Michigan Cachers Hello!

leswon

There is a OHIO cachers Hola, an Indiana Cachers Hello, so I thought Michigan needed one too. :rolleyes: There are other geocachers in Michigan, right? So hello everybody! And to get conversation started where is your favorite place in Michigan to cache? (besides where you live of course)

Hi Leswon;

Hello from beautiful west Michigan! I grew up in Michigan, have seen about 30 other states, five other countries on four continents, the capitals of two other countries, and have been inside the Imperial Palace of Japan. However, Michigan is still my favorite place in the world.

My favorite place to cache. In February, some friends and I went camping and caching in the Lake Ann/Traverse City area. THAT was probably my favorite place to cache so far! Knee deep snow, nobody else around, and hot coffee really made it fun!

Welcome to the forums, and greetings from a souther neighbor! I was born and raised in SW Michigan, and actually started caching there. While my local area wasn't very "cache filled" I still had a lot of fun with what I had. Then we took a trip to the U.P. two summers ago. Caching up there is absolutely amazing! Everywhere you go to get a cache has a beautiful view, and worth every bit of your time.

five other countries on four continents, the capitals of two other countries, and have been inside the Imperial Palace of Japan.

Wow you have traveled. <_<

I live in southeast Michigan but my own favorite caching place so far is the Clare area. I am sure that will change though when I go caching in the U.P.

Being located in South Detroit (aka Windsor) I do alot of my caching in Michigan. We're members of MiGO and attend quite a few of the events in Michigan. Numbers wise, Michigan is our #2 most cached place.

Oh and pay no attention to that silly little dog. He's still upset about that thing with the State trooper and the 2 packages of hot dogs.

Wulf

Oh and pay no attention to that silly little dog. He's still upset about that thing with the State trooper and the 2 packages of hot dogs.

I don't think I heard/read about that. Michigan Trooper? Link? Explanation?

I have been to Indiana (before I started Geocaching) and look forward to caching in Clifty Falls State Park sometime. (You Indianins have put some caches in it right?)

I have been to Indiana (before I started Geocaching) and look forward to caching in Clifty Falls State Park sometime. (You Indianins have put some caches in it right?)

Patrick now has a DWBOHD on his record. (Driving while bloated on hot dogs)

B)

Clifty Falls State Park rocks, but on the down side their are not many cache there.

There is a OHIO cachers Hola, an Indiana Cachers Hello, so I thought Michigan needed one too. :blink: There are other geocachers in Michigan, right? So hello everybody! And to get conversation started where is your favorite place in Michigan to cache? (besides where you live of course)

Hello Lewson from the sunrise side of Michigan :(

caching along the beautifull Ausable river :o

MICHIGAN!!!!! We have it all! We ARE the winter Wonderland, we ARE the Great Lakes State, we've got the most shoreline in the world! This is a cache rich land we live in...and probably the very best cachers live here! (friendliest bunch I'VE ever met at least!!).

My favorite place so far is the U.P. WOW...beautiful area indeed! BUT...there sure is a great little area here called the Irish Hills! Very nice and scenic location, we have a beautiful state park here that allows caching and the wildlifew is abundant!! And just minutes away from Brooklyn MI, Jackson MI, Adrian MI...we're not even all that far from our Ohio and Indiana neighbors!!

Looking for an event to attend?? Team Rod & Tod will be hosting our event in Hayes State Park May 18th-20th!! A camp/cache event that is sure to be a "must attend" in the coming years! TONS of caches to find, great food and many fun activities to participate in and maybe even win a prize while having fun!!

MIGO ROCKS!!!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Come on out for the day if you can't come out to camp! We'd just be happy to have you come on out! Tell the family that you heard rumor of Rockin Roddy's Famous Ribs being served Saturday evening...that should help!

Great talking to you at Belle Isle Clatmandu!! Hope you can make it out for the Lazy Hayes Days! GC10ZVM

HELLO UP THERE! Team LaLonde, Will be going to the UP in either June or July and camping on Lime Island. I hope there is a cache there, I'm going to check now!

Also I might get to go to an event, the Huron River Cleanup by Canoe it all depends on a work conference. (ugh)

Metro Detroit area here (Ferndale, actually). My step-daughter (age 10) and I are newbies, but we're both hooked. Every weekend she's with us she's asking me when are we going to go out geocaching. :laughing: I've created a monster. Am teaching her to use a GPS, and we have great bonding experiences together. Sometimes we're bumbling idiots, but we have lots of fun.

Hello from another Michigan cacher! We are from west michigan along the beautiful silver lake area shoreline straight west of Rothbury. I haven't found a cache not to like yet....they are all such individuals!

Edited by vrabe

Well I guess we have gotta say hello now!

Based in Douglas/Cheboygan Mi...have cached ALL over the state... Favorite area? Hard to say but we do enjoy planning our U.P. trips. In fact, I'm flying in this tuesday from Colorado just for that express purpose. Going to get our 1000th find, 100th FTF (in Michigan), and the last uncached county all in one trip, hopefully all at one cache.

Say Yah to da U.P., eh?

WOW. I've seen your logs recently. Impressive dedication to geocaching.

Well I guess we have gotta say hello now!

Based in Douglas/Cheboygan Mi...have cached ALL over the state... Favorite area? Hard to say but we do enjoy planning our U.P. trips. In fact, I'm flying in this tuesday from Colorado just for that express purpose. Going to get our 1000th find, 100th FTF (in Michigan), and the last uncached county all in one trip, hopefully all at one cache.

Say Yah to da U.P., eh?

I am a Hoosier through & through! However, I have great friends in South Haven, MI. We visit them quite often and even introduced them to geocaching.

We try to get a few Michigan caches whenever we visit them. We will be there again July 4th weekend!!

See you then!

I am a Hoosier through & through! However, I have great friends in South Haven, MI. We visit them quite often and even introduced them to geocaching.

We try to get a few Michigan caches whenever we visit them. We will be there again July 4th weekend!!

See you then!

Save a day and come a little further north to Saugatuck. Hubby has a wicked series up and *nearly* ready to publish. :blink:

I live in southeast Michigan but my own favorite caching place so far is the Clare area. I am sure that will change though when I go caching in the U.P.

We began caching when we lived in Mt. Pleasant for school (Fire up Chips) and moved back to the UP as soon as we could find work up there. I now live in my home town of Bark River (10 miles west of Escanaba).

We have found caches in just about every part of the state of Michigan (at least one in each county) and in about 1/3 of the counties in Wisconsin. Far and away our favorite place to cache is in the UP, Marquette County in particular (Team LaLonde territory) and we really enjoyed the Keweenaw Peninsula (north of Houghton). Our favorite place to cache when downstate would have to either be Mecosta County (Big Rapids-Morley area) and the Au Sable River valley (between Mio and Oscoda). A great place to cache just outside of Michigan is in Marinette County, Wisconsin. It is right across the border from Menominee County, but the landscape is drastically different, offering many great waterfalls and forest areas to visit. No skirt lifters either!

That being said, TreePlanter has a lot of great caches in Clare County as well.