The Ultimate in Tradable Coins!

Eric K

I went for it... reserved 5. Worst case is that obtaining a complete set won't happen - either by purchase or trade, then I'll just do the unthinkable... drop them in caches. :D I'm sure there are lots of cachers that would like to find them.

*Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!* "We have a Winner!!"

You rang the bell, PP B) Ultimately, this is (or should be) the goal of almost all geocoins. We keep a very small number of those we buy; a few we trade, but most get put in caches: the majority activated, but a few unactivated for others to trade for. If we buy any of these, we might keep one of the coins for our collection, but the rest will likely travel, as God and Jeremy intended them to do B)

In reading over this thread, several things are very apparent...

A] Math skills in this country are still terrible.

B] People will complain about almost anything, and they aren't consistent.

C] When half the people want a change that the other half don't, few people seem to have the ability to compromise, possibly because no compromise positions are available.

D] Some OPs have a very hard time responding to the questions asked, rather than the questions that they *think* were asked.

The comments about the precentages changing are valid; I majored in math, so I kind of know how to do this stuff :( But I think that the second projection of mintages was designed to answer the (valid) complaints of those who felt that the original projections gave a very low chance of achieving a set, even with aggressive trading. This is just a guess, as OP never explained this, and they have yet to address this issue, despite several requests. In fact, they have ignored several reasonable requests for explanations of various points. I have found this to be a common problem in many of the "I have a new geocoin" threads. Few things piss people off more than being ignored. I'm going through this currently on a different geocoin, and I'm about to give up on it. When answers are required, equivocations and evasions will never suffice. I would rather be told that what I want isn't going to happen; I might still take what is being offered, but I will *never* buy something if I am being waved off as a minor annoyance. This being said, there are some outstanding geocoin producers who go far beyond the minimum to answer questions and provide quality service. I could name names, but then I will run the risk of leaving out someone who I should mention and I would not want to offend them. Suffice it to say that most regular geocoin purchasers know who the outstanding producers are/have been, and they have gotten praise from me directly, so *they* know who they are B) Again, my thanks to you all.

The bottom line with this issue is either going to be that you buy it with the hopes of getting lucky, either directly or through trading, or you will buy it to put a few more pretty gewgaws into caches for others to find and enjoy, and (we hope) move along. Those who hope to get lucky need to realize that every person, such as PennyPacker or ourselves, who buys these to put in caches is cutting into your chances of getting a Royal Flush. This is the Mathematical Reality; you can take it to the bank and earn interest on it. What you do with this information will help determine how much you enjoy this particular issue. If you hope to convince us to trade with you for a "card" that you need, be prepared to give up more than you will get back.

B] People will complain about almost anything, and they aren't consistent.

Truer words have never been spoken...

I'm actually surprised at how many folks are taking the attitude that "If I'm not guaranteed a complete set, them I'm not going to buy any!"

One more reason our new coin project rings so true!

For those of you that made pre-paid reservations the offices will be closed until next Monday the 26th. We will continue sending out the pre-paid reservations at that time and should have all the pre-paid invoices e-mailed out by the end of next week.

NOTE: This is for the PRE-PAID reservations only.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

... I'm actually surprised at how many folks are taking the attitude that "If I'm not guaranteed a complete set, them I'm not going to buy any!" ...

I ordered five coins and I have no idea what "hand" I'll be "dealt" ... but that's just part of the fun (and theme) of this particular coin issue ... poker, right?

I mentioned in a previous entry that I would be willing to trade with anyone who is interested in improving their "hand" and I've already been contacted by some interested parties who've also ordered five coins.

Come to think of it, maybe everyone who has ordered five coins can post what coins they receive and we can see who ends up with the best poker hand ... Royal Flush, five of a kind, full house, etc.

Just a thought. B)

Edited by tom4props
... I'm actually surprised at how many folks are taking the attitude that "If I'm not guaranteed a complete set, them I'm not going to buy any!" ...

