Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Anthus

I got a shipping notice email....oh oh oh......can't wait!

Yup! It's in the mail. B) I'm shipping via Paypal so everyone will automatically get a notice when their's ships. I sent out a bunch more last night and a few this moring before I left for work. I'll do more tonight, tomorrow, and through the entire weekend. I'm shipping in the order payment was received.

Thanks....Anthus

Will I get a shipping notice for the trade? Or is this only for the sold coins?

Got my 2 little laptop honeys today (black nickel & blue LE) - thanks! But I do have a couple few questions:

Firstly, I've now waded through most every blessed page of this thread (yup all 13 of 'em), and for the life of me, I can find no reference whatsoever to just how many of each of these coins were produced (and will more of any be produced in the future?) Nor nothing of the number of coins minted on the reservation website. Just how many of each, please?

Early on someone suggested that if/when sales hit the magic (1000?) so the coins could have a custom 2-letter prefix code - that "PC" would seem an excellent notion. Yet, I found an Anthus post that we'd reached that sales level, but no mention of what the prefix would be. Now I see... it's "AN". Question is - what's that mean? why AN? Why not PC??? (or leastwise "LT" - LapTop?)

Also, on all the sample pics, the laptops all had "STACY" or "JOHN" in the center, so... naturally I thought my geonic would be on the cover like that. Instead it's the "AN..." tracking number (which I expected to be on the bottom of the laptop). Just never saw nothing on any of this in the thread.

And finally... So inside each of my honeys, there's a wee Model# - each of them different. If (presumably) these are the consecutive numbers - how were they assigned to the various orders?

Don't get me wrong, I love these honeys and major kudos to Stacy for designing them. I'm just surprised none of these questions have been asked before.

I'll take a stab at a few of those questions from GG...first, the prefix would likely stand for ANthus? The John and Stacy were on the SAMPLES...the real ones don't have names. I'm sure Stacy can help you with the rest.

I'd also assume AN is for Anthus. PC wouldn't be a custom prefex, since that is the generic prefix for personal coins.

Got my 2 little laptop honeys today (black nickel & blue LE) - thanks! But I do have a couple few questions:

Firstly, I've now waded through most every blessed page of this thread (yup all 13 of 'em), and for the life of me, I can find no reference whatsoever to just how many of each of these coins were produced (and will more of any be produced in the future?) Nor nothing of the number of coins minted on the reservation website. Just how many of each, please?

Early on someone suggested that if/when sales hit the magic (1000?) so the coins could have a custom 2-letter prefix code - that "PC" would seem an excellent notion. Yet, I found an Anthus post that we'd reached that sales level, but no mention of what the prefix would be. Now I see... it's "AN". Question is - what's that mean? why AN? Why not PC??? (or leastwise "LT" - LapTop?)

Also, on all the sample pics, the laptops all had "STACY" or "JOHN" in the center, so... naturally I thought my geonic would be on the cover like that. Instead it's the "AN..." tracking number (which I expected to be on the bottom of the laptop). Just never saw nothing on any of this in the thread.

And finally... So inside each of my honeys, there's a wee Model# - each of them different. If (presumably) these are the consecutive numbers - how were they assigned to the various orders?

Don't get me wrong, I love these honeys and major kudos to Stacy for designing them. I'm just surprised none of these questions have been asked before.

Sorry I've been away from the forums for the last two days. I got pulled away on a last minute business trip -- darn my paying job from getting in the way of geocoins again.

As some have already stated PC as a prefix has already been taken and stands for personal geocoin and is the generic prefix given to a coin that doesn't qualify for a custom prefix. So, we decided to go with AN which stands for Anthus. This is the very first time we have minted enough of one coin to qualify for a prefix.

It wasn't stated anywhere that the geocoins would have geonics put on them. The mint is the one that put "Stacy" and "John" in placed of where the actual tracking number would be on the proofs. This is normal practice for they cannot put tracking numbers on the proofs because they are just that - proofs.

The Model number is a sequential number. It was my unique way of trying to stick with the laptop theme while having them sequentially numbered. I have no clue who gets what number for they are on the inside of the coin and that would take way to long to go through all of them to give anyone their speical numbers. So, please don't request a special number.

I do not have a total number on the mint of coins yet. The LEs have been long, long sold out and will not be minted again. Same with the XLEs. There were 30 XLEs made and 170 LEs made. I had some late payment regulars as well as some late order regulars so I need to put one more final order in for the regulars. So, if anyone else wants a regular. Now is your last opportunity. Total mintage of all coins as it stands right now is 1500 coins.

The coins were sold on a pre-order that is why the delay from payment to shipment, along with my very busy schedule at work and the large number of coin orders that need shipped out.

