Hoe do I down load info

Project74/76

I have an magellan explorist 210 and I have downloaded waypoint for geocaches onto my computer. I cannot get or tranfer the info to the GPS unit. Can anybody help me with this problem. Is there things u have done that I missing out. I'm mistified.

Did you just call me a hoe? lol.

Anyways, I have a 210 and there are a couple of ways to do this. One, you can use the geocache manager that came with your GPS. I used this at first, but quit using it when I found GSAK. Obviously I recommend GSAK for this purpose. It's free software if you don't mind a nag screen after 30 days.

Basically, I grab a pocket query from the website and open it in GSAK. Once the records are in GSAK, there is an option under I believe File --> Export that places the caches onto your GPS. Make sure that you use the explorist geocaches option as file type.

If you have any questions, shoot. I'm in class right now and not at my caching computer so I can't really give any more specific instructions until I'm in front of the right computer.

>Did you just call me a hoe?

Yes he did. Anywhoo, a hoe is someone who gardens too much.

I use GSAK (shareware with nag screen, otherwise full functionality) to move LOC files into my 76CSX. LOC files are free for everyone but can hold only one geocache at a time. You can go to each cache screen and click on "Download LOC file" to get the file. I name my files with the GC code on them. And the GC code appears on my GPS screen.

Downloading GPX files requires a premium subscription. But that's another way to go.

Of course you must have a cable that goes between your GPS and your computer also. And you must have a driver installed to use the cable.

Edited by chuckr30

>Did you just call me a hoe?

Yes he did. Anywhoo, a hoe is someone who gardens too much.

I use GSAK (shareware with nag screen, otherwise full functionality) to move LOC files into my 76CSX. LOC files are free for everyone but can hold only one geocache at a time. You can go to each cache screen and click on "Download LOC file" to get the file. I name my files with the GC code on them. And the GC code appears on my GPS screen.

Downloading GPX files requires a premium subscription. But that's another way to go.

Of course you must have a cable that goes between your GPS and your computer also. And you must have a driver installed to use the cable.

The smart comment is appreciated but on the west coast a hoe isn't a gardening tool.

Does a premium subcription allow you to download maps etc. is it that much better. Are GPX files better files to have in your GPS? Thanks for responding.

I have an magellan explorist 210 and I have downloaded waypoint for geocaches onto my computer. I cannot get or tranfer the info to the GPS unit. Can anybody help me with this problem. Is there things u have done that I missing out. I'm mistified.

Did you just call me a hoe? lol.

Anyways, I have a 210 and there are a couple of ways to do this. One, you can use the geocache manager that came with your GPS. I used this at first, but quit using it when I found GSAK. Obviously I recommend GSAK for this purpose. It's free software if you don't mind a nag screen after 30 days.

Basically, I grab a pocket query from the website and open it in GSAK. Once the records are in GSAK, there is an option under I believe File --> Export that places the caches onto your GPS. Make sure that you use the explorist geocaches option as file type.

If you have any questions, shoot. I'm in class right now and not at my caching computer so I can't really give any more specific instructions until I'm in front of the right computer.

Is GSAK easy to use. Does it have any other good features. Thanks.