Geocoin Mission Mayhem!

UOTrackers

Easter packaged recieved yesterday :anicute:

It came all the way from One Hoppy Lane, Easter Patch, CA!! :)

Received a Crazy Caching With Our Pug geocoin (really cool coin!!! - I'd not seen this one before),

and a Alabama Geocachers Association geocoin (I'd thought about buying one of these but not got around to it, so I'm happy to received one! Soooo shiney)

Thank you very much my Secret Easter Bunny!!

EASTER

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

2. Received Mission - Yes

3. Mission Complete - may still be in international transit...

4. Package Received - Yes

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

2. Received Mission - Yes, research under way

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

YAY! The easter bunny delivered two new coins to me this morning.

bunny~0.jpg

Those are fantastic coins.

The pic doesn't show it (boy it's complicated to take pics of coins) but my secret bunny although sent two pathtags (I love those).

The kids opened the package with me and they were very excited. By the enveloppe first, and my the contents then.

Thank you thank you thank you Secret Easter Bunny!!

EASTER

1. Participating - 3/28/07

2. Received Mission - 3/28/07

3. Mission Complete - 3/29/07

4. Package Received - 4/6/07

MAY DAY

2. Received Mission - 4/3/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

GEO-BIRTHDAY

2. Received Mission - 4/3/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

Are we trading not trackable and micros too?

I have a few questions regarding the rules of the game.

1. Do the coins need to be trackable?

I initally thought they should be, but I see that it's not necessarily the case. Now I'm thinking that maybe the idea was more along "IF you're sending a trackable coin THEN it must not be activated" (which makes plenty of sense).

I'm asking this because many people (including me) have non trackable coins on their seek list, and I could fill part of my missions easily if non-trackable are accepted.

2. Are micros acceptable?

Same reason. People are seeking micros too and there are need I can fullfil.

Thanks, and happy Friday to all!

Are we trading not trackable and micros too?

I have a few questions regarding the rules of the game.

1. Do the coins need to be trackable?

I initally thought they should be, but I see that it's not necessarily the case. Now I'm thinking that maybe the idea was more along "IF you're sending a trackable coin THEN it must not be activated" (which makes plenty of sense).

I'm asking this because many people (including me) have non trackable coins on their seek list, and I could fill part of my missions easily if non-trackable are accepted.

2. Are micros acceptable?

Same reason. People are seeking micros too and there are need I can fullfil.

Thanks, and happy Friday to all!

Short answer, yes to all.

Long answer, I'd say if someone has it as seeking it's fair game. Also, 'd say the thought is what counts, it's all about the excitement of opening something you dont know what it is. It's all just good fun!!!

Easter

1. Participating - 3/18/07

2. Received Name-3/18/07

3. Mission Complete-3/20/07

4. Package Received!-Yes and what a great package it was!

May Day

2. Received Name - 4/3/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

I too would like to have clarification on the non trackable question. My understanding was that they had to be trackable. The requirement was that they had to be unactivated which to me means that they ARE capable of being Activated and thereby, trackable. If the decision is made at this late date to allow non-trackables, I would hope that it would be limited to non-trackables on their seeking list. :cry:

I too would like to have clarification on the non trackable question. My understanding was that they had to be trackable. The requirement was that they had to be unactivated which to me means that they ARE capable of being Activated and thereby, trackable. If the decision is made at this late date to allow non-trackables, I would hope that it would be limited to non-trackables on their seeking list. :cry:

I have participated in all of these Secret Missions and have received unactivaated coins, I don't think it really matters. Some of my most favorite coins are coins that are not trackable and I would never consider giving them up. While some of my trackables are just "coins", so for me I don't see what the big deal is:) It is the spirit of the gift that is important.

Just wondering ... Can you still participate in the May day mission? And if so... can you send out non-trackable coins?

Yes you can still participate, send en email to MissionMakers@yahoo.com

As far as which coins you send, some people try to find coins on their assigned mission's wish list and others just send what they have. I'm out of town and have no access to the files on my home computer until Monday so I will send out the last assignments when I return.

NO MORE MISSIONS after Monday please

Easter

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

3. Mission Complete - Done!

4. Package Received - Easter Bunny Arrived !

May Day

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

GeoBirthday

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

4-7-2007010.jpg

4-7-2007005.jpg

4-7-2007008.jpg

THANK YOU EASTER BUNNY !!!!!

The Easter Bunny came today and what perfect timing! :)

My envelope with the Easter stickers all over it had an Alabama 2006 coin, an Evil micro, and Kansas Sunshine 2007 micro, all of which I don't have.

I had no clue to who sent it at first but after looking through the names here, I think my Easter bunny has two of ~ in her name. Tasia aka Easter Bunny, thank you for my coins, I really liked them :) Happy Easter to you and everyone.

tsunrisebey

EASTER

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes - arrived April 2nd.

