GeoWoodstock 5

crtrue

I just started cachin' in January and saw that this was about a three hour drive from my house, so there was no way I was letting this go. If you have your head shoved into a hole:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...58-985df4e6a21d

So -- Who's Going?

If I can get my permission slip signed.... :anicute:

To whom it may concern, I hereby grant llatnek permission to attend geowoodstock 5 in Raleigh NC on May 26, 2007. I won't guarantee that it will be the best event he has ever attended, having that much fun is entirely up to him.

Sincerely,

wimseyguy

geowoodstock5 co-chair

I would if I could. We live in Central Florida. Our oldest daughter graduates from Cumberland College in Williamsburg Kentucky in early May. We've got enough $$$ for one trip north. When I suggested we spend our $$$ on GW-5 and make plans to be at her Doctorate graduation 4 years from now, I had to duck. I still kick myself for not going to GW-3 just up the road. :anicute:

I would if I could. We live in Central Florida. Our oldest daughter graduates from Cumberland College in Williamsburg Kentucky in early May. We've got enough $$$ for one trip north. When I suggested we spend our $$$ on GW-5 and make plans to be at her Doctorate graduation 4 years from now, I had to duck. I still kick myself for not going to GW-3 just up the road. :huh:

Hitching a ride with someone...1/2 the cost of gas

Stay in the bunkhouse...$15/night

Eat Saturday(morning,noon and evening)...FREE

Attend GeoWoodstock 5...Priceless! :anicute:

If I can get my permission slip signed.... :anicute:

To whom it may concern, I hereby grant llatnek permission to attend geowoodstock 5 in Raleigh NC on May 26, 2007. I won't guarantee that it will be the best event he has ever attended, having that much fun is entirely up to him.

Sincerely,

wimseyguy

geowoodstock5 co-chair

Thanks for the documentation! Perhaps SWMBO will accept this.

PS-She's always asking, "Don't those people have real names?" :huh:

I'll be there, but probably in disguise so I don't get beat up. :ph34r:

El Diablo

We know what you look like! :( But I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. :ph34r:

It seems some people were addicted to Today's Cacher and not real happy that I shut it down.

I'm going to give away some staffs at the event...so maybe that will save me.

El Diablo

I just started cachin' in January and saw that this was about a three hour drive from my house, so there was no way I was letting this go. If you have your head shoved into a hole:

So -- Who's Going?

If I can get my permission slip signed.... :P

Sincerely,

wimseyguy

geowoodstock5 co-chair

While wimseyguy might not guarantee that it will be the best event ever, I've been to (and thrown) a lot of them in the last 6 years, and this one looks to be one of the best planned that I've seen, and I'm optimistic that it will be one of, if not THE best that I've ever attended. My wife and I have taken the whole week off to get there and enjoy the Carolinas, their caches, and the BBQ, one of our favorite things! Go attend, permission be damned!

So -- Who's Going?

If I can get my permission slip signed.... :unsure:

Sincerely,

wimseyguy

geowoodstock5 co-chair

While wimseyguy might not guarantee that it will be the best event ever, I've been to (and thrown) a lot of them in the last 6 years, and this one looks to be one of the best planned that I've seen, and I'm optimistic that it will be one of, if not THE best that I've ever attended. My wife and I have taken the whole week off to get there and enjoy the Carolinas, their caches, and the BBQ, one of our favorite things! Go attend, permission be damned!

yeah! what he said!

Thought I was going then work reared it's ugly head. :D

Thought I had that worked out then once again the boss decided I needed to be somewhere else. :D

"Sir, Please, please, please, Sir" were my cries. Still not sure if I will make it or be "needed" somewhere else. If I just wasn't so good at me job it might be easier to get off work. :unsure::blink:;):D

Hey Llatnek, let me scan in that permission slip, maybe I can change the name and give it to the boss - he's a West Pointer and can easily be fooled.

Edited by SgtSue

As a local cacher (Raleigh area) I can tell you . . . you will have TOO MANY cache choices and TOO MANY areas to cache . . . no matter what your desire and flavor - there will be too many of those too.

You can even leave the Raleigh area, if you feel crowded, go south 30 minutes and drop into a heaven of caches in Sanford/Lee County . . . the whole central NC area is busting with hides, good ones, challenging ones, puzzle ones, tc ones, mystery ones, multis, micros . . . it is all there for you. Come early & stay late!

Great hotels, super people and there is the Horsegeeks' BBQ, too. This is NOT an event to miss, the planning is thorough and as well done as the chicken pork & beef spread out for your happy consumption.

See ya'll in Raleigh, come ready to have fun and eat lots! You are warmly welcomed!!!

As a local cacher (Raleigh area) I can tell you . . . you will have TOO MANY cache choices and TOO MANY areas to cache . . . no matter what your desire and flavor - there will be too many of those too.

You can even leave the Raleigh area, if you feel crowded, go south 30 minutes and drop into a heaven of caches in Sanford/Lee County . . . the whole central NC area is busting with hides, good ones, challenging ones, puzzle ones, tc ones, mystery ones, multis, micros . . . it is all there for you. Come early & stay late!

Great hotels, super people and there is the Horsegeeks' BBQ, too. This is NOT an event to miss, the planning is thorough and as well done as the chicken pork & beef spread out for your happy consumption.

See ya'll in Raleigh, come ready to have fun and eat lots! You are warmly welcomed!!!

I am so excited - I will be there.....

Too Many Caches? What is this strange linguistic puzzle you speak? :huh:

We have vacation scheduled for the week after. We were able to get (bribe) other people at work to cover our shifts for the days before and we will be there. We are also driving and caching along the way from Wisconsin. Right now we are planning a two day drive to get there and then stay Friday and Saturday night and leave Sunday for a two-three day drive home. This will be our first national event and we can't wait. To those out there that are procrastinating get moving because the hotels are filling fast. See you in 37 days and 18 hours.

i'll be there !!!

also , my old caching partner ( who moved to boston in Jan ) is flying down to atlanta and we're gonna drive up together .

plus , she just got word that she can stay an extra few days , so that means we can cache like crazy all through the week ! sweet !

see you there !!

If I can get my permission slip signed.... ;)

Sincerely,

wimseyguy

geowoodstock5 co-chair

Thanks for the documentation! Perhaps SWMBO will accept this.

PS-She's always asking, "Don't those people have real names?" ;)

I'm still wondering why my wife -- GC.com handle SWMBO -- needs to give llatnek permission to go to GW5? Is there something I need to know here??? :anicute:

BTW -- my SWMBO has given me permission to attend!

Edited by OzGuff