How long do you wait before...

BRoKeN W

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before.

Our coins are on the FedEx truck out for delivery so we should be recieving them any time now. We were wondering after sending out invoices how long would (or do) you wait for a person to make payment before considering their order canceled?

ETA: No we have not sent out invoices yet. :ph34r:

Thanks!

Edited by BRoKeN W

I would say no more than 3 days. If someone is heading out of town, it's their responsibility to tell you that, not your job to wait around wondering why they haven't paid. Personally, my order form says 24 hours. When it's been that I send out a reminder email and if I don't get payment by the end of day I start down the waiting list (unless they've made prior arrangements). I just don't like it dragging on, but that's just me.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before.

Our coins are on the FedEx truck out for delivery so we should be recieving them any time now. We were wondering after sending out invoices how long would (or do) you wait for a person to make payment before considering their order canceled?

ETA: No we have not sent out invoices yet. :ph34r:

Thanks!

Fortunately for me, nobody has not made a payment. A couple needed a reminder, turns out they were out of town, but everybody (knock on wood) has paid.

I would say 7 days.

While it's rare that some of us can't even go "hours" without checking our emails (raising hand :rolleyes: ), there are some that don't check for days at a time due to various reasons. Then you also have to take into account that some people take vacations and do not have net service while they are away. :D

I think 7 days would be enough time to allow for someone to check their mail and "at least" respond to it, whether to pay or to cancel.

In response to Hula Bum's comment about being their resposibility to let you know if they are going out of town...

There have been many a coin that I have signed up to reserve and have completely forgot about when they are coming out until I get the invoice. Kinda hard to let someone know before hand that your going to be out of town when your invoice comes, when you don't even know when your going to get invoiced. While I've been able to pay when the invoice comes for most of them, a few I've had to ask for an extension until payday (every 2 weeks).

Speaking personally from the vacation scenario, the last vacation we took I recieved an invoice for a coin order the day we left. Being that we stay at a cabin in the mountains that doesn't have net service, I did not get the invoice until we returned home 6 days later. If the seller had wanted payment within 24 hours (or even 3 days), I'd been SOL on a very nice coin that I definately wasn't going to back out of. Thankfully they gave enough time to allow for such situations.

D-man :o