Geocoin Mission Mayhem!

UOTrackers

(Had to split this post up into 2 due to the number of images)

Part 1

Had quite a load in the mailbox today... in fact, in addition to junk mail, the mail-person left a key to one of the bigger boxes at the end of the mailbox hut. 6 different coin packages were in there, the highlight of the group were these two:

EnvelopeSmall.jpg

and this

CIMG0413Small.jpg

Couldn't wait to open them up, but I just had to see if I could determine the sender before I opened them. The first package had this clue:

addressSmall.jpg

That city and country rang a bell since I have sent coins there before. When I opened up the package I found these:

contentsSmall.jpg

An antique gold Nero v2, which I did not have, but I really like it. A Crake Autumn Rose set, now I can actually put one on my fridge rather than stash it in a collection, and the best of all, a keewee handmade, numbered, sig item: (I really like this thing!)

close-upSmall.jpg

A very thoughtful item and package sent from keewee, I REALLY appreciate it.

continued in next post.

Part 2

So after I got over all the May Day excitement, I moved on to the other package, obviously it's the Geo-Birthday package as noted on the back:

CIMG0414Small.jpg

Looking for clues as to the sender I spot this on the return address label:

gnome.jpg

The Merry Little Geobirthday Gnome? No help from that! So I open it up:

CIMG0416Small.jpg

The inner packaging is busting at the seams... and there's a card:

CIMG0418Small.jpg

and it's signed by The Secret Geobirthday Queen! Obviously, I'm still clueless. So now I open up the next part:

CIMG0420Small.jpg

Good grief, I say to myself, I better get started. Here's what came out of all that:

CIMG0422Small.jpg

3 fresh geocache log books.

A CacheZone.de pen.

A North Dakota coin - I've been meaning to get this coin for months.

A Cointracking.com Coin Image Placeholder coin, another coin I've wanted.

A Pathfinder Club coin - very cool.

An Anthus Firefighter coin, another coin I've wanted for some time.

An Allinfun sig item.

A Texas smashed penny.

A Krewe of Centuar sig item.

A Green Ribbon pin.

An Arkansas pin.

and a Michigan pin.

May be some clues in here as to the sender, but I'm leaving well-enough, alone. This was an incredibly generous package and I can't thank the sender enough... really. I feel like I really hit the jackpot with these last 3 'secret' exchanges (not that the prior ones were any less appreciated). There was a great deal of thought and preparation put into what I received.

Thank you all very much. Oh... and one last picture, you can't have gifts without this:

CIMG0423Small.jpg

Trash!

WHOA!!! Thats is some day at the Mailbox!!! DUDE...That KEEWEE ROCKS! And what a cool birthday package too!

Great to see all the missions!!! Some pretty darn good ones too!

I got my missions today also!!!...Ill take some pics and post them tomorrow night-my camera's at home..?

Part 2

So after I got over all the May Day excitement, I moved on to the other package, obviously it's the Geo-Birthday package as noted on the back:

CIMG0414Small.jpg

Looking for clues as to the sender I spot this on the return address label:

gnome.jpg

The Merry Little Geobirthday Gnome? No help from that! So I open it up:

CIMG0416Small.jpg

The inner packaging is busting at the seams... and there's a card:

CIMG0418Small.jpg

and it's signed by The Secret Geobirthday Queen! Obviously, I'm still clueless. So now I open up the next part:

CIMG0420Small.jpg

Good grief, I say to myself, I better get started. Here's what came out of all that:

CIMG0422Small.jpg

3 fresh geocache log books.

A CacheZone.de pen.

A North Dakota coin - I've been meaning to get this coin for months.

A Cointracking.com Coin Image Placeholder coin, another coin I've wanted.

A Pathfinder Club coin - very cool.

An Anthus Firefighter coin, another coin I've wanted for some time.

An Allinfun sig item.

A Texas smashed penny.

A Krewe of Centuar sig item.

A Green Ribbon pin.

An Arkansas pin.

and a Michigan pin.

May be some clues in here as to the sender, but I'm leaving well-enough, alone. This was an incredibly generous package and I can't thank the sender enough... really. I feel like I really hit the jackpot with these last 3 'secret' exchanges (not that the prior ones were any less appreciated). There was a great deal of thought and preparation put into what I received.

Thank you all very much. Oh... and one last picture, you can't have gifts without this:

CIMG0423Small.jpg

Trash!

i want to know who it is!! after seeing the green ribbon, i'd like to know!

May Day:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! ~ Not yet

GeoBirthday:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! Got this one today.

What I got today.

