My Palm Vx has died

Finally I have a week off, the new house is half straight and I want to go caching ..... but my Palm has died. What should I replace it with? Its likely to be an ebay job and I have no more than £50 - in the meantime, back to good old fashioned print outs.

Claire x

Why not get another Palm for eBay? They are so reliable (I know yours has died) and the batteries last for days between recharges. You would be able to use all your existing software and settings.

Why not get another Palm for eBay? They are so reliable (I know yours has died) and the batteries last for days between recharges. You would be able to use all your existing software and settings.

thats what I thought I would do, but I know so little! There is a sony Clie on there. Would that work?

Edited by Andys101 & Redfrock

Hi Claire!!

My mum kindly dropped a bottle of 7up all over my palm Vx, but I loved it so much, that I've replaced it with another Vx, from Ebay, that I got for a tenner.

I know there are far more sophisticated gadgets on sale, but it does the job perfectly, it simple to use, and at that price, it doesn't really matter if another bottle of 7up goes all over it... a tenner is neither here nor there in the grander scale of things!!

thats what I thought I would do, but I know so little! There is a sony Clie on there. Would that work?

I use a Sony Clie (TG-50) with cachemate , no problems

Quite happy with Plucker too, but cachemate is much better