Coin Folks at GWS 5

paulandstacey

Dumb question probrably but what is GWS? :ph34r:

Geowoodstock 5

We will be there on Friday. :ph34r:

I'll be there even though I don't really consider myself a coin person....Yet. I'll have my coin press with me and I'll be trading complete sets of my first 12 coins for anyone else's personal coin.

I'll have something special for YOU, Parents of Sam, for being TOP poster in my 10 million Snooganses thread. :(:(

Edited by Snoogans

I'll have something special for YOU, Parents of Sam, for being TOP poster in my 10 million Snooganses thread. :(:)

Woot. I knew all that posting would pay off one day! :):(:)

we are only about 3 hours away.

According to Delorme, Aiken is 5 minutes shy of a 5 hour drive from Raleigh :ph34r:

Wow now you guys have me wondering how far it is from my house......hmmmm

EDIT: Ok I looked it up.....we are 441 miles away. The map says that is 7 hrs 21 mins.....but not the way that DadofSAM drives......:) I bet he gets us there in 6 hrs!!!! :ph34r:

Also we drive right by Aiken! :)

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Strider and I hope to be there - have registered, paid and all. Something has come up that might disrupt our plans :ph34r: but I am still very hopeful we will be there.

Not sure of our direct mileage yet (St. Louis, MO) and also haven't decided whether to drive or fly. If we drive, tho, I would like to try to hit as many states between here and there as possible...

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Our drive was always 507 miles to Knightdale, but with 540 finally being open, it's a little less than that. Our trip is just shy of 8 hours (if we don't stop to cache! :ph34r: ). We'll leave as soon as I get home from work on Friday and should arrive just after midnight.

Thanks LC...now I don't need to calculate that myself! Brian and Brenda will be taking Friday off, I don't work on Fridays...so now I just need to decide what I want to do about Heather. That Friday is her next-to-the-last day of school...and I kind-of hate for her to miss it. If she goes...we hit the road at noon...if not, we hit the road in the AM.

Edited by DresselDragons

Our drive was always 507 miles to Knightdale, but with 540 finally being open, it's a little less than that. Our trip is just shy of 8 hours (if we don't stop to cache! :ph34r: ). We'll leave as soon as I get home from work on Friday and should arrive just after midnight.

Thanks LC...now I don't need to calculate that myself! Brian and Brenda will be taking Friday off, I don't work on Fridays...so now I just need to decide what I want to do about Heather. That Friday is her next-to-the-last day of school...and I kind-of hate for her to miss it. If she goes...we hit the road at noon...if not, we hit the road in the AM.

It's really not a bad drive at all...the problem is, there are TOOOOONS of caches along the way!!! We've been known to make the trip into a 12 excursion by stopping to cache! :ph34r:

It's really not a bad drive at all...the problem is, there are TOOOOONS of caches along the way!!! We've been known to make the trip into a 12 excursion by stopping to cache! :ph34r:

On a recent trip to Pennsylvania from NC, I made a nice PQ of caches along the route. The problem was that I wasn't driving..... and my mother-in-law and the rest of the family were not interested in visiting every rest stop along the route.

So I was resigned to trying to spot the cache location from the car window as we zipped past it on the Interstate. :ph34r:

It's really not a bad drive at all...the problem is, there are TOOOOONS of caches along the way!!! We've been known to make the trip into a 12 excursion by stopping to cache! :(

On a recent trip to Pennsylvania from NC, I made a nice PQ of caches along the route. The problem was that I wasn't driving..... and my mother-in-law and the rest of the family were not interested in visiting every rest stop along the route.

So I was resigned to trying to spot the cache location from the car window as we zipped past it on the Interstate. :ph34r:

:ph34r: It's not just rest stops...there are sooooo many shopping areas near the interstates that seem to ALL have caches. The real problem because the areas that have 3 or 4 caches at them--how can you pass those by!?!?!

I will be in Charlotte area for 3 weeks and hope to make it to Raliegh on Saturday, provided Nascar doesn't interfere:)

Wow you are a NASCAR fan too! COOL!

We love to come up to Charlotte for Speed Weeks! We have a good friend that lives in the area and they work for the NCDOT so we get to sit under the bleachers right on Turn 4 at all the races at LMS. :D

But we will be breaking away from the NASCAR excitement for a weekend at GW5. :o

I'll be there! I'm catching a ride with a few other Maritimers making the pilgrimage; will probably be a good day & a half of driving (Google maps says 2200km). It will be the farthest I've ever gone for a cache. :D

The maritimes! You should come with us!

Oh wait, you already are! Road trip!!! wooo hooo!

:D

I'll have something special for YOU, Parents of Sam, for being TOP poster in my 10 million Snooganses thread. :DB)

Woot. I knew all that posting would pay off one day! :D:D :D

we are only about 3 hours away.

According to Delorme, Aiken is 5 minutes shy of a 5 hour drive from Raleigh :D

Wow now you guys have me wondering how far it is from my house......hmmmm

EDIT: Ok I looked it up.....we are 441 miles away. The map says that is 7 hrs 21 mins.....but not the way that DadofSAM drives......:D I bet he gets us there in 6 hrs!!!! :D

Also we drive right by Aiken! :D

So what your saying is, we should meet up at the McDonalds at exit 22, and I can draft you there? Isn't that what Tom Cruise was explaining in Days of Thunder!

Can't make it. My son's graduation is Friday night.

So what's keeping you from coming Saturday, Sunday or Monday? :D

Cap'n YB has the blessing of his pregnant wife, w/twins, to attend GW5. Since we live only 2 hours away, and her mother will be visiting, she knows I'll come running if beckoned for the birth.

BTW - We're officially due 07/07/07

It's really not a bad drive at all...the problem is, there are TOOOOONS of caches along the way!!! We've been known to make the trip into a 12 excursion by stopping to cache! B)

So I was resigned to trying to spot the cache location from the car window as we zipped past it on the Interstate. :(

B) It's not just rest stops...there are sooooo many shopping areas near the interstates that seem to ALL have caches. The real problem because the areas that have 3 or 4 caches at them--how can you pass those by!?!?!

By pressing your right foot firmly forward and apply more gas to get you by a bunch of crap and closer to a real cache.

Our drive was always 507 miles to Knightdale, but with 540 finally being open, it's a little less than that. Our trip is just shy of 8 hours (if we don't stop to cache! B) ). We'll leave as soon as I get home from work on Friday and should arrive just after midnight.

We should be leaving somewhere around 9 my time which means 10 her time. How much is she really going to miss that day of school? Nothing! I will explain a few things to her and it will be just like she was there. I corrupted one of your kids, might as well start with the next one already.

Ok I looked it up.....we are 441 miles away. The map says that is 7 hrs 21 mins.....but not the way that DadofSAM drives......B) I bet he gets us there in 6 hrs!!!! :(

For us, it'd be: 2,793 mi (about 1 day 17 hours)

Just a little bit too far to drive. B)

Ok I looked it up.....we are 441 miles away. The map says that is 7 hrs 21 mins.....but not the way that DadofSAM drives......B) I bet he gets us there in 6 hrs!!!! :(

But you have a friend who usually has some free tickets on Southwest floating around. Does that airline fly into Chartlotte or Raleigh? Just an idea B)

What...what...what....not too far! You saw us at GeocoinFest right? You can do it. B)

Come on Marky drive it. It is worth it I guarantee it.

We drove it in 44 hours out there...taking turns driving and sleeping a little.