Cache Cow Mirco

Tiki Mojo's Hoard Bronze

PengoFamily pin

sTeam Traen pin ~ My Secret GeoBirtday went all. I just started to collect pins and got two I didn't have. Very Kool.

BlueGirl/GeoLOBO Token

JAYBEE Litlens wooden nickel ~ Also collect homemade swag items. Thanks so much didn't have this one.

Moun10Bike wooden nickel ~ And now for the last item. My head fell off on this one. It might not be a geocoin but wooden nickels are just the same to me. This one was the last one to come out. After I picked up my head off the floor and duct taped it back on for a quick fix. I could not believe my eyes a Moun10Bike wooden nickel. Thank you so much.

To both of my Secret GeoBirthday's Thanks You So Much!!!!!! They are just Great!!!!!

Now if my sister finds out that there are Cow Geocoins I might just loose one of them.

Both my missions arrived with May Day labeling, so I've posted the second as a birthday mission received.

May Day:

1. Participating - I'm in!

2. Received Name - Yup

3. Mission Complete - It's in the mail

4. Package Received! WOW, I mean YES!

GeoBirthday:

2. Received Name - Yup again

3. Mission Complete - Mailed on 4/27.

4. Package Received! - Yes, Thanks!

My second mission package arrived today from WI. It contained a silver sand dollar (Hooray, I bought a sand dollar to release, but didn't want to part with it. Now I can keep my mission coin and send the purchased coin on its way) and an antique silver Scout geocoin. The second is especially cool as I hope to have an eagle scout in the family soon (If he'd ever get cracking on that last MB).

Well, the mayhem is over for me, all missions have been sent and all received.

My last to arrive was my mayday mission it contained:

Keep on Cachin' - very cool

e-place - non trackable?

an oakcoin free free die side coin

a canadian quarter with the breast cancer logos on it.

Thanks to the 3 people who sent me packages.

What a great May Day package! It contained all coins that I didn't have!!!

I got one of the new Wyoming coins...(I just love Devil's Tower...it's so impressive in person and I'll be visiting this summer on a caching trip!). A micro red handed coin, a keychain traveler hogwild coin and Jevans7 personal top 40 coin....it's my first top 40 coin! Thanks!! Made my day!!

Oh...edited to add that I forgot the cool colored bison tube all set to be placed! Thanks

geomayday.jpg

Edited by Tank Hounds

May Day

3. Mission Complete: Yes (sent late: should arrive by Wednesday, was waiting for a coin)

Hmmmmm...we received our May Day package today! :blink:

We got a ready to place cache with the following inside:

• Triple Dragon (one that Chris has really been wanting!)
  • Leprechaun Geocoin
  • A set of travel bug tags--VERY cool idea! Maybe we'll send it on a mission to meet the "Secret May Day Agent"

THANK YOU!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

2. Received Mission - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes - Arrived last week. Thank you very much, who ever you are! Received a Kootenay Cachers geocoin, an American Red Cross 125 years geocoin and a vey nice Geocaching pin. Photo still to come

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes - Arrived at the weekend. Thanks PengoFamily - what an amazing package. The whole family loved it! Received a PengoFamily geocoin, a Slovalia Geocoin and lots and lots of other things! Michael loved getting into the lollies and toys! Photos still to come.

:oMay Day! May Day! :(

I received an envelope decorated with butterfly and flower stickers. Looks like May Day to me!

A DefCon, a Red Handed, a Geo Pencil, and a personal token from lindsychris were tucked inside. Hmm, who could my May Day sender be? :shocked: Thanks for these wonderful coins!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes - and THANKS!

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes - should be arriving any day soon

4. Package Received - Not yet

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

Thanks to all for the great stuff! We love the exchanges! Can't wait for the next one to start!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! for the wonderful gifts, our girls had blast opening there presents!

So......... what's next? :shocked:

Jake

Wow! Did I get a fantastic geo birthday present! Don't know who you are but you went overboard! Thank you so very much!! Here is what I got:

Get out of travelers jail

Undercover Cacher

Great smokey mountin stamp 10 cents

Original Stash pin

aucoima ver 2

Buffalo Pill cache

one million gold doublons

two caching buttons

7a7829e7-eada-4800-a102-d2d471f7fd74.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Edited by wyohunter

Yipppeee! We received our geo-birthday mission today. :shocked: This is the first time that we have participated in a secret mission and it was lot's of fun. Thank you secret geo-birthday person whomever you are! :(

We have lots of photos which you can find in the attached link below.

We received:

-crayons, coloring book, stickers and a stuffed penguin (how thoughtful) for PengoDaughter

-some really cool handmade geocaching buttons with penguins on them

-3 geocoins that we were looking for: BYO Pencil, Arctic Nomad and the Red Tail Falconer.

