Coin Folks at GWS 5

paulandstacey

I am flying in with my Dads Delta miles! An awesome thing considering the man passed away 12 years ago. The internet is a great thing! I figured if they needed to talk to him, I could just say "he is not available right now" which is NOT a lie. :D

I have to come late on Wed. But I am a cacher and we know what do with a little extra time!

I can't wait to go! I had a fantastic time last year, and I was putting out small fires most of the time. This time I get to be a guest!

So make sure you introduce your self to the tall redhead when you are there! I want to meet everyone, that is the absolute best part!

Thanks LC...now I don't need to calculate that myself! Brian and Brenda will be taking Friday off, I don't work on Fridays...so now I just need to decide what I want to do about Heather. That Friday is her next-to-the-last day of school...and I kind-of hate for her to miss it. If she goes...we hit the road at noon...if not, we hit the road in the AM.

We should be leaving somewhere around 9 my time which means 10 her time. How much is she really going to miss that day of school? Nothing! I will explain a few things to her and it will be just like she was there. I corrupted one of your kids, might as well start with the next one already.

Well...you did a fine job of corruption at the last event...feeding all of that sugar to Heather! I guess it does look a bit silly that I have no qualms taking the 11 year old out of school for the day, but am waffling about pulling the 4 year old out. LOL!

Apparently, we are staying at the days inn. But there are 3 in Raleigh...and I can't find out from our driver/arrangement maker which one is the one we're in <_<

It's the one mentioned on the site...I think. Which I can't find reference to... :rolleyes:

Man...i should get more involved with the specifics of our planning! :rolleyes:

Okay...next question...how main coin folks are staying at the Ramada (we are)? We could have an informal get together one the evening in the hotel if a lot of folks are staying there.

We are also staying at the Ramada, I think our room is next to yours, hope you don't have a problem with people who snore loud! :rolleyes:

Okay...next question...how main coin folks are staying at the Ramada (we are)? We could have an informal get together one the evening in the hotel if a lot of folks are staying there.

We are at the Ramada. <_<

Stellar Jr and I are staying at the Ramada also. We're arriving Friday, either late

afternoon or early evening (depending upon whether Amtrak is on time or not) and

leaving early on Monday morning.

We are staying there.

We are also staying at the Ramada, I think our room is next to yours, hope you don't have a problem with people who snore loud! :rolleyes:

Ramada here as well

Sounds like the party is at the Ramada!!! :rolleyes:

And ours is on the other side of the Dragons room. We wil do our best to help keep you awake all night as well. We don't snore though :rolleyes:

And ours is on the other side of the Dragons room. We wil do our best to help keep you awake all night as well. We don't snore though :rolleyes:

Ummm....maybe we want to book a room on the other side of the hotel! :P<_<:P<_<

You guys better hope that my allergies are not in full swing!

anim15.gif

You guys better hope that my allergies are not in full swing!

anim15.gif

Ahhh memories. Reminds me of you trying to blow out all 40 candles last week.

We are at the Ramada. :rolleyes:

Stellar Jr and I are staying at the Ramada also. We're arriving Friday, either late

afternoon or early evening (depending upon whether Amtrak is on time or not) and

We are staying there.

Ramada here as well

Sounds like the party is at the Ramada!!! <_<

Ramada too. Guilty... 2 more and we have a table for geocoin poker!

We are at the Ramada. :o

We are staying there.

We are also staying at the Ramada, I think our room is next to yours, hope you don't have a problem with people who snore loud! :D

Ramada here as well

Sounds like the party is at the Ramada!!! :o

We'll be there too!

Course I should probably stop delaying on the reservations. Anyone else have toddlers with them?

We are at the Ramada. :anitongue:

We are staying there.

We are also staying at the Ramada, I think our room is next to yours, hope you don't have a problem with people who snore loud! :D

Ramada here as well

Sounds like the party is at the Ramada!!! :anibad:

We'll be there too!

Course I should probably stop delaying on the reservations. Anyone else have toddlers with them?

I too will be at the Ramada instead of driving in from High Point each day.

Somebody say geocoin poker?!? :D

Strider and I will be arriving sometime on Wednesday. We plan on finding some caches and getting to bed rather early that night (because we have to get up really really early to get to the airport on time).

Thursday will also be a full day of caching but we plan to make an apperance at the Thursday night Event.

Friday, more caching. Then the Meet and Greet (to pick up our GeoTags :) ) and then off to the Geocoin Party (can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait!!!). :cry:

Saturday, check into GW5, more caching and back to GW5 for dinner and fellowship - not to mention coin trading.

Sunday, Strider and I are planning a trip down to Wilmington Beach (caching all along the way, of course). I just cannot see coming this far east and not dipping me toes in the ocean.

Monday we fly home - early 10 am flight. I expect I will take a long nap once I get home.

If anyone would like to join us for any of our planned fun and adventure or for dinner or breakfast or anything, e-mail me thru my profile for my cell phone number.

