Michigan Cachers Hello!

leswon

Well as if the name doesn't say it already! Another Michigander reporting in. We're just about as far south as you can get in Michigan and dead center as well. Coldwater, MI reporting in. And we've been unofficially made honorary Indiana cachers over the years, since we do SO MUCH caching in Indiana. :laughing:

Some would argue that statement. :laughing:

Those proud Indianins! Maybe you should get somebody to make that official! I also am about as far south as you can get in Michigan (5 miles from the border of ohio) thats where Temperance is.

P.S. By the way oh ye Indianins, I am coming to visit Wednesday and Thursday! Did you all know that there are only 2 traditional caches and 2 earthcaches in Clifty Falls State Park? hint hint hint :)

Well as if the name doesn't say it already! Another Michigander reporting in. We're just about as far south as you can get in Michigan and dead center as well. Coldwater, MI reporting in. And we've been unofficially made honorary Indiana cachers over the years, since we do SO MUCH caching in Indiana. :P

Some would argue that statement. ;)

I've got the golden ammo can to prove it....and she really has little room to talk....look at every log for the past couple months...she's been out caching with.....what's that?.....what's that you say?.......OH THAT'S RIGHT!! US!!! MICHIGAN CACHERS!! :)

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

Well as if the name doesn't say it already! Another Michigander reporting in. We're just about as far south as you can get in Michigan and dead center as well. Coldwater, MI reporting in. And we've been unofficially made honorary Indiana cachers over the years, since we do SO MUCH caching in Indiana. :(

Some would argue that statement. :unsure:

I've got the golden ammo can to prove it....and she really has little room to talk....look at every log for the past couple months...she's been out caching with.....what's that?.....what's that you say?.......OH THAT'S RIGHT!! US!!! MICHIGAN CACHERS!! :anicute:

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

I like caching with people that are easy to pick on.

And for the record...that's a GOLD PLATED can, not solid gold....only residents get those...lol. :anicute:

*found on MiGO forums*

"Well Saturday Ali KAt hit 500 on a caching two state trip. She has really been pushing us to so that she could get the 500 hundred milestone. She always wakes us up at 7 am on the weekends wanting to go caching and pushes us to dark and if we stop to long she throws a fit and to make things worse she makes us drive her all over and she takes naps on the way to caches when we cant. Now she is already starting on her next goal of 1000 by the time she turns two. "

Wulf

Michigan cacher here, in Holland MI. Lot's of them in my neck of the mitten. Come on up and cacher.

I will be visiting South Haven this weekend and hope to grab a couple in your neck of the woods if I have time. I hear there is a giant film canister and giant ammo can that are waiting for me!

Michigan cacher here, in Holland MI. Lot's of them in my neck of the mitten. Come on up and cacher.

I will be visiting South Haven this weekend and hope to grab a couple in your neck of the woods if I have time. I hear there is a giant film canister and giant ammo can that are waiting for me!

Here they are...

BIG BOY

Just Another Film Canister

We really enjoyed our visit to both earlier this spring.

Bikehead here from Allegan(where the heck is Allegan), Michigan. Born and raised in Jenison, Jaoined the Navy, and came back home. Sorry folks The Navy Rules... You Other Branches just have to suffer. With second Best. :ph34r:

Only at 70, But I am slowly workin' my way up. I am a true Cali' Cacher though. Gotta Love it! I see true potential for some fantastic Hides in Michigan though.

Hello from Frankenmuth! We are new to this (just been geocaching for about a month now) and having a great time! We have cached in Michigan, and the Pittsburgh are and Philly so far! We'd like to invite you all to come and cache in Frankenmuth...we have some new caches, one of them a really great 7 stage one. Come and enjoy a chicken dinner and then walk it off caching :)

Frankenmuth Angels

Greetings from Louisiana,

We will be visiting southwest Michigan in early Nov. (St. Joseph) Is there a list of favorite caches in this area? Any events planned for that time?

Thanks, SelgoJA

Welcome to MI SelgoJA. Hope you have a nice trip. You might want to direct your question here. http://www.migoonline.org/ I haven't been to the SW area in a while, but someone should be able to give you some feedback. You'll have to set up an account to access the forums.

I am a Michigander at heart, born and raised but transplanted to DelaWHERE. My favorite cache spots were actually in Baldwin (furthest north I cached), and of course Al Sabo in Kalamazoo.

I sure do miss the Michigan scenery, but now I live in a state where I can drive 2 hours in nearly every direction and get a cache in another state...and yet I have yet to cache in PA, NJ, VA...I need to get going!

Hello Michigan cachers,

We're holding a geo.meetup this weekend (Oct 11 - 12, 2008) in Dearborn for those interested in the intersection of Geocaching and OpenStreetMap. Come and join in the friendly "Show and Share" atmosphere. Details on meetup.com

See you there!

Geocaching

Geocaching is both a sport and a game. The idea is that people who like this game has hidden caches all over the world and all it takes to find them is the coordinates, a couple of clues and a GPS unit. Once found caches are often like a small treasure. The finder can take something from the treasure as long as they leave something for others to find.

Mapping

This group is also for people who are into or would like to know more about mapping for OpenStreetMap. This is another thing to do with your GPS unit.

OpenStreetMap is a project aimed at creating and providing free open source map of the world as an alternative to maps from TeleAtlas and Navteq that Google and others use. More than 70,000 people across the world are contributing to OpenStreetMap.

We contribute to OpenStreetMap by taking a handheld GPS device out walking either in an urban area or in a park. We record street names and other features, upload this data to a computer and make it into new roads and paths on the map.