Which MicroSD Card?

peachs

My Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX is on its way... but which Micro SD Card do I buy?

I cant decide between the Kingston 1GB and the Sandisk 1GB.

From my research on the net, the Sandisk seem to be going for about $8NZD more than the Kingston.

My questions are...

Is the Sandisk worth the extra?

Do both operate well on the 60CSX?

Are there any major differences between the 2?

What SDCard do you use... and how does it work for you?

:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by peachs

I use a Sandisk TransFlash 1GB and have had no problems. When I purchased it Sandisk was the only microSD card available. Just make sure that you don't purchase a Sandisk Ultra card as they are not Garmin compatible. I can't comment on other makes but there have been comments on various other microSD cards on the forums.

I tried SanDisk 1GB first and could not download more than about 400MB worth of maps before it would fail with a read error. I have tried this with two different MicroSD cards in two different 60CSx units with the same results.

I got two Kingston 1GB MicroSD cards last week and I have about 900MB worth of maps on them. No problems what so ever.

I have to recommend Kingston!

I cant decide between the Kingston 1GB and the Sandisk 1GB.

From my research on the net, the Sandisk seem to be going for about $8NZD more than the Kingston.

My questions are...

Is the Sandisk worth the extra?

Do both operate well on the 60CSX?

Are there any major differences between the 2?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only problem I have with Sandisk is, I had one of their CF cards go bad which can happen with any card, but it took me 6 weeks from the time they got the bad one back, and five or six phone calls and a bunch of run arounds to get them to replace it. Their warrenty policy is they are supposed to ship the replacement within 10 days of receiving the bad product in their plant. The last call I made to them I was told they had no record of me ever calling them. I finally told them I was going to turn the matter over to our state consumer protection agency and that seemed to get their attention because I had the new card less then a week later.

On the other hand I have some Kingston cards that I have never had any problem with.