moving cache Wanted

We bought a camper so we can geocache more often. Now we are looking for a moving cache for adoption. The current rules doesn't allow new moving caches.

I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

It's great that you bought a camper and will do more caching, but why do you need to own a moving cache because of it?

The only thing I can think of is maybe you want the cache on your camper? Even if you could adopt an existing moving cache (and I don't know that you can), if this is your intention it sounds like you would be completely changing the old existing moving cache into a totally new and different moving cache. I seriously doubt that would be allowed.

Sounds like the best thing to do is set up a travel bug, like this one.

I've been playing for 5 years now, and never seen one. I'm still waiting. :D

I have one on my watchlist that's up in Oregon, but it is appearing to want to stay in Oregon. Wish it would move south. There was another one that showed up near us, but we were too late to get it as it got swooped up quite quickly.

I've logged, maybe, three in the past 5 years. My guess would be that TPTB would NOT allow one to be adopted.
This part of your post is correct. I also can't imagine that any of the owners of their caches would give them up. They are rare and those of us that have them and keep them going are protective of our caches. Considering that we want to keep our caches as they are, I would not imagine that anyone would just give the cache up to become someone's camper, or basically a personal cache. Frankly, ideas like this are one of the reasons they were banned.

They would like them all to die natural deaths ASAP.
As the owner of what is believed to be the first moving cache, I can attest that this is not the case. As one who has worked with TPTB regarding helping owners of moving caches, I can attest that this is not the case.

By the way, let me edit and add this... if you do this, basically you are changing this original cache. It would need to conform to the current guidelines. If a cache was adopted to you and you changed it in this manner, it would probably be archived anyway.

Edited by mtn-man