Deactivating a coin? Help needed

Butterfly_lady

Can anyone tell me how to deactivate a geocoin (NOT mark it missing).

Bad light etc meant I activated a coin with an "F" when it should have been an "E". (bulk activation codes)

I asked GC.com for advise... but got no reply.

Basically, I should get rid of all it's history - about 3 caches, someone may have the coin with that tracking #, but has not contacted me....

I have grabbed the coin back, so I can eventually set it on it's way again with the correct #.

:rolleyes::unsure::P

That was one of my 'curiosities' about bulk activation codes... Id be really worried about this happening.

Im guessing they would 'deactivate' it for the owner - the REALLY crappy part about 'adopting' is that the coin origin cannot be changed.

That is the reactivate part. You can change the origin.

That was one of my 'curiosities' about bulk activation codes... Id be really worried about this happening.

Im guessing they would 'deactivate' it for the owner - the REALLY crappy part about 'adopting' is that the coin origin cannot be changed.

How do you reactivate a coin?

I've activated one without its origins. How can I go back and reset that step in the activation process?

The only possible sore spot in the mess is that the owner of the now activated coin may not have wanted it activated at all.........If they resell it later as "unactivated," they might get a unpleasant surprise when the buyer finds out it is activated.

I really wish there were an "unactivate" option.

How do you reactivate a coin?

I've activated one without its origins. How can I go back and reset that step in the activation process?

If you have your activation code, just go through 'activate a coin' again and it will say it's already activated, but you can edit the origin and release date, I think, as well as the name and such.