CONTEST: Design MY Signature Coin

Snoogans

DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way seeking orders whether pre or post. I will not discuss sale of these coins on this thread in any fashion and I will report any post that does so it can be moderated. I just need some help:

I bought a coin press mainly to do a sig item and to do a special wedding favor for the guests at my wedding on 4/15. (pssst...that's how I got the snoogstress to ok the funding....shhhhhh)

Here's the problem I'm having. I've finished designing 4 of 5 die rings for a total of 11 out of 12 different frontside coin images and 2 different backside images and my project has ground to a halt for over a week now. I can't come up with a sig image I can live with and it's the most important image of the project in terms of how long it will be used. I have no more hair to tear out and I think my die maker is getting impatient for me to fire the bullet on the last image so this project can be completed.

I have NO art programs so I have tried doing it all by hand. The problem is, I can't draw worth crap either.

I ran a contest on HGCS.org and didn't get anything I could use there either....

50 FREE smashed coins from my first 12 die images will go to the best representation of my log signature. (equal to 4 full sets + 2 extra)

Here is what I need:

.Jpg or .gif format

The graphic should be recognizable as a representation of my log signature but you can draw heavily on my forum mood signatures.(examples of my mood signatures are in that link to HGCS.org above.)

74797178-1977-4b63-9b5a-904c916aa7a1.jpg

ca5fc8d1-3353-497a-bf31-c49334ad95b7.jpg

6009b7a4-ee63-4769-9ec0-2a114b0db1e8.jpg

607d760b-ebca-44a0-8529-7af0da3a0100.jpg

Do not color or shade. The lines are what's MOST important.

It should say:

SNOOGANS

WUZ

HERE!

The "oo" should form the eyes of a smiley face. The tongue should lol to the left just like I sign the log.

The "WUZ HERE" part should be smaller than the sig in scale. The "R" should be backward and the rounded part pointed. The "E's" should be 3 horizontal bars close together that are easily recognizable as an E.

You can play with the font or make the letters look 3-D. I sometimes use the geocaching "G" symbol for the G in SnooGans. I'd like to see some versions with that symbol used. I will consider out of the box submissions so you don't have to limit yourself.

Use any art programs you have or just plain do the art on a piece of unlined paper and take a good close-up picture.

The BEST representation will be made into my new smashed coin sig item. It will probably be mostly given away and left in caches. 50 Free smashed penny coins from my first 12 coin images are the entire reward for doing this work and the image will be mine to keep and do with as I please. There is no reward promised for designs I can't use.

This contest may only run until Monday 3/19 or Tuesday at the latest. Time is of the essence since I need to get these dies cut and delivered BEFORE my wedding.

You can post your work here or email it to me privately. I will make the final choice. The winner will be announced when my die maker chooses an image he can use from my final choices. A dozen free coins to all unchosen finalists if there are any.

Please get the word out if you know someone who might be able to submit something quickly.

Thanks in advance to all those who expend effort on this contest.

Here are some descriptions of the choices the winner will have to choose from. The coins will roll out with images on BOTH sides.

Each smashed coin die has 4 images: (Image #s 3 & 4 are specific to Texas and Houston and have been left out of this post, but WILL be included in any complete sets requested by the winner)

Die#1

Image #1

First to Find

[large THUMBS UP middle graphic]

Oh YEA!

Image #2

2nd Place is first loser!

[2nd place ribbon image]

Die #2

Image #5

Snoogans wuz here (sort of just like I sign a log book with the OO making a face the slashed e's and the backward R)

Image #6

geocaching: Wayyy more chances to contract West Nile or Lyme Disease than the average person.

Image #7

Tomorrow is the greatest labor saving invention of TODAY.

[.30 cal ammo can image]

Let's go Geocaching!

Image #8

One Degree of Separation

[large ODS graphic]

Linking the entire geocaching continuum to one point

Die #3

Image #9

Mynda & Mark

April 15[Wedding Bell Image]2007

Happily Ever After

Image #10

May those who love us, love us. And those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles. So we will know them by their limping.

Image #11

Here's a crappy smashed penny

[steaming pile of poo image]

For YOUR crappy service (bottom)

Image #12

I'm Agnostic and I wish to God people would STOP thinking that makes me an Atheist!

Backside die #1:

Geocaching "G" book ended by two 4 leaf clover images.

All geocaching related coins will usually, but not always, have this on their backside to symbolized good luck geocaching. (Prolly didn't hafta hit you over the head to get that idea across huh?)

Backside die #2:

PRESS YOUR LUCK

ex-PRESSyourself.com (don't bother looking it up the website won't be up for over 2 months)

[book ended by two 4 leaf clover images]

ONE LAST THING: I will be OFFline until Sunday afternoon attending 4 geocaching events in three days and camping! One of which is my 40th Birthday event tonight! :)

Edited by Snoogans

WOW. I was surprised that only one person from this forum made an attempt. I was sure someone here could win the prize. :D

I'm going to give the pictures of my drawings to the die designer and see what he can do with it.

