Its Not About the Numbers - Online analysis tool

A few people have commented on our profile page (thank you)

It was created by uploading our My Finds PQ (see the bottom of this page)

It is important that when you go to the Its Not about the numbers website that you create a login account and tell the site which country you come from in the preferences section

It can then generate the HTML for your profile or any other webpage you want.

It also lets you see the top ten for any country and overall stats that you want.

In addition you can compare yourself to other cachers who have also uploaded their stats by ticking boxes on the search pages.

This compares more than just number of finds it gives you average terrain and difficulty, the length of your online logs amongst other things like counties and countries visited.

It does not currently separate finds in other countries from the list so you will be pushed down the lists by some of the people who have visited america recntly B):P

Hope you find it interesting and dont push us to far down the lists B) but as its not about the numbers dont worry to much.

:P

edit to add preferences section so it knows where you live B)

Edited by markandlynn

It is important that when you go to the Its Not about the numbers website that you create a login account and tell the site which country you come from.

It also lets you see the top ten for any country and overall stats that you want.

In addition you can compare yourself to other cachers who have also uploaded their stats by ticking boxes on the search pages.

This compares more than just number of finds it gives you average terrain and difficulty, the length of your online logs amongst other things like counties and countries visited.

It does not currently separate finds in other countries from the list so you will be pushed down the lists by some of the people who have visited america recntly B):P

Hope you find it interesting and dont push us to far down the lists B) but as its not about the numbers dont worry to much.

:P

That link takes you to a page where you can log in, but not where you can create an account. Or am I missing something?

That link takes you to a page where you can log in, but not where you can create an account. Or am I missing something

I should of added that when you first upload a my finds pq you need to type in a password at the same time.

You can then login and use the preferences page to set your home country B)

That link takes you to a page where you can log in, but not where you can create an account. Or am I missing something

I should of added that when you first upload a my finds pq you need to type in a password at the same time.

You can then login and use the preferences page to set your home country B)

I had tried the password, but it was the zm9 format, that was stopping the whole thing working.

Nice one Mark :(. It took me ages to read your log so I can only begin to imagine how long it took to type :(

edited to correct my bad typing

Ditto :)

NB i got home on Friday and Lynn handed me that log to type in for her she was not aware of the analysis (she is now and is quite proud) :ph34r:

It took a few attempts to edit it down to 4000 characters note the lack of full stops :)

Second in the world behind the one done deliberately to get top spot :ph34r: or is that :)

Just been looking at our caching milestones and noticed the following statement below the graph:

"Based on your overall rate of 0.12 finds per day, you'll find number 200 around 11/28/07 and the big 1000 around 2/27/26." :D

Hold fire on the "big" congrats thread :D

If your stats are similar I suggest we have a race! Any takers?

Keep smiling :D

Dirk

Nice site: I've updated my profile as well. Thanks!

:)

I see you are top in all categories for your country well done !

i also note that you are on exactly the same found count as us !

did we slow you down the other weekend :lol:

I'll soon be racing ahead again. I wonder who'll be the first to 500?

We are now well in front despite the slight slowing factor of two 5/5's in the week

Markandlynn 481

Happy Humphrey 449

I've tried as you said but I get incorrect username/password error!

HELP!

Me too! How frustrating.

Does anybody know how to fix this please?

:(

I've had the same problem :D

It looks like there may be a server problem if there are so many of us with the same error.

I've emailed them and am currently waiting for a reply. When I hear what's up I'll post back here B):)

just want to say thanks for a fantastic website!

easy to use and lots of fun to look at the results - brilliant work!

:laughing::)

It is important that when you go to the Its Not about the numbers website that you create a login account and tell the site which country you come from in the preferences section

It does not currently separate finds in other countries from the list so you will be pushed down the lists by some of the people who have visited america recntly :):)

Hope you find it interesting and dont push us to far down the lists :laughing: but as its not about the numbers dont worry to much.

:)

edit to add preferences section so it knows where you live :)

HELP!

Me too! How frustrating.

:laughing:

I've had the same problem :rolleyes:

It looks like there may be a server problem if there are so many of us with the same error.

I've emailed them and am currently waiting for a reply. When I hear what's up I'll post back here :rolleyes::anibad:

I'm still having problems logging into the site :rolleyes:

Is anyone else?

HELP!

Me too! How frustrating.

:laughing:

I've had the same problem :rolleyes:

I've emailed them and am currently waiting for a reply. When I hear what's up I'll post back here :anibad::ph34r:

I'm still having problems logging into the site :rolleyes:

Is anyone else?

Yes they have had some issues with popularity on a monday morning when everyone does thier my finds query and overloads the site (sound familiar to another sites issues ?).

Have a read of the blog for more details they now have over 3600 people using the site on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

Cheers markandlynn :laughing:

I had read the blog over the weekend when I was having trouble logging in. Unfortunately I haven't been able to log in at all since submitting my file last week.

I was just seeing if any other people had got problems or if it was just something I had done :rolleyes:

I've resubmitted my file with a new password a couple of times just to check I wasn't typing it incorrectly. Guess it just may take a little time for the server to sort itself out :rolleyes:

Just tried to get into the site and got this message....

"I'm currently in the process of moving INATN to its own host. Unfortunately, you stathounds are going to be stuck for a couple days until I get everything moved and back in order.

Sorry about the inconvienience!

-Dave

P.S. If you're seeing this note, then you're viewing this page from the new server, so that's a good start... "

Looks promising :rolleyes:;) Good luck Dave, hope you get it running OK ;)

I'm still having problems logging into the site :) I can upload stats and view them by searching for my caching name, but when I try to log in with my password, I get an error message B) I've tried contacting the owners but as yet have had no reply. Hoping that it's just a waiting game and it will sort itself out eventually :D

I posted a comment on the latest blog on the INATN site stating I was still having password problems. Dave has just replied with this comment:-

"Dave - April 30, 2007 @ 5:21 am

There’s something going on with the password system that I’m overlooking. I’m still trying to figure out what…"

Looks like he's working on it :mad:

I've just tried the site again and it all seems to be working fine :unsure: I can now log in and set my preferences.

Thanks Dave for sorting it, hope it wasn't too much of a pain. :anicute::(

Cheers

I am still having trouble logging in - do I need to relaod my data?

;);)

Yeah, it might be worth a try. The site has been updated recently and it may not have your password.

Just re-upload your zipped GPX file with a new password and see how it goes. If the site hasn't been fixed then it may just be that my data has finally been processed, in which case you may need to wait a few days or so. ;)

I've just tried the site again and it all seems to be working fine :D I can now log in and set my preferences.

Thanks Dave for sorting it, hope it wasn't too much of a pain. :D:D

Cheers

I am still having trouble logging in - do I need to relaod my data?

;):D

Yeah, it might be worth a try. The site has been updated recently and it may not have your password.

Just re-upload your zipped GPX file with a new password and see how it goes. If the site hasn't been fixed then it may just be that my data has finally been processed, in which case you may need to wait a few days or so. :D

Yippee!

I'm in.

:D