Geocoin Chat?

CinemaBoxers

Is there a geocoin chat anywhere that I havent seen? I put one up on our site, but I didnt know if there was one, or if anyone would even be interested in talking coins... (Well, obviously we do, because we are here, right!?)

Just curious about that - I know most of the forums, but haven't found a chat.

~Paula

Is there a geocoin chat anywhere that I havent seen? I put one up on our site, but I didnt know if there was one, or if anyone would even be interested in talking coins... (Well, obviously we do, because we are here, right!?)

Just curious about that - I know most of the forums, but haven't found a chat.

~Paula

there is a geocache room on mIRC... we could easily start a geocoin room

I think if you set up a day/time type deal, people would show up. It would be kind of nice to talk about things that might be frowned upon here in regards to geocoins.

I did the Clayjar chat one night but nobody was saying much and what was said wasn't geocaching related so I left but I like the idea of it overall. Give it a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Tsun

I have set one up, but I don't want to break any rules by posting a link, if I am not supposed to!

Anyone who is interested is more than welcome to drop me a PM!

I think tonight would be a GREAT night to start! 7PM CST?

sounds good, i'll be there...

could we put the link in our sig line, do you think?

I don't know if there is any interest but we have a teamspeak host account. It's real time using a microphone. We can host up to 14 additional people at a time. Once you sign in you could check in anytime to see whos in there. We have used it for a lot of things including just talking to far away relatives, and in our online gaming quests. Anyway, if anyone is interested I can get you the log in info.

Yay! Our first chat went well!

Im planning on popping in tomorrow night about 8PM CST - feel free to come in and visit again! (Rooms always open! Pop in whenever)

It was pointed out that its an IRC based room - which is convenient for IRC users.

Enjoyed talking - now I need my forum fix! LOL

Yay! Our first chat went well!

Im planning on popping in tomorrow night about 8PM CST - feel free to come in and visit again! (Rooms always open! Pop in whenever)

It was pointed out that its an IRC based room - which is convenient for IRC users.

Enjoyed talking - now I need my forum fix! LOL

Sure, I finally get in and it's over! Apparently my virus protection was preventing me from getting in, but I figured it out, yay!

if you use mIRC, it may be easier to get into the room :

click options, then click servers, then click add a server

put IRCStorm in the description box, and put irc.ircstorm.net in the IRC server box, port : 6667, then click add

then connect to that server, and go to #geocoinchat

that's where we'll be

Edited by ~tasia~

After FireFox crashing umpteen times. I went the irc route. Got there, saw three other people logged into the chat room, and... ...nobody was saying anything. Either I couldn't see it, or they couldn't see what I was typing, or they'd bugged out but the irc server thought they were still in the chat room for some reason. Ah well.

Scheduled chat tonight folks! Will be popping in 7ish - and will stay for who knows how long!

Was a happenin' room last night - hope to see you all there again later on!

If you havent come in yet - come say Hello - it seems like the longer the room is open, the more people start trickling in!

Chat was a happening place last night - at one point, there were 22 of us in there!!!

I would call the room a success! B) Glad everyone is enjoying it and just to let you all know... it's available 24/7 for anyone to chat in real-time!

~J

Could someone PM me the link/channel # on mIRC?