Thanks to everyone that made an effort. :D

Contest over. No winners, but some of Thot's work on my local forum mayyy make it onto the coin.

WOW. I was surprised that only one person from this forum made an attempt. I was sure someone here could win the prize. :D

I'm going to give the pictures of my drawings to the die designer and see what he can do with it.

Thanks to everyone that made an effort. :D

Contest over. No winners, but some of Thot's work on my local forum mayyy make it onto the coin.

Hi snoogans

Have you received my email and my designs ?

No winner ?

A lot of the designers here in the forums are super busy folks. B)

SO maybe everyone has not had time to see the thread and come up with a design for you because of the short deadline. :(

There are some super talented folks here and I know anyone of them could work you up a design you would love. B)

Good luck on your coin project...and your impending nuptials too! B)

Some simple line drawings

snoogans2-1.jpg

snoogans1.jpg

Thanks for the effort. :anibad::anibad:

Here's some direction for you and anyone else that is planning on making an attempt.

I'm not interested in a direct transfer of my sigs, but you're close. I like the S's and N's in the top line drawing. The WUZ HERE is pretty close to perfect too.

I like the OO and the face in red ink in my OP.

I like the A from the the middle hand drawn pic in the OP because it kinda looks like the old Star Trek insignia. It could be narrower though, so it doesn't look out of place.

The G can be one of the opensource G logos or a regular G. I'd like to see it both ways though.

I also like the HERE that Thot did on my local forum. I really like that font.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.... If you can put all of those elements together in a way that feels right to me, basically fattening the lines out and improving on the face, you'll have a winner.

That coin will be my personal sig coin for a loooooong time to come. That and my wedding die are the whole reason I started this project. I won't fire the bullet on my sig until it's just right.

Anyone who submits something that I feel is worthy to send to my die maker, will get a complete set of my coins even if it can't be used. Consider them finalists.

The winner will get 50 smashed pennies any which way they want. They can take 4 complete sets + 2, or mix and match, or they can take 50 of one coin. Whatever they want. :laughing:

Here's what I could get from your criteria above.

snoogans2.jpg

EXCELLENT! You are a finalist (Score 12!) and you may go on to win the whole 50. :laughing:

The face still needs to be improved upon and I can't use the G.

The smile is too grinchy. The curl needs to come out of the corners and the tongue isn't quite situated right. The eyes feel wrong too, but not by much. The hole on the A could be a lit-tle smaller too.

The WUZ needs some thickening.

Try one of these G's. The first one on that page should work well.

Thanks so much for the effort. Even if you don't try again I CAN use some of this!!! :anibad:

snoogans8.jpg

Thanks! :sad: I can use part of that! You're a finalist! :(

I like the tilt on wuz here. That's the way Thot had it.

That is also the face that I rejected when Thot submitted it.

The tail on the Z needs to stay long. The hole in the A could still be a bit smaller.

We're pretty much there except for the face. Thanks for the update. :ph34r:

To anyone else that is thinking of making an attempt, I'm not above considering something totally different if it works for me. Only one person on my local forum did something outside the box and it was pretty neat.

Edited by Snoogans

To anyone else that is thinking of making an attempt, I'm not above considering something totally different if it works for me. Only one person on my local forum did something outside the box and it was pretty neat.

I was thinking of making Snoogans into a ambigram, Its easy to do but hard to get it to look great.

snoogans4.jpg

Outside the box? Hm...

Folks we mayyyy have a winner.

GT, since YOU got us to this point first, I'd like to see if you can make the entire sig look more uniform.

It feels a bit pieced together, but it's GREAT. The face still needs a teeny bit of tweaking, but I can almost live with that. Leave the look of the Wuz Here alone though. It's perfect!

I won't take any more variations of this sig submitted by anyone else, but the contest isn't OVER until my die maker is back in the shop on 4/3

Thanks to 501 for improving and updating! Score 12 for that EXCELLENT effort.

Back to the drawing board for anyone else who wants to submit something new and different. GT & 501 will still get 12 coins for their efforts if I switch tracks.

I'll still pay out in my smashed coins (amount to be determined at that time) if I use something later that is submitted here. Which reminds me that I need to contact Dino Hunters to give them a set for my forum mood signatures they did in 2004.

Thanks so much for all your efforts. I can rest now that I know my project will be completed ON time for the launch of my website in June.

Edited by Snoogans

snoogans4.jpg

Outside the box? Hm...

Folks we mayyyy have a winner.

GT, since YOU got us to this point first, I'd like to see if you can make the entire sig look more uniform.

It feels a bit pieced together, but it's GREAT. The face still needs a teeny bit of tweaking, but I can almost live with that. Leave the look of the Wuz Here alone though. It's perfect!

I won't take any more variations of this sig submitted by anyone else, but the contest isn't OVER until my die maker is back in the shop on 4/3

Thanks to 501 for improving and updating! Score 12 for that EXCELLENT effort.