4. Package Received - Not yet - I don't think the bunny wants to visit somewhere that is snowing!!! (Calgary, Alberta)

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

Edited by Tethys C

I too would like to have clarification on the non trackable question. My understanding was that they had to be trackable. The requirement was that they had to be unactivated which to me means that they ARE capable of being Activated and thereby, trackable. If the decision is made at this late date to allow non-trackables, I would hope that it would be limited to non-trackables on their seeking list. :)

In earlier missions they could be either nontrackable or trackable. But if they were trackable they had to be unactivated. I have both sent out and received nontrackables and have loved all of them. I personally see no reason to limit them to just ones on the seeking list as there is no restriction to just sending trackable coins on the seeking lists. In fact many don't have any lists at all....

I too would like to have clarification on the non trackable question. My understanding was that they had to be trackable. The requirement was that they had to be unactivated which to me means that they ARE capable of being Activated and thereby, trackable. If the decision is made at this late date to allow non-trackables, I would hope that it would be limited to non-trackables on their seeking list. :blink:

In earlier missions they could be either nontrackable or trackable. But if they were trackable they had to be unactivated. I have both sent out and received nontrackables and have loved all of them. I personally see no reason to limit them to just ones on the seeking list as there is no restriction to just sending trackable coins on the seeking lists. In fact many don't have any lists at all....

I have to agree....I think that sending and receiving non-trackable as well as unactivated trackable coins as part of the missions is good thing. I have loved all the coins we have gotten.

I wish more people did have a seeking list..... :o

I agree as well... I used to want trackables, but now I find myself more and more seeking out those untrackables! The fun part is, IMO these are often more rare than the trackables, and have alot of meaning to the people who create and send them.

Bottom line is, if you participate, you should be happy with whatever someone chooses to send you. Its all in fun, and I always appreciate the time someone puts into participating.

(And not to sound bad, but if you already have something, or dont want it, you can always trade with someone who really wants that coin!)

My Secret Gecoins Easter Bunny arrived today! :laughing:<_<<_<

I received a 2007 Evil Micro, a Geosmurfz geocaching top 40 and a beautiful black Not So Lost Puppies Year of the Dog along with 2 signature items--all of these are coins I didn' have! What a great day after Easter present!

(Side note to my Secret Bunny--read your note and totally understood your situation--it was very nice of you to take care of it the way you did and I thank you for your generosity!)

My secret Easter Bunny hopped up to Calgary today from Idaho. Thanks so much. After some careful slicing and dicing of the box, I entered the bunnies nest to find an easter egg geocoin and 2 BRoKeN W coins. :laughing: They are beautiful. Also nestled in the ready to use bubble wrappers were an Altoids tin for a future cache and some bunny candy plus a cool truck that will fit into a cache in the near future. To top it all off, there was Mr. E. Bunny, cozied up in his basket all tired out from the trip.

Thank you so much for this.

Could someone point me to a forum related to adding images and/or HTML to these posts. I have a picture of my easter box that I would like to add. TIA.

Easter Bunny

1. Participating - Yep

2. Received Mission - Yep

3. Mission Complete - Yep

4. Package Received - Yep

My easter bunny hopped by while i was in Majorca on Saturday :sad: What a fabulous package i recieved from my not so secret bunny. My egg is simply stunning what a talent you have i am really thrilled and bowled over thank you so much.

Now to the coins i got a top 40 summerandnanna, little hopper,hawaii micro and pin a buzzy bee and one free die coin oak coins and pins all inside my special egg ;)

easter.jpg

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

My secret Easter Bunny hopped up to Calgary today from Idaho. Thanks so much. After some careful slicing and dicing of the box, I entered the bunnies nest to find an easter egg geocoin and 2 BRoKeN W coins. ;) They are beautiful. Also nestled in the ready to use bubble wrappers were an Altoids tin for a future cache and some bunny candy plus a cool truck that will fit into a cache in the near future. To top it all off, there was Mr. E. Bunny, cozied up in his basket all tired out from the trip.

Could someone point me to a forum related to adding images and/or HTML to these posts. I have a picture of my easter box that I would like to add. TIA.

Photobucket.com works well and is free. Sometimes if its a picture I have used on one of my caches I use that url.

Let's see that package!!!

My secret Easter Bunny hopped up to Calgary today from Idaho. Thanks so much. After some careful slicing and dicing of the box, I entered the bunnies nest to find an easter egg geocoin and 2 BRoKeN W coins. :sad: They are beautiful. Also nestled in the ready to use bubble wrappers were an Altoids tin for a future cache and some bunny candy plus a cool truck that will fit into a cache in the near future. To top it all off, there was Mr. E. Bunny, cozied up in his basket all tired out from the trip.

Photobucket.com works well and is free. Sometimes if its a picture I have used on one of my caches I use that url.

