Scouting Coin

AtwellFamily

I have to many ideas and things on the go to do all these myself. So on this project I asked Coins and Pins for help and they jumped right in. They indicated they always wanted to do a scounting coin and this was a great design to go with.

The design was mine based loosely on my Eagle Scout badge.

scouting-brz-240.gifscouting-nic-240.gif

You can buy the coins in gold, silver, antique bronze and black nickel from Coins and Pins, they are a stock item.

I also want to thank MREAGLEWO1 for starting a scouting thread in which I posted my original artwork. :blink:

Go support scount by buying one of these coins. $1.00 from each coin will go to a scouting organization in the local area of Coins and Pins.

Thanks guys! :)

<content removed by moderator>

I will be selling some antique silver coins (XLE only 90 made) on my website once I have them in hand.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Use of Organizational Identity and Program Symbols

I really like the coin concept, so I don't want to be seen as a killjoy here. Did BSA grant permission for trademarked images and copyrighted terms such as "Be Prepared", the Scout Law, and the various symbols on the coin? This was the first thing to come to mind when I saw the design.

There are no BSA trademark symbols on the coin that I can see, nor does the coin use the 3 most recognizeable letters BSA. Not sure about "Be Prepared", and the the 12 points of the Scout Law are words.

Corrected link...sorry about that.

"Be Prepared" is a trademark term

COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK PROTECTION

The trademarks and logos of the Boy Scouts of America are protected by a 1916 act of Congress (36 U.S.C. 27) as well as by a variety of registrations with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The 1916 act specifically gives the Boy Scouts of America the sole and exclusive right to use its "emblems, badges, descriptive and designating marks" in connection with carrying out its purposes.

These and all art or logotypes obtained from the National Council, Boy Scouts of America, are the exclusive property of the Boy Scouts of America and must be used and displayed as shown in this manual or official artwork unless otherwise stated in writing from an authorized officer of the Boy Scouts of America. In other words, they must appear with any ownership symbols exactly as received, and no additional symbols are to appear in connection with them.

If the manual or official artwork indicates that the artwork or logotype is the subject of a U.S. Trademark Registration Certificate, then it should appear with the ® symbol. It is customary that the ® symbol is used once in the headline of an advertisement (if it is used in an ad or a poster) and then the first time it is used in the text.

The ® symbol is placed on the upper right-hand shoulder of the last letter of the trademark (if it is a word mark) or on the upper right-hand shoulder of the symbol (if it is a design mark) and in a size that is approximately one-third the size of the largest letter or element in the trademark (but never so small that it can't be read).

It is also desirable, but not as critical, to place a statement at the bottom of any advertisement or poster that clearly identifies trademarks or design marks of the Boy Scouts of America. This might read as follows:

"BE PREPARED is a registered trademark of the Boy Scouts of America."

My concern is that everything is legit with usage, to protect the cacher producing the coin, and ultimately not giving a black eye to scouting by disregarded federal protection of any symbols and/or phrases.

Edited by Brian - Team A.I.

I,ve been a Boy Scout for over 30 years and I'm sure that if the local unit that will benifit from the sale were to submiot a fundraiseng application to their local council all copyright and trademark issues would be moot once it is approved. And I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be.

YiS

It appears to not be on the coinsandpins site anymore -- any ideas when this coin is going to be available again? Next month, my father is being honored for his many years of involvement in our Boy Scout troop, and I was really hoping to get him a scouting-related geocoin to present to him. I guess I really should have jumped on this coin when I saw it on their site a little bit ago.

Short of it being available to purchase from the coinsandpins website, does anyone have an extra that they'd be willing to sell me?

It appears to not be on the coinsandpins site anymore -- any ideas when this coin is going to be available again? Next month, my father is being honored for his many years of involvement in our Boy Scout troop, and I was really hoping to get him a scouting-related geocoin to present to him. I guess I really should have jumped on this coin when I saw it on their site a little bit ago.

Short of it being available to purchase from the coinsandpins website, does anyone have an extra that they'd be willing to sell me?

pm sent

email sent! in time? i hope!

:)

I have had email issues but when I can will invoice those who have ordered. If I run out of coins I'll let you know by email.

Everything working well again. Invoices sent and all paid orders will ship monday.

I have sold all my Antique Silver that I wanted to.

Thank you.

Mike