Purple Oregon saga coin?

Team Twitch

I saw one on that auction place, i would like to find out more about it before I try to buy it, does any one have information on it? I'm new to this but i think I would like to start getting oregon coins, how many are there and where can I find them?

You sure it wasn't Pink? I happen to own both a Green (standard issue) and a Pink (geolite69 edition)...have not heard anything about Purple. Gonna have to check with those guys down in Salem.

As Jaybee mentions, the pink SAGA coin was created as a continuation of a running joke in Salem to gently rib geolite69. nmartin knows more about this than I do. All of these coins (10 of them?) are numbered 069 in his honor. The standard green SAGA coins are numbered sequentially.

To return to the OP's comments about Oregon coins, there were yearly issues of the Oregon coin in 2003 and 2004 (that I know of) as well as a handful of local area coins. The Portland folks have a 2005 and a 2006 coin of which I am aware, the Eugene-area cachers put out an Emerald Valley Cachers coin in three metals at the end of 2005, and the SAGA folks of Salem put out their coin last year. There are also several cachers in the state who have personal coins - I've seen Go Jaybee's, Go-Mad-Cow, Jayel57, Arlsdaddy, nmartin (two varieties), Night_Hawk (many varieties), and pdxmarathonman that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not familiar with other Oregon coins from outside of the Willamette Valley area.

I also noticed that you were a fairly new Salem cacher. Welcome to the hobby! The website for the Salem group is www.oregonsaga.com

-SK

Edited by chamois-shimi & special K

As per the geocoin forum guidelines:

This forum may be used for selling, trading or giving away of geocoins which are trackable on Geocaching.com. This includes any trackable coin produced by an individual, business or geocaching organization. Non-trackable coins may be posted for trade by individual coin owners. The proceeds from a permitted coin sale can be used for any purpose, such as personal profit, support of a geocaching organization, or to benefit a charitable cause.

You may post in the trading thread if you wish to ask someone to trade for it. The discussion about a sale of the coin is closed.