How can I volunteer as a reviewer?

sgtmagic

Go read the FAQ in the Getting Started section. Learn this information and you will know both how to answer the questions reviewers are going to get, and also get your own question answered.

I had read the FAQ and understand them, My question is how do you volunteer?

That is not in the FAQ

Thanks,

Sgt. Magic

[8]

Go read the FAQ in the Getting Started section. Learn this information and you will know both how to answer the questions reviewers are going to get, and also get your own question answered.

That is not in the FAQ

Thanks,

Sgt. Magic

[8]

Did you actually read it? Here it is:

How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

The answer is - you don't volunteer. It's by invitation.

That is not in the FAQ

Thanks,

Sgt. Magic

[8]

Did you actually read it? Here it is:

How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a cache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

The answer is - you don't volunteer. It's by invitation.

And you got that information from http://www.geocaching.com/faq/ ??? I REALLY MUST HAVE MIST THAT AREA!!

That is not in the FAQ

Thanks,

Sgt. Magic

[8]

It was a trick answer because if you have to ask, you are not ready. Plus if you respond in anger or annoyance to a post like mine or the others that were sure to follow, you are not qualified.

While you may not have liked my answer it was accurate and the kind of advice that if you followed it would do you good in your efforts. It also helped me make sure that I'm not asked to be a reviewer. <_<

Edited by Renegade Knight
And you got that information from http://www.geocaching.com/faq/ ??? I REALLY MUST HAVE MIST THAT AREA!!

No, actually you didn't read the very first answer carefully. Here, let me repeat it for you and add a little highlight:

That would be the Getting Started section of the forums, specifically this post.

<_<

No, actually you didn't read the very first answer carefully. Here, let me repeat it for you and add a little highlight:

That would be the Getting Started section of the forums, specifically this post.

<_<

When I read to go read the FAQ in the Getting Started section, I was going to the FAQ of

Geocaching.com, Sorry but I am new to this forum. Lil Devil thanks for showing me the

right location of the FAQ. Renegade Knight I did not respond in anger or annoyance,

just was being sarcastic as I could not find what was quoted about volunteering.

This happens in many forums where one person thinks the person replying to a post is

responding in anger or annoyance, I do apologize if you found my reply in anger or

annoyance, Maybe I should had stated it with a smile :unsure:) or an LOL, finding it funny here re-read

geocaching.com’s FAQ over and over and saying to myself what are they seeing and

where is it,lol.

I enjoy Geocaching and I am willing to help. Thanks

??? I REALLY MUST HAVE MIST THAT AREA!!

I've always been fond of proper spelling and grammer use.

The best advice is get involved in your local caching clubs, have fun caching and do your best to improve caching in your area. Then when you least expect it the nice young men in their clean white coats show up and they take you away.

When I read to go read the FAQ in the Getting Started section, I was going to the FAQ of

Geocaching.com, Sorry but I am new to this forum. Lil Devil thanks for showing me the

right location of the FAQ. Renegade Knight I did not respond in anger or annoyance,

just was being sarcastic as I could not find what was quoted about volunteering.

This happens in many forums where one person thinks the person replying to a post is

responding in anger or annoyance, I do apologize if you found my reply in anger or

annoyance, Maybe I should had stated it with a smile <_<) or an LOL, finding it funny here re-read

geocaching.com’s FAQ over and over and saying to myself what are they seeing and

where is it,lol.

I enjoy Geocaching and I am willing to help. Thanks

It is good and admirable that you said you were sorry and that you were new to this forum. But you should realize in the future that if you respond with multiple question marks following your statement or say something in all caps that people will take that as anger and annoyance. Caps represent shouting and most people do not shout unless they are angry or annoyed.

You might have been better off reply to RK by saying, "I cannot find that section. Could you point it out to me or provide a link." I think that you would have gotten much different responses if you had approached it that way. Just my $.02.

Can someone let me know what do you need to do or where can I sign up to be a reviewer?

:laughing:

Thanks,

Sgt. Magic

[8]

Does anyone know what amount of experience is needed to "volunteer" to be a reviewer?

I figure you'd have to have at least 4 months, maybe more? :laughing:

Does anyone know what amount of experience is needed to "volunteer" to be a reviewer?

I figure you'd have to have at least 4 months, maybe more?

The FAQ spells this out pretty well.

Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

I don't think there is an absolute minimum amount of time. It's more a matter of doing positive stuff for the sport, and getting noticed by the other reviewers and/or Groundspeak.

The best advice is get involved in your local caching clubs, have fun caching and do your best to improve caching in your area. Then when you least expect it the nice young men in their clean white coats show up and they take you away.

Ahhh, Keystone. :laughing:

I would be a dangerous reviewer. They would never ask me to be a volunteer.....

By an airport? Sure, that would be cool. What else you gonna do on a lay-over?

Too close to another cache? Well, hell. If it's that popular of an area, we need more stinkin caches there!

Too close to railroad tracks? If you are stupid enough to play chicken with a train, you deserve to get flattened by one. Go for it!

So, your cache has wires with a detinator on it....is it an Altoids tin? Ok, then, you are good.

So, if I can't follow those rules, a big N O to reviewing. It's gotta suck.

Why do you want to be a reviewer anyway?

Haha... I just LOVE it when someone complains about someone else's spelling and manages a spelling error of their own in the process. :anicute: Open mouth, insert foot firmly, etc.

I would be a dangerous reviewer. They would never ask me to be a volunteer.....

By an airport? Sure, that would be cool. What else you gonna do on a lay-over?

Too close to another cache? Well, hell. If it's that popular of an area, we need more stinkin caches there!

Too close to railroad tracks? If you are stupid enough to play chicken with a train, you deserve to get flattened by one. Go for it!

So, your cache has wires with a detinator on it....is it an Altoids tin? Ok, then, you are good.

So, if I can't follow those rules, a big N O to reviewing. It's gotta suck.

Why do you want to be a reviewer anyway?

amen...I'm with you... B)

the only reason I would want to be a reviewer is to get the answer to those annoying puzzles caches :( ...in my area there is WAY too many...otherwise...no other reason...too busy

Oh my god your all retarted you people who are giving advise and being cocky with your replys need to get a life! If you have over 100 replys on the forum pages you need to get off the computer and get back to reality yourself. Get out there and Go geocaching and quit spending all your time replying to to forum posts! :anibad:

I can't recall the last time I saw a flame that was quite as pathetic as the prior post. If you are going to insult people by calling them "retarded," you ought to at least spell the word correctly.

As the original question has long since been answered, I'm closing this thread.