Thank you SOOO much!!

Here's a teaser photo (you can go to our webpage below to see them all):

GeoBirthday_01.JPG

For the rest of the pictures please go here:

Visit the PengoFamily GeoBirthday Page!

Edit: To work around improper handling of URLs, it triggered a bug in the forum software, workaround with a tinyurl.com link

Edited by PengoFamily

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes :huh:

Greets, I would like to thank my Geo-Mission folks

One big box arrived, on the heavy side, could not imagine how 2 coins could be so heavy :( Well it seems it was the "THYME" for caching, Enclosed was a Thyme Plant, (will add some flavor to dinners to come) ! 2 sTeamTraen Micro's 2007 Gold , Silver & Matching pin. I have a new found fondness for Micro Coins, what a pleasent surprise. I did not have these also a CITO 07 Bag Geocoin, , A couple of PathTags, and a FrozenBuns sig whistle :laughing: Thanks go out to FrozenBuns for this lovely package :blink:

mayday1.jpg

mayday2.JPG

mayday3.jpg

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes :D

And my Geo-Birthday also arrived :laughing: I have seen these name before on the forums, from the return addy :D Thanks go out to The CinemaBoxers ! Their personal coin, another sTeamTraen Micro in silver, so now have one to release :D and Liberty Enlightening The World 2 coin set, get to release one of these as well ! Sorry no pix on this one, have had limited time these days . Much appreciated :laughing:

Thanks so much for the great coins and missions everyone managed to find coins I did not have, Good Job !! :D , Just waiting on one person to report in and all will be complete !

Specail thanks to UOTrackers for taking time to organize these exchanges for all.

Glenn

EASTER

1. Participating - 3/28/07

2. Received Mission - 3/28/07

3. Mission Complete - 3/29/07

4. Package Received - 4/6/07

MAY DAY

2. Received Mission - 4/3/07

3. Mission Complete - 4/20/07

4. Package Received - 4/28/07

GEO-BIRTHDAY

2. Received Mission - 4/3/07

3. Mission Complete - 4/27/07

4. Package Received - 5/4/07

I received my Geo Birthday package today!

Not 2, but 3 coins!

- Original Stash plaque (7th anniversary)

- Canadian Benchmark micro

- National Geopark Swabian Alb

Thank you very much to my sender!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

Thanks, Jen, for all of your work setting up the missions. Thanks, again, to my May Day and Geo Birthday senders.

Mayday

1. Participating - Done

2. Received Name - Done

3. Mission Complete - Done

4. Package Received! - Yep, Thanks!

Geobirthday

1. Participating - Done

2. Received Name - Done

Thanks to my Mayday and Geobirthday senders and a big thanks to Jen for all the work she put into this!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Our weekend just got a jumpstart with the arrival of TWO mystery packages.

First, the junior ladybugs tore into a flat rate envelope that contained another envelope wishing us a "Happy May Day!" Inside the second envelope was a Mauison Hawaii microcoin, a very striking Broken W personal coin, and a very nice Iowa Beaver personal coin. The micro was a hit with the girls because their favorite place to vacation is Hawaii. Daddy Ladybug has hiked a lot of the John Muir trail, so the Iowa Beaver coin holds special meaning for him, and Mt. Fiji on the Broken W coin reminds us of our view of the Alaska Range from Fairbanks. Thanks for a great package!!!

Then, we turned to the envelope where there was no mistake from where it came. The junior ladybugs tore into the first envelope and my oldest quizzically looked at me as she read, "Happy Birthday, Mike!" She said, "Dad, your birthday hasn't come, yet!" I explained to her that it was geocaching's birthday and I think she understood. Our good friend GlennK sent us a Compass Rose, an IDTimberwolf coin, and a Cacher patch. The Compass Rose gave us a complete set, and the IDTimberwolf coin will go into our coin album on the same page as the 2006 Alaska wolf coins. Thanks a bunch!

We've now received all three missions. Our last two went out on Monday, so people should be seeing them soon!

Well, now I have a bit of mayhem to report. I just received my third package in the mail (I was only expecting two). In addition to two May Day missions, I received a Geobirthday Box today. (I've e-mailed UOTrackers to try and sort this out so that no one gets shorted.)

May Day:

2. Received Name - Yup

3. Mission Complete - It's in the mail

4. Package Received! WOW, I mean YES! (x2 ?!)

GeoBirthday:

2. Received Name - Yup again

3. Mission Complete - Mailed on 4/27.

4. Package Received! - Yes, Thanks!

After returning from a little caching this morning, I found a box on the doorstep - from my "Birthday Buddy." It contained a bunch of noismakers (they worked, everyone got into blowing them). There was also a Cache Mover coin, a postal jeep and a BRoKeN W geocoin. I have a suspicion as to who the package was from - THANKS!!!

