GSAK

:ph34r: I recently purchased a Magellan 600 and did not receive Mapsend with it. I have thought about purchasing Mapsend but it is costly. I read about GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) and thought I would try it. After downloading and installing it I really like it. It is very easy to send the files to the 600 and to Microsoft streets and maps. For those of you wanting to buy Mapsend, I would try this first and I am sure you will like it. I am not sure that it will work the same for the Garmin but I believe it will. Just thought I would let everyone know. Good luck and Happy Caching. :ph34r:

Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

Thanks quikkuffer

I think GSAK should be part of every Geo Cachers toolbox.

It's easy to use, and is looking better every release.

GSAK can also sends waypoints directly to most Garmin units aswell as Magellan. With GSAK you can also send caches to Mapsource and then you can create routes around caches.

:D I recently purchased a Magellan 600 and did not receive Mapsend with it. I have thought about purchasing Mapsend but it is costly. I read about GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) and thought I would try it. After downloading and installing it I really like it. It is very easy to send the files to the 600 and to Microsoft streets and maps. For those of you wanting to buy Mapsend, I would try this first and I am sure you will like it. I am not sure that it will work the same for the Garmin but I believe it will. Just thought I would let everyone know. Good luck and Happy Caching. :D

Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

GSAK is a very useful program.

Regarding Mapsend, the main benefit is to have the maps in your GPSr for use in the field.