See ya all there!!!

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Less then a week to go, GPS is loaded, coins are packed, the "Honey Do" list is caught up. Time to have some fun and do some coin trading :) See everyone on Saturday.

Funny you should mention the HoneyDo list.... mine has just gotten *longer* for this week in anticipation of being out of the house all weekend.

Less then a week to go, GPS is loaded, coins are packed, the "Honey Do" list is caught up. Time to have some fun and do some coin trading :) See everyone on Saturday.

Funny you should mention the HoneyDo list.... mine has just gotten *longer* for this week in anticipation of being out of the house all weekend.

Ditto that. Why is it that ALWAYS happens? :cry:

I am so excited to we head out in just 3 days!

We will be at the hotel (Ramada) Thursday late afternoon. I plan on coming to the event at the Sports Bar at 8p. My hubby and girls will stay behind because no kids can come to the event. :( Hopefully I can ride with someone.

Friday during the day we have no real plans. I bet I will be meeting lots of "chicks" so they can pick up their *****. :cry: I will be at the Friday night event for a short time to get my registration packet and wish hubby luck on the poker game and then I will back to the Ramada for the Smile! party.

Saturday we will all be at the event all day. I will work the registration table from 8a - 9a so if you check in then you will see me. :(

Sunday hubby and oldest daughter are doing the numbers run, me and the other 2 girls will be at the hotel pool, hope lots of you guys join us.

Monday we will come home at some point in time. :)

I can't wait to see everyone at the party Friday and at the big event on Saturday!

We will arrive Thursday at the Ramada, and will be at the Thursday night event. Friday we will head to South Carolina for a couple of caches during the day, but Friday night is poker night and then onto the party at the Ramada. Saturday we will be at the event all day with some caching also. We leave Sunday and our route home is not yet determined. Maybe a trip to the ocean and then home who knows. Well two days before we leave, see you all there.

Friday we will head to South Carolina for a couple of caches during the day, but Friday night is poker night and then onto the party at the Ramada.

ditto. Dhenninger and I arrive Friday morning, where we head directly to South Carolina to scoop up a couple caches then back for Texas hold em. :laughing:

edit: for spelling

Edited by avroair

Our plans have slightly changed over the past day. We now plan on driving down Thursday after work -- which will put us in around midnight or so. We just didn't want to risk driving down Friday morning and missing the poker checkin time. We'll be staying at the Ramada also. We plan on being at the meet & greet, the geocoin poker event, and the geocoin party -- busy, busy, busy. We plan on leaving sometime Sunday to head for Myrtle Beach for some R&R.

I really hope to meet as many of you coin addicts as possible during the entended weekend!

....Anthus (Stacy)

Well shoot I sure am wishin we could take off Thursday night after hubby gets off of work, but it would be pointless, we'd arrive at midnight. Sooooo we'll head out around 5 am on Friday morning and get in about 10 am. As for what we'll do, well first we'll barge in on PoSam sicne we wont be able to check in yet, then wing it for a bit. We'll be at the Smile event and I'll likely drop by the registration booth for early check in. Am thinking we'll go check out a neat midnight in the garden of good and evil cache then call it a night. Wake up pretty early sicne we have a huge 12x20 tent to set up for the SCGA then back to wingin it! If you see the SCGA tent please come on over and see if we're around! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Wow, are myself and the cachers I'm with the only ones not staying at the Ramada?

I'm heading to New Brunswick (Atlantic Canada) Wednesday night for a Thursday pre-dawn departure with the rest of the crew going and we should get in sometime Friday afternoon. I'll be hitting the Friday night event to pick up my GeoTags before heading to the Ramada gathering. Sounds like I'm not the only only doing that; maybe I'll be able to hitch a ride with someone so I don't have to hoof it with 15 pounds of coins on my back. :laughing:

Looking forward to seeing what coins people bring! One of my GeoTags is a special one for GW5 trading.

Well shoot I sure am wishin we could take off Thursday night after hubby gets off of work, but it would be pointless, we'd arrive at midnight. Sooooo we'll head out around 5 am on Friday morning and get in about 10 am. As for what we'll do, well first we'll barge in on PoSam sicne we wont be able to check in yet, then wing it for a bit. We'll be at the Smile event and I'll likely drop by the registration booth for early check in. Am thinking we'll go check out a neat midnight in the garden of good and evil cache then call it a night. Wake up pretty early sicne we have a huge 12x20 tent to set up for the SCGA then back to wingin it! If you see the SCGA tent please come on over and see if we're around! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is a GREAT night cache. I did it last fall with a small group (in the rain) and we loved it.

Make sure you are there right at midnight!

Sooooo we'll head out around 5 am on Friday morning and get in about 10 am.

dhenninger and I will be headed in the other direction to snatch a cache in South Carolina. :laughing: We land at 8:45 am. meet ya in the middle. :anicute:

Any SC cache in particular? Aiken has an air field, come find one of our caches!!!