I ordered five coins and I have no idea what "hand" I'll be "dealt" ... but that's just part of the fun (and theme) of this particular coin issue ... poker, right?

I mentioned in a previous entry that I would be willing to trade with anyone who is interested in improving their "hand" and I've already been contacted by some interested parties who've also ordered five coins.

Come to think of it, maybe everyone who has ordered five coins can post what coins they receive and we can see who ends up with the best poker hand ... Royal Flush, five of a kind, full house, etc.

Just a thought. :(

I think another part of the fun will be even if you do get a set then you can try to match them up by number for a real challenge! B)

I'm not impressed that if I order five coins, they might all be the same. Sounds like a mere marketing scheme to me, and I'll pass. Plus the caveat that once these sell out, you'll be minting more? Please. Not to mention the design :smile:

I collect all things poker related and those coins are beautiful.

I'm moved to buy very few coins, but I would have bought a set of those. Too bad. My money will stay in my pocket.

I come late to the discussion, but I did read all the way through. I never did see a reply about the 'randomness' question. I'm not accusing, I'm asking. As a pretty new, not well-known entity in the geocoin club, I would be pretty hesitant in thinking that I have the same chance of receiving the lower minted (more desireable) cards than someone who's been around the game. Maybe that's just the pessimist in me....but I don't recall seeing it addressed after it was asked. I like the coins....I probably wouldn't buy them even as a set....I definately wouldn't buy them without knowing what I was getting. My fear: a purchase of 5 coins would get me no more than a full house....3 tens and a pair of jacks. All of a sudden, the trade is gonna be in the other guys favor everytime. Nah. Since you're business is not dependent on my money, I guess it doesn't matter much. I find it pretty disappointing as a new collector that the question "How will randomness be acheived" to paraphrase, was completely ignored. My guess based on that.....randomness will play no part in it. Maybe I'm wrong.....hard to tell when the seller won't even acknowledge that it's been asked.

Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

I come late to the discussion, but I did read all the way through. I never did see a reply about the 'randomness' question. I'm not accusing, I'm asking. As a pretty new, not well-known entity in the geocoin club, I would be pretty hesitant in thinking that I have the same chance of receiving the lower minted (more desireable) cards than someone who's been around the game. Maybe that's just the pessimist in me....but I don't recall seeing it addressed after it was asked. I like the coins....I probably wouldn't buy them even as a set....I definately wouldn't buy them without knowing what I was getting. My fear: a purchase of 5 coins would get me no more than a full house....3 tens and a pair of jacks. All of a sudden, the trade is gonna be in the other guys favor everytime. Nah. Since you're business is not dependent on my money, I guess it doesn't matter much. I find it pretty disappointing as a new collector that the question "How will randomness be acheived" to paraphrase, was completely ignored. My guess based on that.....randomness will play no part in it. Maybe I'm wrong.....hard to tell when the seller won't even acknowledge that it's been asked.

Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

I suppose randomness could be achieved by putting all the coins in a big raffle bin, mixing them up and drawing them out blind folded as the orders are filled ... NOT - the coins might get damaged.

Perhaps all the coins could be in listed on individual tickets and then drawn from a giant raffle bin as the orders are filled ... very time consuming.

Or perhaps, all the coins could be entered into a computer, be randomly picked by a non-biased sofware program and than assigned (as per coin types) to individual orders .... I think we have a winner! :smile:

Edited by tom4props

IMO I just think for the amount of coins your minting over 1000 that the price could be a little lower then $8.00 a coin. Its just a little weird that Ive seen lower priced coins that where minted in lower quantites and when the coins are only 1.5". Theres nothing really special about these coins. Their not 3D from the look of it, People wont want to trade a Ace for any other coin in the set when they could trade it for a better coin. Theses coins will be hitting e*** faster then even the 2007 Compas roses.

I suppose randomness could be achieved by putting all the coins in a big raffle bin, mixing them up and drawing them out blind folded as the orders are filled ... NOT - the coins might get damaged.

Perhaps all the coins could be in listed on individual tickets and then drawn from a giant raffle bin as the orders are filled ... very time consuming.