I will be back at home tonight and will be shipping coins again. With any luck, I may have them all shipped out this weekend or early next week.

Thanks again for all the compliments on the laptop coins. <_<:(:)

As everyone has said, they are well worth the wait.

**snip**

I do not have a total number on the mint of coins yet. The LEs have been long, long sold out and will not be minted again. Same with the XLEs. There were 30 XLEs made and 170 LEs made. I had some late payment regulars as well as some late order regulars so I need to put one more final order in for the regulars. So, if anyone else wants a regular. Now is your last opportunity. Total mintage of all coins as it stands right now is 1500 coins.

**snip**

Ok, so, I'm sort of getting it. Now it's easy for you to reply, so you can keep packing up coins <_< A simple yes or no will do for me :(

XLE Gold 30

LE Blue 170?

LE Red 170?

RE Nickel 565?

RE Black Nickel 565?

The obvious 2nd option would be 30 XLE, 85 Blue, 85 Red, 650 BN, and 650 N?

**snip**

**snip**

Ok, so, I'm sort of getting it. Now it's easy for you to reply, so you can keep packing up coins <_< A simple yes or no will do for me :(

XLE Gold 30

LE Blue 170?

LE Red 170?

RE Nickel 565?

RE Black Nickel 565?

The obvious 2nd option would be 30 XLE, 85 Blue, 85 Red, 650 BN, and 650 N?

The first option was closer to being right. It's

XLE Gold 30

LE Blue 170

LE Red 170

As I mentioned before, I don't have final figures yet on the regulars so I cannot quote you a number on those yet but you are probably very close with your assumption. There were more BN than N sold, though. Difference was more in the 50 coin difference range.

Edit: I hit reply before I actually typed in my reply -- boy do I need more sleep!!!!

Edited by Anthus

The whole range of responses today...

:):D - I spy an XLE!

:D -- package is a bit lighter than I thought it would be...

<_<

:o:(:) -- where are my black nickels?

B)

:( -- and my other LE?

:D:)B)

And just let me add... does anyone here know about filing USPS insurance claims? Is it done by the sender (Stacy) or the recipient (me)?

It looks like the PO lost half my shipment and re-taped the envelope with just half of the contents back inside.

:):D

The whole range of responses today...

:):D - I spy an XLE!

:D -- package is a bit lighter than I thought it would be...

<_<

:o:(:) -- where are my black nickels?

B)

:( -- and my other LE?

:D:)B)

And just let me add... does anyone here know about filing USPS insurance claims? Is it done by the sender (Stacy) or the recipient (me)?

It looks like the PO lost half my shipment and re-taped the envelope with just half of the contents back inside.

:):D

At least the PO wasn't smart enough to keep the 1/2 of the shipment that had the XLE in it. That one is a bit harder to replace since only 30 of them were made.

One more thing to note as Scott and I are working through what the post office did to his shipment and how to file the insurance clairm -- I did not request a signature requirement on any of the packages. If you are asked to sign for the package, please make sure you open it up in front of them to make sure that it is all there. They probably won't give you the package until you sign for it, but you can stay at the teller window after you get it and open it up right in front of them -- I've done that in the past.

I've never filed for an insurance claim. So any advice anyone can give on this is greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone had any luck in getting their money from the claim?

Thanks.....Anthus

You know the worst part of this is that I can't take all this out and start playing with it (or trading them) until the whole insurance thing is straightened out. The package has to stay together - as received - until I get some official acceptance of the insurance claim. So, I'll just throw in another :mad: here.

On the plus side, they do look awesome. And if I had the black nickel variety, I'd even take a pic beside their big brothers - my Thinkpads. Ok, I give in.... :D

Thank you for suggesting/requiring insurance, Anthus!

I did not request a signature requirement on any of the packages. If you are asked to sign for the package, please make sure you open it up in front of them to make sure that it is all there.

I had to sign for mine and the package was in perfect shape and everything was inside.

I've never filed for an insurance claim. So any advice anyone can give on this is greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone had any luck in getting their money from the claim?

Thanks.....Anthus

Hope for the best, expect the worst. You need to provide original invoice showing that the item was paid. Don't expect to get your postage back. Hopefully you had a witness that the package was damaged when received. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of your local postal manager. When I went through the process, I ended up screwed. (Even the callback number given to me by the claims center in St Louis was invalid!)

Sorry and I really do hope you teh best of luck.

Thanks.....Anthus

Hope for the best, expect the worst. You need to provide original invoice showing that the item was paid. Don't expect to get your postage back. Hopefully you had a witness that the package was damaged when received. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of your local postal manager. When I went through the process, I ended up screwed. (Even the callback number given to me by the claims center in St Louis was invalid!)

