The Ultimate in Tradable Coins!

Eric K

USA Geocoins is proud to present The Royal Flush (Hearts) Geocoin.

The coin is made especially for those that love to trade. When you order you don't exactly know which of the coins that will be in your order. The higher the card face the fewer the coins that will be minted.

What that means is there will be less Jacks minted than 10's, fewer Queens minted than Jacks, fewer Kings than Queens, and only a limited number of Aces!

The coin details and reservations can be made here!

PLEASE READ OVER THE COIN INFORMATION BEFORE ORDERING.

THESE COINS ARE NOT SOLD AS SETS!

The Royal Flush (Hearts) Geocoin!

We are expecting these coins in late April to early May.

10.gif

5.gif

25.gif

50.gif

100.gif

Now can someone officially tell me why those outside the US are limited to regular reservation and not a guaranteed reservation :ph34r:

How does these two different reservation systems work? If i have reserved a bunch of these (as an overseas cacher), does it mean that i wouldn't necessarily receive them as opposed to the USA residents who guaranteed a sale with pre-payment.

I'm confused :ph34r:

mm

and while officially answering that one please explain why a US customer can have multiple coins in the same order with shipping calculated at checkout for how ever many coins including mixing types. Outside the US a single coin type is counted as a single order with no way to combine different orders.

a tad biased I would think.

Sue

These are very pretty poker chips. And I applaud the marketing ploy. I am sure you will sell thru this product, just like everything else being offered these days. But I think I am going to pass on this. IMHO, these are way expensive and with each purchase, you have no idea what you might get. Might as well buy one of those mystery bags on eBay. :ph34r:

I'm not impressed that if I order five coins, they might all be the same. Sounds like a mere marketing scheme to me, and I'll pass. Plus the caveat that once these sell out, you'll be minting more? Please. Not to mention the design :ph34r:

The original plan was to mint 675 coins. Dependent upon the number of reservations more coins will be minted to fulfull all the orders for the reservations. The percentages of each coin minted will stay as close to the same as possible.

Paypal states that payments made via paypal must be delivered in I think it is 7 days after payment.

21 days unless it was recently changed.

I think the coins are nice and the random factor makes it kind of like a prize bag where you don't know what you're going to get. If you get the set, cool. If not, no big deal :ph34r:

Paypal states that payments made via paypal must be delivered in I think it is 7 days after payment.

21 days unless it was recently changed.

I think the coins are nice and the random factor makes it kind of like a prize bag where you don't know what you're going to get. If you get the set, cool. If not, no big deal :ph34r:

Thanks for the paypal information. However we still will not do prepay payments via paypal. Just in case the coins have errors and have to be reminted, get lost in transit, etc... It's rare but occasionally unforeseen delays arise and we would not want to violate Paypals policies.

Thanks

I made a reservation for five coins last night. Who knows ... maybe I'll draw the perfect flush?

... but I won't know until the coins arrive. Anyone wanting to trade coins to perfect their "hand" after the coins arrive, let me know!

Happy caching!

Tom

PS - I think I got my reservation in early enough, but if pre-paying seems like a better way to go, please let me know.

Edited by tom4props

I hope we are not going to see some cacher show up with an Ace of Spades Ultra Double XLE version.

07 Compass Rose comes to mind

The only coins that will be minted are the ones advertised on the page. There will be no XLE editions or other metals.

Thanks

PS - , I would have pre-paid if PayPal was an option.

...Sounds like a mere marketing scheme to me, and I'll pass. ...

(names removed since my reply is not directed towards these people)

These are interesting comments since in most other threads:

1) People DON'T want to pre-pay because of all the recent issues and delays

2) Half of the coins coming out these days are nothing more than commercial coins hoping for a good marketing scheme

As usual, I'll pass on these since they have no conenction to caching IMO, but I find the comments interesting as they don't seem apply to other coins as well.

Are these packaged somehow so that nobody (including USA Coins) knows what the coin is till it is opened? Sort of like baseball cards?

It appears that the question of the “Random” packaging is an issue with some as to why they choose not to order, yet it seems like you just choose to ignore this question so I will ask again how will you insure that all packages will be packed at “ Random “

I hope we are not going to see some cacher show up with an Ace of Spades Ultra Double XLE version.

With the King of Cache and OneEyedJack already out I was wondering about a Queen of Hearts and Ace in Hole coins. That appeals to me more than these...

I just don't get the distributions. Only 50 full sets are possible (ace limited) leaving 425 standalones or rejects. This is why I don't gamble... only the house wins.

With the King of Cache and OneEyedJack already out I was wondering about a Queen of Hearts and Ace in Hole coins. That appeals to me more than these...

I just don't get the distributions. Only 50 full sets are possible (ace limited) leaving 425 standalones or rejects. This is why I don't gamble... only the house wins.

I'm going to pass on this one as well. If they went through with minting the same number of coins for each card, but kept the random distibution, It think it would be kinda fun to work out the trades to complete the set.

What's the purpose in putting out a coin set that's marketed towards completing the set, where a majority of collectors won't be able to complete the set? Are you guys the same people who sent all the "A's" in the Pepsi Challenge bottle cap game to Siberia? (Yeah, that one dates me.)

To quote Joshua the computer from the movie Wargames, "The only winning move is not to play."

We will continue to take reservations until at least the end of the day. Due to the overwhelming support here are the projected mintage totals. We have increased the numbers due to the amount of interest in this coin.

These numbers may increase if more reservations are made.

10s-325 minted

Jacks-300 minted

Queens-250 minted

Kings-225 minted

Aces-200 minted

Total mintage=1300 coins.

Once again, these numbers are just projections and not set in stone.