Or perhaps, all the coins could be entered into a computer, be randomly picked by a non-biased sofware program and than assigned (as per coin types) to individual orders .... I think we have a winner! :smile:

My own personal method would include a trained squirrel taught to fetch from a giant box filled with the coins. The squireel would need to wear padded gloves, of course, to avoid damage. Whatever coin the squirrel fetches goes into the next enevelope. Quick, easy and they work for peanuts!

My own personal method would include a trained squirrel taught to fetch from a giant box filled with the coins. The squireel would need to wear padded gloves, of course, to avoid damage. Whatever coin the squirrel fetches goes into the next enevelope. Quick, easy and they work for peanuts!

I like it! ... but if the Animal Trainers Local gets wind of this, they man require USA Geocoins to hire a bunch of Squirrel Wranglers and that could get costly. :smile:

For those of you that made pre-paid reservations the offices will be closed until next Monday the 26th. We will continue sending out the pre-paid reservations at that time and should have all the pre-paid invoices e-mailed out by the end of next week.

NOTE: This is for the PRE-PAID reservations only.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Is there a plan for non-pre-paid invoices?

And would you care to let us know if there are going to be more than 675 coins now?

Thank you,

-- Scott

The pre-paid invoices are in the process of being e-mailed. We HOPE to have all of the pre-paid invoices to be e-mailed within a week.

Non-pre paid invoices will not be sent until after the coins are in stock. Pre-paid reservations will be shipped before the non-pre pay orders are sent.

1300 coins will be minted with the following break down:

325=10's

300=Jacks

250=Queens

225=Kings

200=Aces

Thanks you

USA Geocoins

Edited by Eric K

Are these packaged somehow so that nobody (including USA Coins) knows what the coin is till it is opened? Sort of like baseball cards?

It appears that the question of the “Random” packaging is an issue with some as to why they choose not to order, yet it seems like you just choose to ignore this question so I will ask again how will you insure that all packages will be packed at “ Random “

Asking again !!! or do you still choose to ignore

The pre-paid invoices are in the process of being e-mailed. We HOPE to have all of the pre-paid invoices to be e-mailed within a week.

Non-pre paid invoices will not be sent until after the coins are in stock. Pre-paid reservations will be shipped before the non-pre pay orders are sent.

325=10's

300=Jacks

250=Queens

225=Kings

200=Aces

Thanks you

USA Geocoins

so i guess teh percentages went bye bye. o well. guess it will make more people happy.

325=10's

300=Jacks

250=Queens

225=Kings

200=Aces

Thanks you

USA Geocoins

so i guess teh percentages went bye bye. o well. guess it will make more people happy.

I'm fine with this too, I'm still hoping for 5 of a kind (aces of course). That would win most hands, right? :P

Any updates on this "coin series"? :laughing: I'm anxiously awaiting the "random packages" to start arriving, and see the feedback posts. Randomness won't be as much of an issue now since more than double the percentage of Aces are now being minted.

Information from order website:

50 Aces = 7.4%

100 Kings = 14.8%

150 Queens = 22.2%

175 Jacks = 25.9%

200 Tens = 29.6%

New Minting Quantities, in order to keep the percentages the same :)

200 Aces = 15.4%

225 Kings = 17.3%

250 Queens = 19.2%

300 Jacks = 23.1%

325 Tens = 25.0%

Any updates on this "coin series"? :laughing: I'm anxiously awaiting the "random packages" to start arriving, and see the feedback posts. Randomness won't be as much of an issue now since more than double the percentage of Aces are now being minted.

