IPAQ HW6915 Windows mobile with integrated GPS

===sgb

I've owned a Garmin Etrex for a while now and an quite happy with it - except in trees and central london.

I've just purchased an HP Ipaq HW6915 windows mobile do everything phone with built in GPS. The software it came with isn't what I am seeking - it appears basically a TomTom in car navigation program with a single map.

I would like to get some software that will act more like the etrex - show lat/long, plot a scaled breadcrumb trail on a grey background (no map), mark defined points in lat/long etc and work anywhere in the world. Does such a thing exist? Anyone have any recommendations?

===sgb

I have basically the same phone the Ipaq hw6955. I have installed on a 2Gb memory card, Cachemate, which will store all of the cache pages with hints etc. as well as it will give you that handy dandy little follow the arrow to the cache feature. I have also installed Garmin GPS10 using it with GPSproxy as a fully functional Garmin Que which offers voice turn by turn navigation with the appropriate Mapsource maps unlocked for it. As well you may be interested in mobile.google.com for a mobile gps enabled version of Google maps and Google Earth.

I have basically the same phone the Ipaq hw6955. I have installed on a 2Gb memory card, Cachemate, which will store all of the cache pages with hints etc. as well as it will give you that handy dandy little follow the arrow to the cache feature. I have also installed Garmin GPS10 using it with GPSproxy as a fully functional Garmin Que which offers voice turn by turn navigation with the appropriate Mapsource maps unlocked for it. As well you may be interested in mobile.google.com for a mobile gps enabled version of Google maps and Google Earth.

:o i have an ipaq 6515c which is basically the same as the new 6915.

i downloaded "navio" software and it works well with gps. you can either use a blank map or a scanned map which you will calibrate. it has compass, speed display, altitude display, track log, all features of etrex except auto routing. you can download navio in ipaqchoice or handango website. :blink: