let them know that we'd buy them if they'd sell them... I would bet that they would sell far more than the 800 price breakpoint.

800+ brings the cost down to $6.25

Of course that's just a quick web search, I am sure that some shopping around would find them even cheaper.

I got quotes from 3 other flag makers, you found the best price. My best price was $20.00 each, min. order was 100. One of the folks I talked to said to be sure teh flag holder for the window is included in the price. Some folks don't include the pole, they are quoting just the flag, then NAIL ya for the pole. Also checkout carefully the material used. With the speed limit being 65-75 some materials do not hold up well. Your guy even says that at 55mph, their flag will only last a month. So a higher price for a much more durable product might be better. I need to look at my STEELERS flag. It has been around and abused and see who the MFG. is. I think a car flag would really sell.

I would totally buy this flag too!

Please post some sample images of the type of flag you'd like to see and I'd be happy look into having Groundspeak stock them at ShopGroundspeak.com.

The flag would have something on it like this.

How about this?

0e7ffc30-be94-4c06-84c0-d2f2dbaa202f.jpg

I'd buy one. Make them the same size as all the college and NFL flags you see on cars.