If more reservations are made before the order is placed the mintages will be increased.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Personally I like the idea of this coin as well as the design. But I am also in love with poker so that should say something. The challenge is being able to complete the set and trading coins to obtain that goal. There is no difference from any other coin maker that puts out a limited number of special coins while selling a regular version. I can't complete the set without getting all of the coins and with a limited number of special coins the likelihood of doing that are slim.

We will continue to take reservations until at least the end of the day. Due to the overwhelming support here are the projected mintage totals. We have increased the numbers due to the amount of interest in this coin.

10s-325 minted

Jacks-300 minted

Queens-250 minted

Kings-225 minted

Aces-200 minted

If more reservations are made before the order is placed the mintages will be increased.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

The original plan was to mint 675 coins. Dependent upon the number of reservations more coins will be minted to fulfull all the orders for the reservations. The percentages of each coin minted will stay as close to the same as possible.

Umm, the percentages are different. the number still differs by 25, but thats not percentage. In the original there 7% aces, now there are 15% aces. seems to go against the claim that percetnage will stay as close to teh same as possible. there is double of the percentage of aces... just found it interesting, i dont care one way or the other, i cant afford them eather way

Edited by ByrnedFish

Personally I like the idea of this coin as well as the design. But I am also in love with poker so that should say something. The challenge is being able to complete the set and trading coins to obtain that goal. There is no difference from any other coin maker that puts out a limited number of special coins while selling a regular version. I can't complete the set without getting all of the coins and with a limited number of special coins the likelihood of doing that are slim.

I'd say the difference is that in this case you don't know what you are getting. Usually (but not always) you can buy the limited edition. Or maybe you can't but you at least know that before you pay. Here you *may* get the limited run ace (etc) or you may not. It doesn't bother me that they are setting it up this way. Just not for me.

just for the simple fact of being able to hold a coin that will perhaps bring a trade of two or three coins in return I am taking this one. I may keep one and give it to my son who collects poker chips..

But the trade value for someone who may want to finish their set off may bring big reward...but like in any poker game...they may not either.

10s-325 minted

Jacks-300 minted

Queens-250 minted

Kings-225 minted

Aces-200 minted

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Umm, the percentages are different. the number still differs by 25, but thats not percentage. In the original there 7% aces, now there are 15% aces. seems to go against the claim that percetnage will stay as close to teh same as possible. there is double of the percentage of aces... just found it interesting, i dont care one way or the other, i cant afford them eather way

:o What ever happened to sticking to your claims, especially when people are either prepaying or pre-ordering! I am very disappointed that you are changing the percentages AFTER some of us placed orders based on expected percentages (note i am aware of possible numbers increases, even though you stated "....THE PERCENTAGES WILL STAY THE SAME... ")

.).

The current numbers almost place the numbers very similar to each other (which some people may wish, due to the better chances of obtaining a set), however i was basing my order on the initial statements.

How do i go about cancelling my preorder as i feel at this rate, it is not of value to purchase the numbers i planned?

For some more construction feedback, your preorder system (especially the pre-payment component) is not "world friendly" and is only available to US residents. Whilst this sholuldn't be a major concern with this geocoin (i assuming this to be the case as my original question was not answered), i don't understand why coins like the satin CR were done like this as it meant none of these were available outside the US. For an online store, this policy is disappointing to see and i would hope that you can find a better process to obtain a fairer buying field. I have talked to several coin collectors outside of the US who have similar views on these limitations, especially considering some of us enjoy geocoins produced by Coins & Pins (and aren't too concerned with the associated postage costs when receiving a sweet coin) ....... do you think it is wise to focus on another system to cater for the rest of the geocaching/geocoin world?

mm

Edited by Map Monkey

10s-325 minted

Jacks-300 minted

Queens-250 minted

Kings-225 minted

Aces-200 minted

Thank you

USA Geocoins

:o What ever happened to sticking to your claims, especially when people are either prepaying or pre-ordering! I am very disappointed that you are changing the percentages AFTER some of us placed orders based on expected percentages (note i am aware of possible numbers increases, even though you stated "....THE PERCENTAGES WILL STAY THE SAME... ")

.).

The current numbers almost place the numbers very similar to each other (which some people may wish, due to the better chances of obtaining a set), however i was basing my order on the initial statements.

How do i go about cancelling my preorder as i feel at this rate, it is not of value to purchase the numbers i planned.

mm

Anyone interested in cancelling their orders can send an email to support at usageocoins dot com.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

I think they haven't changed yet. But if more people complain about not being able to finish up a complete set he might mint more.

We should have the numbers tonight.

Once the numbers have been posted, additional coins will not be minted.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

I think they haven't changed yet. But if more people complain about not being able to finish up a complete set he might mint more.

We should have the numbers tonight.

Once the numbers have been posted, additional coins will not be minted.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

but the numbers you posted dont match the percentages, like stated they would. they are completely different

.).

How do i go about cancelling my preorder as i feel at this rate, it is not of value to purchase the numbers i planned.

mm

Anyone interested in cancelling their orders can send an email to support at usageocoins dot com.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Email sent. :D

I'll echo your exact thought process.

Gamble on folks! :o

On a postive note they are colorful and pretty, but kinda low on the cute factor scale for me.

Pepper

are the king and ace not trackable because in the artwork pics the 10 jack and queen are trackable but the king and ace are not. Is this a mistake?

They will all be trackable. The text was just not added to those two coins yet on the artwork.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Sent a reservation for 5. Sure hope C A Royal Flush gets to C A Royal Flush!

Well, you could buy up all the coins, and call them you signature coin set.

LOL, so true!

Yeah, after attending the Temecula event we have been considering our own coin, and something similar to these, but putting out one coin at a time. Now we have to get more creative. But we still want these. You can't have too many royal flushes. :D