Pocket Query Won't Run

ke6n

OK, so I've got a pocket query all set up and I can view the preview and all looks well, but it always shows as never run. I even have it set to run every day, but it never runs. I tried the trick of copying the query and setting it to run once and then delete, but it never runs. A couple of friends have confirmed that their queries run within minutes when they set one up. System bug or user bug?

query.jpg

OK, so I've got a pocket query all set up and I can view the preview and all looks well, but it always shows as never run. I even have it set to run every day, but it never runs. I tried the trick of copying the query and setting it to run once and then delete, but it never runs. A couple of friends have confirmed that their queries run within minutes when they set one up. System bug or user bug?

query.jpg

Try checking today only. PQs set to run everyday have last priority in queues typically.

PQs set to run everyday have last priority in queues typically.

That's not entirely correct in and of itself.

PQs that haven't been run in the longest time, get highest priority.

So if a PQ hasn't been run in a month, it's high priority.

If it hasn't been run in a week, it's slightly less priority.

If it hasn't been run in a day, it's the lowest priority.

If it has never been run, it's the highest priority.

Even though this one is set to run everyday, it has never ran before so it should have uber-priority.

There must be some other issue :o

Another idea: When you go to this page, does it ask you to agree with it, or does the first line say "Thank you! You have agreed to the license agreement."?

Good thought, but I checked that one out, too. I've already agreed and the database says "Thank you!"

I've got a ticket in on this and am awaiting a reply or fix or something.

Looking forward to see your post of the resolution as I am having the same problem.

Aha! I didn't think *I* could be the only one. It's still the same. Waiting... Someone did respond to the ticket and asked me if I was still experiencing the difficulty, and I replied that I was. I also replied again today and let them know that it still hasn't executed and included another jpg of my screen. I even added a run once and delete for yesterday, but it never ran. Here is a screen capture of what I see today:

pq-listing-n6mhg.jpg

I'm starting to get somewhat frustrated. Since I'm not receiving any updates on how the work is progressing on the PQ not running at all, I decided I'd go ahead and click on the link that I received in my trouble ticket. Here is the email and the results of clicking on the link given:

---

Ken Harrison,

Your ticket has been received, one of the staff members will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this ticket, Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Ticket ID: PCX-245838

Subject: pocket query won't run

Department: Geocaching

Priority: Medium

You can check the status or reply to this ticket online at: http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...ticketid=107244

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further,

Groundspeak, Inc.

---

And YES, I'm logged in regardless of what the following message indicates.

ticket-review-error.jpg

I just made a copy of a user route PQ and it ran within 1 minute.

With multiple people having the same problem there must be something going on here, but I have no idea how to figure it out.

(And the error in trying to access the trouble ticket is nothing new. I don't know if it has ever worked.)

So, someone took a look at my PQ, kicked it a few times and it seems to have run and sent me my requested PQ. No idea what was wrong, but something obviously wasnt being recognized. I'll see if I get sent one for Friday before I pronounce it fixed, though.

Thanks-

Ken

I ran 3 queries yesterday evening that haven't been run since november and while their status says they were run at about 5:37pm I still haven't received them. I tried a couple of others just before I went to bed last night figuring I would find them in my mailbox this morning but they haven't shown up either. Usually it only takes a short while before I get them. There's something wrong there.

I am having a problem when running PQ's it show that it has run but I am getting a message that there is no data-HELP!

You are most likely selecting both "Caches I have found" AND "Caches I have not found". Since it's impossible to have a cache that you have both found and not found, you get nothing in the PQ.

Try changing the setup to only one of those two criteria and then PREVIEW the PQ (don't select a day for it to run yet). If you get the expected results, then select a day for the PQ to run and recieve the email.

Edited by Stunod

I'm not having any problems. However, I noticed under the Geocaching Announcements section that there have been issues with people using Yahoo for their email. I use Hotmail.

not had any problems with using yahoo either. my best guess would be the time of day, if everyone tries to use and send at once, traffic bottlenecks.

I tried to submit a PQ today and got this

"You have reached the maximum number of Pocket Queries for this account."

I haven't been doing much GCing lately so this is a surprise to me. Now that I think about it,I tried to PQ a week or 2 ago and I got the same thing.

I'm going to be needing a PQ in less than a week so if someone could help me solve this issue, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

How many PQs do you have saved on your PQ page?

I have many, but haven't quite reached the limit of 40 . . . although I have in the past when preparing for a road trip.

You are entitled to run five PQs per day . . . although I rarely run that many.

How many PQs do you have saved on your PQ page?

I have many, but haven't quite reached the limit of 40 . . . although I have in the past when preparing for a road trip.

You are entitled to run five PQs per day . . . although I rarely run that many.

Woo hoo!! Figured it out.

I had 40 due to me not having the queries deleted after running.

So I manually deleted them and now I'll check the "delete after running once" box/bubble and see how that works.

Confidence is high!! :anitongue:

I have hotmail and am having the same problem... I was late to an event cache this morning because I was trying to get a query to go through to my email. I have had the problem in the past and found that if I did 3 or 4 of the same one, one of them would go through. I had no such luck this morning. I just tried to run the query from my bookmark, again... still appears to be getting lost in lost sock land. Leaving for Memphis this Friday... I hope this gets fixed before then!! It sure will stink having to manually load them all.

update: I dug around into areas that I don't normally piddle with and found I had not agreed to the license bumbo jumbo stuff. I agreed, ran the query and then got the oh, sorry you have run too many queries for this account. Oh, well maybe tomorrow. Suggestion, is it possible to program a message into the query process so that a hard error occurs if the agreement isn't completed? As of now, the cacher has to dig in the forums after they get frustrated with not being able to do the queries... how many cachers just don't bother? I haven't up until now... If a cache account has not "agreed" to the licensing mumbo jumbo, they should not be able to run a query until they do... that will get their attention and get them on the right track.

Ok, I have officially stepped off my soap box, folded it up and placed it back into storage. Hopefully, my queries are back on track tomorrow and I don't have to dust it off tomorrow :anitongue:<_<:angry:

Edited by goobers5