Sorry and I really do hope you teh best of luck.

I'm his witness that it was damaged when received

I'm his witness that it was damaged when received

No, Horsegeeks, you're confused. That was *me* that was damaged when it was received.

Anyway, I've now filed an insurance claim and I expect to hear back next week on the status. It helped to go back to the PO when a supervisor was available, because they just walked me through the whole thing, and I already had the filled out the proper insurance claim form from the USPS website, so it was good to go.

Long story short, for other people who may be watching this thread: 2 lessons. 1) Insurance can be your friend and 2) If you are receiving an insured package through pickup at the P.O., bring along your receipt from the purchase and open the package it in front of the attendant.

Oh, and 3) Just say no to shipping geocoins in those Flat-rate Priority Mail paper envelopes.

Oh, and 3) Just say no to shipping geocoins in those Flat-rate Priority Mail paper envelopes.

Boy do I ever agree with that!!! :)

AAre you talking about the ones that are supposedly tear proof or the cardboard like ones? If I ship with those I put them in the paper one and then into the cardboard one with as much tape as they will let me get away with!

Are the trades being sent out now too?

Boy do I ever agree with that!!! :)

Are you talking about the ones that are supposedly tear proof or the cardboard like ones? If I ship with those I put them in the paper one and then into the cardboard one with as much tape as they will let me get away with!

I was just talking about the paperboard envelopes. They are designed for mailing flat things, like contracts or mortgage papers. Geocoins are all lumpy and often, if you decided that you need to ship with a flat rate envelope to save some $$, it's because there are a lot of coins in there, so then the package is heavy *and* lumpy. These things combine to cause massive failure of these paperboard envelopes in the form of rips and, as I think happened in this case, accidental opening of the glue-strip flap.

Apparently, also, there are varying opinions at different P.O.s about how much tape (if any) you can apply to the outside of these flat rate paperboard envelopes. The way I read this page: http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm -- it says that the flap may be additionally sealed with tape, but some POs still insist that this is not allowed.

The 'tear proof' ones are tyvex or vinyl, but I don't believe that there is a flat-rate priority mail envelope made of tyvex.

My suggestion for packaging (not to turn this thread into a packaging discussion, although by the last 3 paragraphs, I suppose I already have) is to put one bubble-vinyl envelope inside another bubble-vinyl envelope where possible. But be sure to label the inside envelope as well. I often just stick on one of my return address labels. That way if the outer package is damaged and the inner package falls out, that at least I would have some slim chance of getting that inner package back (someday.)

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program...

The laptops are beautiful! My son (BionicleMan) has already picked out his favorite. And now that I'm allowed to play with them, I'm gonna have to figure how to display this one on my monitor at work. :)

[Are the trades being sent out now too?

Yes. Trades have been going out with those that also order. All trades without an order will go out on Sunday.

WOW! WOW! WOW! :)

The pictures didn't do these little beauties justice. I was sooooo happy to see them in the mail today. There is a coin event tomorrow and I am so glad to be able to take them with me.

I honestly can't see how anyone can top this design. Way to go Stacy!

:):):)

We paid on April 28th, but haven't received our shipping notice or our coin yet. Any ETA info?

Mrs. Car54

I also paid on April 28, 2007 but have received no word as to when I might receive my coins. I love the coin but this delay is unacceptable. Money should not be taken that far in advance of the shipping of coins. I will not be buying coins from Anthus in the future!

So just on another topic relating to this coin, what where the final number of these minted? In other words how many where minted?

Please see post #623 for coin minting totals

I also paid on April 28, 2007 but have received no word as to when I might receive my coins. I love the coin but this delay is unacceptable. Money should not be taken that far in advance of the shipping of coins. I will not be buying coins from Anthus in the future!

1. Read the forums; updates posted here constantly so no excuse on the status of the coins

2. This was a preorder as was all my coins I sold for the past 1 1/2 years

3. Over 400 orders to ship out totalling about 1500 coins

4. Complicated coin that did take longer to produce than normal coin

5. Your money has been refunded and your order cancelled

Edited to fix post # since I transposed the numbers

Edited by Anthus

So just on another topic relating to this coin, what where the final number of these minted? In other words how many where minted?

Please see post #632

1. Read the forums; updates posted here constantly so no excuse on the status of the coins

If they had an LE in their order I would like it. Please e-mail me via profile if it is available.

Please see post #632

If they had an LE in their order I would like it. Please e-mail me via profile if it is available.

I would like a LE also, but I guess there's already a long waitinglist for those...

At least you know your coins are coming through very prompt updates in this thread if you ask nicely unlike some other fiasco from your state I'm still waiting on for a year and half still.