I tried - maybe you can help

Will Jeep for Cache

I found this benchmark (or what i believe is a benchmark) by chance this weekend. i have tried to find it on the database and gone through the "Me first" thread but i can't seem to find this guy. I could just be doing something wrong, this is the first bench mark for me.

Can anyone help?

It is un Utah, I believe Toole county or Juab county (it is near the line), and i think zip code 84626

Here is the Photo

IMGP3227.JPG

Edited by Will Jeep for Cache

As Z15 said this is a corner marker between sections of land. It’s in Township 9 south (T9S) and on the line between Range 2 west (R2W) and 1 west (R1W). It marks the corner of sections 13 and 24 of Range 2W and 18 and 19 of Range 1 W.

I went to this web site and found the coordinates for the center of section 24 to be 40.021833,-112.013500

Plug that into Google Maps and see if that does not come close to where you found the marker.

The United States Governement Land Office (GLO), now the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), was given the responsibility of managing the Public Lands. State-wide surveys, for the purposes of land measurement & ownership, were done by the GLO. The survey marks they set were called Section Corners. Additional info about these types of marks can be found in these threads:

Cadastral survey disk?, benchmark?

BLM Cadastral Survey Marker

Cadastral Disks, What is the difference: cadastral, geodetic?

Help Me Find What This Is, Pipe cap

Us General Land Use Benchmarks

Hope this helps

- Kewaneh