Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Anthus

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the coin. :D

And thanks for all your wishes for me to get better. I haven't had the flu this bad in a looong time!

Any clue to what the price will be yet?

I hope to work out the price and metals over the next couple of days.

...Anthus

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the coin. :D

And thanks for all your wishes for me to get better. I haven't had the flu this bad in a looong time!

Any clue to what the price will be yet?

I hope to work out the price and metals over the next couple of days.

...Anthus

Thanks, I'll be watching :)

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better :anicute: Take your time and get well; your health is more important than our wish lists ;)

Lack of response from the OP takes this coin off my want list. Pass.

What continually amazes me about people is that so many of them are so impatient. You didn't respond for a day or so, and yet some folks think that they were being ignored. Geez, it's flu season! People get sick in the winter. I didn't know, but I had a feeling that illness might have been at work. My wife has been fighting something for more than a week, but she still has been working from home. One of the real disadvantages of instant communication is that "no one" (I'm being intentionally broad here, to make a general point) is willing to give things more than ten minutes to resolve. I wish more people, especially the under 25-set, who grew up with cell phones and e-mail, would not be so keyed-up. If they only knew what things were like in the 50s and 60s, when telephones were only connected to walls, no one owned a computer except for government and large businesses and some colleges, and snail mail was the *only* type of mail. For that matter, less than 100 years ago, more than half the country didn't even have telephone service, and many people had to go to town for their mail. ~*sigh*~ Those were the days... :huh:

At the request of many, I am going to be putting together a reservation website for the laptop geocoins in the next couple of days. Invoices will not be going out immediately for I will be waiting until closer to the delivery date before I request payment. This will just be a reservation list for now. Once I begin invoicing, I will start with those on the reservation list and if any are left then will open it up to everyone else.

Mr. Anthus and I are still working out the details like price and metals. So far, definately black nickel and definately nickel. These are the closest colors to real laptops.

Also, please keept in mind that because this is a complicated coin, the proofs contained some errors as was to be expected. I will be getting another set of samples before I place the order. As such, I am not able to give a delivery date at this time other than to say I'm moving them along as fast as I can. :)

Again, thanks so much for all the interest in this new coin. I am totally blown away by everyone's kind comments and the large number of posts, PMs and email I am continuing to receive. This is what makes designing geocoins so much fun -- hearing everyone's reactions when they like them. :D

....Stacy

P.S. Starting to finally feel better. Just need to get rid of this annoying cough now. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and emails that I've missed over the last few days. Please be patient if I haven't responded to you yet.

Great Coin, I do all my work on my Laptop- Its all I got!

Hope your feeling better of that nasty cold :ph34r:

When You decide when your gonna have these made, make sure and tell them to make an Extra set and 1/2 for BigD. - I know there gonna all be spoken for otherwise! :ph34r: ...Will check the new sight too.