2GB card holds Topo AND CNv.8?

shivia

Hello all. Do you know if the 2GB card can contain Canada Topo AND CNv.8 (at least East Coast from New England's states to Key West, FL) ? If yes, can I switch between them depending when I need auto-routing or topo's terrain. Can I load them in, saying, 2 different layers. And I'll use show/hide maps function for switching. thanks.

Since nobody else has answered you I will take a stab at it. I believe that yes is the answer, within reason. You can only have so many map tiles loaded. Something like 2200. I also believe that the maps are then organized in layers and you can switch between them.

I don't own CN8 so please realize that I am not an authority. I can tell you that I couldn't get all of Topo US on a 1 gig card because of the limited number of tiles allowed.

I put CNv.8 (all US and eastern Canada) and the northeastern US Topos on a 2gb card (it takes about 1.7gb). The topos map tiles are so small that you'll quickly reach the 2025 tile limit. You'll have to look at the number of tiles in the Canadian topos to see if you'll have any room for the CN.

And they do load in layers so you can turn off the CN map to see the topo. In fact, you have to deselect CN to see the topos.

Edited by cheme

Am I missing something!

I have read hear that it is possible to load City Navigator and Topo Maps to the same Card. However when I load a mapset from mapsource to my venture cx micro sd card the new mapset overwrites the old set and I cannot have two map sets on the same card!

Is there another way of loading mapsets that I am missing!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks..........

You must select in MapSource both types of MapSets at the same time, and tranfer them as one!

The unit will re-sort them out.

Thanks for that Strumble!

I was having a "dead brain" day and I know I had done it before, that will teach me to try and use my desktop one day and laptop on site the next day, thanks for bringing it all back.............

Thanks again!