Edited by tokencollector

Geobirthday

1. Participating - Done

2. Received Name - Done

My birthday package arrived! I received:

- Geocaching patch

- Geo dogtag skin

- DNF pin

- Nielsnc Clover :anicute:

- GCC Feb 07

My secret birthday giver did an awesome job!! I have no clue who you could be. The only clue I have is the state from the mailing package. Hmmmmm......

I took pictures. I just need to get them off the digital camera and upload them to the net. I will update this post after I do so.

Thanks so much!! :anicute::anicute:

Anthus

All missions complete now. When can we do more???

My secret birthday agent sent me 3 coins... they are ALL So Cool :(

1) says " I feel off the Wagon...Are you addicted?" Way too cool!!!

2) "2005 geocaching New Mexico" coin

3) "2006 Louisiana geocaching" coin.

SO, Many thanks to whom ever had me ;)

Yipee :P All missions complete here, we recieved our Geo Birthday present today. It contained the following cool coins;

An "Evil Micro '07" :( (I love these guys)

A "Not so lost puppies" ;) (very cute)

And my bestist favorite A "Geosmurfz Top 40" :P

Thankyou so much secret birthday buddy, whoever you are ;)

Now just waiting for my Geo Birthday to be recieved State Side

Thanks everyone for the fun, looking forward to the next "Secret Mission" :(

Edited by Team chelmo

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received -Not yet...but maybe my Birthday Buddy devined that my "real" birthday is Thursday and sent it off to arrive around then...lol..even if it did get lost...I had a great time participating and reading the posts from my recipients...they all seemed happy with their goodies...

Like most everone else...I'm looking forward to our next secret mission...

And a hearty Texas YeHaw to Jen for doing such a great job with all the mayhem...

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes! Thank you to my birthday buddy. My package actually arrived a couple of days ago. Sorry about the late post. I received a Flog your Tees coin and a Keepers of Ontario's Caches coin with beautiful Canadian Geese. Thanks!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. No Mayday package yet- I'm still watin'...in the mail I hope :cool:

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. No Mayday package yet- I'm still watin'...in the mail I hope :cool:

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

DITTO!!

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received-?

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - ?

Waiting for two missions of which I received one today but I don't know which one as it wasn't marked. It has a new 2007 Wyoming coin, a Top 40, a Caught red Handed micro, a Travel coin and a Bison Spy Capsule.

Thank You, Thank You

TraderDell

May Day

1. Participating - B)

2. Received Name - :blink:

3. Mission Complete - :D

4. Package Received - :D Yes - Thank you Secret Geocoin Pal I received the Crake Three Roses Autumm and a very pretty 2006 Alabama Geocachers Association. Thanks so much!!

GeoBirthday

1. Participating - :D

2. Received Name - ;)

3. Mission Complete - :(

4. Package Received - :D Yes, I actually received it last week - it's just taking me some time to play catch up here!! What a great package!! For coins: a Rhode Island 2006, an Acadia National Park and an Evil Micro right in it's own little micro cache. I also received an other evil micro cache complete with great cammo, a package of tokens and an activated 5-Star geocoin to release. Thanks so much Secret GeoBirthday Pal!!!!! Everything arrived in great shape and I will get your coin on the move soon!

Here is a pic. You can click on it for a larger version:

th_coins188.jpg

Edited by WI_Robin

Our May Day package came yesterday, and it was well worth the wait! We received a LE Nano Caches, Coinfusion, and HI Micro...as if that wasn't enough, we received a special nano cache container, Top 40 pin, stickers and the most awesome dragon necklace that I have ever seen (Brenda snatched that up right away!). Thanks, Allie!

DSC01666.jpg

Yesterday I came home tired after a long afternoon of cacing. I checked the mailbox and there was a padded mailer with a cool coin I had traded for and no bills LOL Hours later Tom came into the computer room and said "Did you get your package?" Of course I said what package? Well I think its one you have been waiting for. I dashed out to the door and there it was--my Geo-Birthday mission!

Found some scissors and discovered a party in a box complete with party hats, plates and napkins! A nicely wrapped box contained a Temecula Hot Rod and an Idaho micro. Thanks secret mission cacher!!!

P5080656.jpg

Received our GeoBirthday Mission today. We received a misty silver sand dollar and Sequoia National Park geocoin as well as a really cool sig item and card. Thanks Keewee!

Still waiting for our May Day Mission.

Your welcome. Gee - that did take a long time to arrive. Will remember to allow for an extra week next time.