New Tons of silly questions

catherinexo

Hi I have boughtGarmin GPS 60 I have looked up caches how do I download into gps

should I download waypoint file or gps exchange file and what program should I use to open it??

Thanks in advance I would apprreciate anyone who would mentor me I wanted to start doing something with the family and get them out away from the tv and computer any help would be great

Great - Welcome aboard.

Get your .GPX file via a Pocket Query (sounds like you know about that)

Get Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) or EasyGPS and open the .GPX file.

Use the functions in the above programs to tranfer the waypoints to the GPS - be sure you install the Garmin USB drivers before anything else. Set the program for your GPS (Garmin) and just hit send.

I strongly recommend GSAK.

:rolleyes: Hi Im still confused I have a paid membership to geocaching and I was trying to download right from

cache coordinates. As far as the drivers for gps 60 were they included in cd?

The drivers are on the website and also on the CD. Goto the "my account" page and take a look at pocket Queries - that is the easy way to download cache coords.

:unsure: Hi Im still confused I have a paid membership to geocaching and I was trying to download right from

cache coordinates. As far as the drivers for gps 60 were they included in cd?

The drivers are on the website and also on the CD. Goto the "my account" page and take a look at pocket Queries - that is the easy way to download cache coords.

Thanks everyone Im sure Ill be back a million times would gladly take any tips anyone can offer Im adding cache to GSAK hopefully it will work and will be heading for our first cache at Branford Suppy pond if weather holds up in CT wish me luck :rolleyes:

Also, take a few minutes to learn how to capture a waypoint in the GPSr and then modify it to contain the coordinates of where you want to go. In other words, to build a waypoint from scratch.

Downloading them is less error-prone and quicker, but there will be times when you want to be familiar with the functions of your unit.