Thanks for the help...here is the picture. Thanks again Easter Bunny ;)

Easter.jpg

My secret Easter Bunny hopped up to Calgary today from Idaho. Thanks so much. After some careful slicing and dicing of the box, I entered the bunnies nest to find an easter egg geocoin and 2 BRoKeN W coins. ;) They are beautiful. Also nestled in the ready to use bubble wrappers were an Altoids tin for a future cache and some bunny candy plus a cool truck that will fit into a cache in the near future. To top it all off, there was Mr. E. Bunny, cozied up in his basket all tired out from the trip.

Thanks for the help...here is the picture. Thanks again Easter Bunny :sad:

Easter.jpg

Glad it finally made it there! We had been watching its progress throughout the week and were worried it got lost when it hadn't been scanned since April 4th. Hope we did good in finding something you'd like. ;)

EASTER

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

We received our Easter package today. Thank you very much Secret Bunny! We received Hershey's chocolates (my favorite), a matchbox porsche (very thoughtful) and 2 coins I had not seen before:

Geoscouting (I have been a leader for 11 years)

English Geocoin Group (egg) (we are planning a vacation in England this summer)

Thank you so much, we are thrilled with our present!

This is our first "Secret Missions" that we have participated in and are really looking forward to the surprise packages :laughing:

May Day

1. Participating - 24th March

2. Received Name - 3rd April

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday

1. Participating - 24th March

2. Received Name - 3rd April

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it,"

"I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!"

"ooh ooh!" :anitongue:

Hmmmm, I came home to TWO bubble mailers today.

I noticed right away that one came from Birthday Mission Madness. The rest of the address looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it right away.

I got side tracked because I quickly realized that the second envelope was our samples of our first personal geocoin! I decided to open the samples and save the Birthday Mission for Chris to open. (Since I get home first, I open all the coin packages! :unsure: )

Well, that worked for all of about 15 minutes, and then I ripped into the envelope. Hmmmm, our Birthday Mission came with Easter wrapping??????? <_< It looks strangly similar to the wrapping in Post 265! I think we may have seen that somewhere before??????????? :o

We got:

* Hogwild Stuff/Random Act of Kindness silver traveler

* Coin Town Silver (never seen this coin before!!)

* Plymouth Rock Benchmark coin (again, never seen this one)

Thanks so much "secret" Birthday Giver!

Edited by lindsychris

EASTER

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

4. Package Received - Yes today :o

Well, My Easter package arrived today. It had a very long trip ! Postmarked the 7th of March from New Zealand !

I received a Jangor BN, Great coin I did not have, I enjoy coins that are not round , 2007 Kansas Sunshine Micro , another I did not have, wonderful as I have a new found fondness for Micro Geocoins and last but defiantly not least a hand made KEEWEE Sig Token #11, A very special item as it adds a very personal touch to this gift mission :unsure:

Many thanks to KeeWee01 from a land far away for my special package. :o

Oh yes a note to say one coin in production will follow. definatly not necessary ! This was a great Easter envelope just the way it came <_<

MAYDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Working on it !

4. Package Received

GEOBIRTHDAY MISSION

1. PARTICIPATING - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Working on this too !

4. Package Received

Edited by glennk721

Easter

2. Received Name-3/18/07

3. Mission Complete-3/20/07

4. Package Received!-Yes and what a great package it was!

May Day

3. Mission Complete - 4/12/07

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

WOW Broken W your package looks great, what fun it must have been to dig thru all those goodies. Way to go :blink:

It WAS great fun. My kids were jealous, as I got a better Easter present than they did :unsure: .

I'm digging around for something to thank my Easter Bunny for their extra effort ;) .

Easter

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

4. Package Received! - Yes (Apr 10)...see pic below!!! Thank you bunny!!! My son loved the extra surprises.

May Day

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Sent Apr 11

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Sent Apr 11

4. Package Received!

426ea14f-b873-42d3-bdff-35d0432f059d.jpg

After a little bit of Mayhem, I'm back on track with the correct names. The following is true (again).

May Day:

1. Participating - I'm in!

2. Received Name - Yup

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

GeoBirthday:

1. Participating - I'm in!

2. Received Name - Yup again

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

EASTER

1. PARTICIPATING - Yup

2. Received Mission Yup

3. Mission Complete Yup

4. Package Received Yup

MAY DAY

1. PARTICIPATING -Yup

2. Received Mission Yup

3. Mission Complete Yup

4. Package Received

GEO-BIRTHDAY

1. PARTCIPATING - Yup

2. Received Mission Yup

3. Mission Complete Yup

4. Package Received

OK<

Birthday Package is on its way to a very special person. Hope you like it <_<:ph34r::rolleyes:

DANG, just found one of the items sitting all by its lonesome, have sent it out in a seperate envelope. She can decorate her wrist with it when she gets it. Sorry it didn't make it into the BIG package. :laughing:

Hope you enjoy all the goodies :rolleyes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOCACHE

Edited by Frozen Buns

Easter

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

4. Package Received - Easter Bunny Arrived !

May Day

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

4. Package Received

GeoBirthday

1. Participating - Done!

2. Received Name - Done!

4. Package Received