How to delete a Jeep from my list?

Bashaw

I have a Jeep TB where I'm listed as the owner. I activated it then gave it to a cacher I didn't know well and lost track of. I've tried to find him, but he seems to be off everyone's radar. He never logged the Jeep so I'm still listed as the owner. Is there a way for me to list it as missing? Or delete my name from ownership?

I've been having system problems but I don't show that you own a jeep. (Or ever found a cache)

If you mean that you are currenting holding a jeep that someone should have pulled away from you, I can help once my access is restored.

I'm using a blind username (sock puppet if you prefer) for safety reasons. I was sent the jeep when the program was new, I activated it, then handed it (physically) to another cacher. He never logged it, so it still shows up in my profile. If you need to contact me, send an email and I'll give you my real username.

OK, (I am having system problems. Really weird ones too)

In short you need to drop it into your cache to get the option to move it to an unknown location. If you don't own a cache or need instructions on how to move it lemme know. I can provide either.

Edit"

Drop it into your cache and under Trackable Item Options you'll see the Mark Item Missing option. Or you can access my profile and post a note to drop it in one of mine. I can complete the action, plus I won't get any credit/stat for the bug.

You can then delete the cache drop log so it doesn't get any false mileage.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I too have a coin that has been stolen. I know who had it last and he hasn't responded to any email I have sent him. I ended up "grabbing" the coin to fix some mileage issues, so it shows up in my inventory. Can I drop it in any cache and mark it missing and then delete the drop? What happens to the coin's online ID then? Does it show up anywhere on GC?

I really don't need it cluttering up my inventory since it is long gone.

I too have a coin that has been stolen. I know who had it last and he hasn't responded to any email I have sent him. I ended up "grabbing" the coin to fix some mileage issues, so it shows up in my inventory. Can I drop it in any cache and mark it missing and then delete the drop? What happens to the coin's online ID then? Does it show up anywhere on GC?

It requires either the coin/bug owner or cache owner. You can't drop it into someone else's cache to get the option.

If you own it you can access the traveler page and under Trackable Item Owner Options where it says Recalculate Distance is the option to mark as missing. If you don't own it drop it into your cache to get the option. Or let me know if you need assistance.

Edited by BlueDeuce

It requires either the coin/bug owner or cache owner. You can't drop it into someone else's cache to get the option.

If you own it you can access the traveler page and under Trackable Item Owner Options where it says Recalculate Distance is the option to mark as missing. If you don't own it drop it into your cache to get the option. Or let me know if you need assistance.

I am the coin owner, but I don't have a cache. Although I see what you are saying, I can just mark it as missing.

What does "Move to last location" do?

And if I mark it as missing, where will it show up?

I am the coin owner, but I don't have a cache. Although I see what you are saying, I can just mark it as missing.

What does "Move to last location" do?

And if I mark it as missing, where will it show up?

Move to last location doesn't work, as far as I've been able to tell.

Moving it to unknown will make it just show in your ownership inventory (not the 'drop' inventory). This is handy if you carry around coins for people to Discover.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Just mark it missing, You don't have to put it in a cache. If you are having problems, let me know, I'll do it.

When it's marked missing it will show up as being in an "Unknown Location"

The TB page never goes away. If the bug is found, it only has to be logged to be put back in action.

I've been having system problems but I don't show that you own a jeep. (Or ever found a cache)

If you mean that you are currenting holding a jeep that someone should have pulled away from you, I can help once my access is restored.

I'm using a blind username (sock puppet if you prefer) for safety reasons. I was sent the jeep when the program was new, I activated it, then handed it (physically) to another cacher. He never logged it, so it still shows up in my profile. If you need to contact me, send an email and I'll give you my real username.

By the way, you do know that sock puppets are not allowed on geocaching..com?

from the forum guidelines:

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

[by the way, you do know that sock puppets are not allowed on geocaching..com?

from the forum guidelines:

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

Wow, that's really harsh! I'm using a sock puppet because a local cacher took exception to one of my posts and threatened me! In person, and this guy is really BIG! But if I'm risking not being able to use GC.COM I guess I'll have to give up ever posting on the forums again. That's sad, but my safety is more important than the forums. Seems like the "gc powers that be" sometimes fail to see legit reasons for things.

If a geocacher is threatening you through the gc.com email system, forward the emails to contact@groundsepak.com

That is not allowed either!

If they are threatening you in person, by phone, or snail mail, or other email server, they can't do anything for you, but if it's through PM on the forums, or contacting you through your profile, please let them know about it.

If a geocacher is threatening you through the gc.com email system, forward the emails to contact@groundsepak.com

That is not allowed either!

If they are threatening you in person, by phone, or snail mail, or other email server, they can't do anything for you, but if it's through PM on the forums, or contacting you through your profile, please let them know about it.

No, it wasn't in the forums. This is a local cacher who knew my username and has met me on several occasions. He didn't like an opinion of mine and at the next local event he just got in my face and said "I know where you work". Scared the hell out of me!! I let him know that a very good friend of mine is a local LEO, and there's a LEO who lives 2 doors down. I think it was an empty threat, but I'm more careful of what I post with my real username!

However, as I said if a sock puppet may get me in trouble with gc.com, I'll stop using it!