Back to the drawing board for anyone else who wants to submit something new and different. GT & 501 will still get 12 coins for their efforts if I switch tracks.

I'll still pay out in my smashed coins (amount to be determined at that time) if I use something later that is submitted here. Which reminds me that I need to contact Dino Hunters to give them a set for my forum mood signatures they did in 2004.

Thanks so much for all your efforts. I can rest now that I know my project will be completed ON time for the launch of my website in June.

OKAY! I just realized what feels wrong about the face!

The OO should be the SAME size as the other letters which is why the tilt works so well on the WUZ HERE to save space on an elipse shaped coin. :laughing: Can you do it GT?

Ello.

Dis is Don Vito Yimo, an I am here to cordially invite yooze guyz to step into da back of da van for a nice talk, mKay? Me and my palz Mackey da Knife and Don Guido Gridlox represent a most distingwished group of artisans dat try verry, verry hard to protect the artistic integrity of dis neighbahood heeya.

Now yooze guyz wouldn't be tryin' to do any artwerk without permishun of da art bosses wouldja? I mean, weeze art guyz are yoonyun, and you gotta pay da bosses ta be in da yoonyun. If'n ya don't, yooze git yer elboze bent in da wrong way, an it might be a little tuff ta click da mouse from dat angle, ya unnerstand?

Tank you very much for your attenshun to dis mattah.

Have a good day, aight?

Ello.

Dis is Don Vito Yimo, an I am here to cordially invite yooze guyz to step into da back of da van for a nice talk, mKay? Me and my palz Mackey da Knife and Don Guido Gridlox represent a most distingwished group of artisans dat try verry, verry hard to protect the artistic integrity of dis neighbahood heeya.

Now yooze guyz wouldn't be tryin' to do any artwerk without permishun of da art bosses wouldja? I mean, weeze art guyz are yoonyun, and you gotta pay da bosses ta be in da yoonyun. If'n ya don't, yooze git yer elboze bent in da wrong way, an it might be a little tuff ta click da mouse from dat angle, ya unnerstand?

Have a good day, aight?

Glad GT's the one Snoogans decided made the drawing!

Ello.

Have a good day, aight?

otoh...yooze guyz is in TROUBLE!

<_<<_<:ph34r::D:D:D

snoogans7.jpg

Struggling with the 'A', but I think that everything else is to your spec.s.

OKAY!!! I LOVE THE ARCH. We have what appears to be a winner with some tweaking on the A (I like the previous version of the A much better) and a G that could be a tad smaller and maybe a teensy bit thicker to match the other letters. It has the flow and the feel I want and will fit well in the elipse of a smashed coin with that arch.

Start figuring out which quantities of my coin designs you might like, but the contest isn't over until 4/3.

I'm upping 501's update of your design to 20 coins for the effort.

So right now we have a possible podium finish of:

General_tupperware with 50 coins

501 Gang with 20 coins

Thot with 20 coins

Great teamwork guys!

I should have a desktop with the proper programs to do my own designing in a few months, but this has been fun. I truly couldn't have gotten this design right without you.

Thanks so much! :lostsignal:

Any further entries must be totally NEW & DIFFERENT and the podium finish I listed above will not be less, for their effort, even if a NEW entry wins.

90 coins awarded. ANYONE want to take a stab at 50 MORE?

All coins will be shipped to the winners when I'm at full production sometime in mid May.

Edited by Snoogans

snoogans8.jpg

You're right about the 1st 'A' being better. Buttercup just walked by and said, 'Are you still doing that Schnoozle thing?' :D:)

I've enjoyed working on this. You may not know, but I just got started doing pic editing. I've maybe been doing stuff for 6 months with Paint, which is tedious, and not very accurate. REcently I got the Photoshop trial which I've been using. When that expires I'll use GIMP (when I figure out how). It's harder to use than Photoshop, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, what I was saying is that this contest has helped me to figure out a lot more about picture editing.

Before my trial expires, I'll try for an 'outside of the box' sig. by April 3rd...

:lostsignal: GT :D

snoogans8.jpg

You're right about the 1st 'A' being better. Buttercup just walked by and said, 'Are you still doing that Schnoozle thing?' :D:lostsignal:

I've enjoyed working on this. You may not know, but I just got started doing pic editing. I've maybe been doing stuff for 6 months with Paint, which is tedious, and not very accurate. REcently I got the Photoshop trial which I've been using. When that expires I'll use GIMP (when I figure out how). It's harder to use than Photoshop, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, what I was saying is that this contest has helped me to figure out a lot more about picture editing.

Before my trial expires, I'll try for an 'outside of the box' sig. by April 3rd...

:D GT :D

WOOHOO! That's about as perfect as I can imagine. :D You're welcome to try to improve it, but I'm extatic at the look and flow of this version. You have talent.

That will be my sig item for quite a few years to come. :)