Pathtags, who's collecting them?

Fish Eagle

Hopefully there will be some to collect in South Africa, this game has once again emphasized our isolated geography to me - "everything" in geocaching has to imported. Geocoins, Parthtags GPS'r, etc. etc...

Our first Pathtag design is ready to be send to the Pathtag minters.

On the bright side, we don't have thousands of lame caches in a small area - all the caches we encountered were well thought and placed - with security being an issue that is very important to me!

Hope to collect a Parthtag of yours soon.

LeonW B)

Hallo BahS

Well as I am new to this game I don't think these would be the only reasons to purchase and collect the Parthtags:

a) It would be "cool" to trade a Parthtag with a fellow cacher when you meet such at a event, meeting somebody and taking home a momento of an otherwise name only on the forums would be nice.

:) As the Parthtags are far cheaper than Geocoins I would part with such easier by dropping them into caches that I found, for the next cacher to retrieve up and keep. Wouldn't it be nice to find something by pure chance. The Geocoin hawks and thieves would be stumped because you don't log the placement of Parhtags - they have no way of finding this by tracking the placements. Obviously only possible if you don't announce it.

c) A Parthtag would cost about ZAR10 - my working estimate, no other Geocoins comes close - so I could leave it as a Signature item or a swag item.

d) If you connect the Parthtag with a Travelbug - dogtag -, you could use it as a cheaper traveller instead of the Geocoins that "will" go missing in Action (MIA)

d) The daughters could have their own PTags - still much cheaper than any other swag items I could purchase - that I would like to find in a cache.

It is my opinion that Parthtags will put a warm glow in my heart when I drop them or find it. A geocoin is to precious for me to part with, remember that at present you could not even buy some coins for money - they get sold out before they are even released.

Let us know what is your opinion!

LeonW

:unsure: