Garmin Rino's 110/120

FYI, i called to check on my order and they said that they don't carry this unit anymore. :( They said it shouldn't have been on the website. My guess is that they priced it too low and now don't want to honor the price. Just know that if you got an order in, that they probably won't follow through with a unit. B)B)

Edited by chileheadcraig

Sounds like false advertising. Has anyone filed a complaint with the state or the Better Business Bureau? Sounds like the kind of thing that might make them think about honoring their commitments. They were turning this listing on and off because I checked both of these items on the 14th and they said sold out and then on 3/16 they had the listing turned back on. I hope they just weren't collecting credit card info or trying to build a mailing list to sell.

Edited by big rick

I did some checking with the Better Business Bureau. Apparently they haven't had any complaints in the past 36 months. I will let the know that at least 5 customers odered these Rino's and we are not happy with how it was handled. They were in and out of stock for 5 days....each day different. I don't know what they can do to remedy it, since now their site doesn't even bring it up except through the link posted here. However, I can certainly let them know that "we" are not happy with them or their customer service.

I did some checking with the Better Business Bureau. Apparently they haven't had any complaints in the past 36 months. I will let the know that at least 5 customers odered these Rino's and we are not happy with how it was handled. They were in and out of stock for 5 days....each day different. I don't know what they can do to remedy it, since now their site doesn't even bring it up except through the link posted here. However, I can certainly let them know that "we" are not happy with them or their customer service.

:anitongue: As of yesterday they do have a recent complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also as of this morning the hold on the funds was still on my credit card. I am glad I didn't try to charge something big with them. They also told me around 1:00 yesterday that they would have a manager call me back and so far Consumers Marine has not lived up to anything they have said. :anibad:

Edited by big rick

Not really a garage sale issue anymore, but for those that were interested...my Rino's were shipped today...for the price that they had advertised.... pays to follow through and be persistant I guess.... I guess the business had been sold and they recently cleaned house of a couple of employees. When they were going through offices, they found correspondence between the better business bureau and several other people. Maybe others will get theirs as well!!!

This is the reply to my inquiry:

"info@consumersmarine.com" <info@consumersmarine.com>

8:21 am (4 hours ago)

to quigleyjones (at)gmail . com

date May 31, 2007 8:21 AM

subject Forward: Re: (no subject) (qu444679)

mailed-by consumersmarine.com

We have discontinued the Rhino style Garmin units. I can check into special ordering these units if you wish. They would probably take about two weeks for delivery.

Sincerely,

Todd O.

Consumers Marine Electronics

1-800-332-2628

Visit us at consumersmarine.com

So to those here that ordered some units and had it cancled on them.

I'd recomend sending them an email asking to be included in my "potential" special order.