50 Aces = 7.4%

100 Kings = 14.8%

150 Queens = 22.2%

175 Jacks = 25.9%

200 Tens = 29.6%

200 Aces = 15.4%

225 Kings = 17.3%

250 Queens = 19.2%

300 Jacks = 23.1%

325 Tens = 25.0%

Me too, I LOVE poker, I know people are frustrated but I still want them. :):)

Steel City Babes

50 Aces = 7.4%

100 Kings = 14.8%

150 Queens = 22.2%

175 Jacks = 25.9%

200 Tens = 29.6%

200 Aces = 15.4%

225 Kings = 17.3%

250 Queens = 19.2%

300 Jacks = 23.1%

325 Tens = 25.0%

Me too, I LOVE poker, I know people are frustrated but I still want them. :):)

Steel City Babes

I'm a poker player and I gamble hundreds of dollars on a single hand, BUT I'm not willing to gamble on a purchase. That's NO FUN for me. I WANT a set and I'll pay a reasonable price for a set and top off the deal with a couple sets (12 coins each) of my own smashed coins to get a set of these coins from anyone that gets an extra set together and isn't lookin' bend me over to give it to me.

I'm wondering..... It's obvious that most people wouldn't want just one of a set like this. They'd be willing to buy whole or multiple sets, soooooo..... Why BOTHER to play games where the possibilities of folks getting turned off by what they receive are so high? :)

For instance: Let's say I buy in for 3 hands of these coins and I end up with mostly 10s and a couple jacks and NO complete sets. How pi$sed am I going to be? Pretty durn PO'd, I can tell ya..... 10 points for an original idea, but I'll gamble that this could get ugly when folks start getting what was dealt to them.

Gosh, it's been so long since this started that I've completely forgotten if we reserved any of these, or not. I checked the site, and it looks like things are moving along, if slowly. Anything new or interesting to report? Bet folks would like this for GW5, if they are going to it, which we aren't.

Gosh, it's been so long since this started that I've completely forgotten if we reserved any of these, or not. I checked the site, and it looks like things are moving along, if slowly. Anything new or interesting to report? Bet folks would like this for GW5, if they are going to it, which we aren't.

The coins are currently in production. We don't want to give an exact date in case there are any unforeseen delays. If there are no delays they should be in within a few weeks.

I received my Royal Flush coins today. I ordered two sets of five and I got a Royal Flush! I'm so excited. I have 3 10s, 1 Queen, and 1 King extra. I will probably trade for coins other than Royal Flush coins, unless I want to try and get two complete sets.

Just as a note.

All the pre-paid orders have been mailed out as of Friday.

We are just starting the billing for the non pre-paid orders.

Also, the icon hasn't been uploaded yet. Here is the icon that will be used. I personally think this is one of my favorite coins that we have made! :P

Icon: ace.jpg

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Edited by Eric K

Well, I received mine today, and I can attest to the truly randomness of the packaging. I pre-ordered ten coins, as the mintage suggested that 1.5 in 10 should be aces. Of course that's where the term random comes in. Just because the percentages are in your favor, like in the game of poker, luck still plays a major part in your success. My hand: 3 tens, 3 jacks, 1 queen, 3 kings, and no aces. Bummer, anyone have an ace to trade?

Has anyone else not received their's yet? (I'll have to double check with my wife but I don't think mine have arrived)

We have not received ours as of yesterday's mail. But we had a substitute carrier for two weeks, and we were less than impressed with him ;) Our regular lady came back from vacation yesterday, so maybe things will start showing up again.

Edited by chaosmanor

Well--

I already got two coins (I did place two separate orders with two separate checks thinking it might more random, but they decided to cash both my checks and only send me one order. A few e-mails got my money back months later), but now that I see there is very little difference in the number of each coin style minted, I don't feel so bad that they messed up my order.

So I got a 5 and a 50. Hope people on e-bay trying to get a whole set don't fall for the "very limited number" of aces.

My 5 (jack) will be released into the wild to roam caches, the 50 will stay with me, as will my money and not go to usageocoins.

I still have not received my coins - am I the only one?

I'd send them an e-mail. IN MY OPINION, I wouldn't be surprised if they took your money and didn't send any coins.

IN MY OPINION, I don't think they really planned very well for this project.

Someone contacted me with an email of where to forward my payment information so I just sent it and will hope to hear by the beginning of the week.