The GeoCide Coin

pghlooking

And really stretch it out. I'm B-AAAA-C-K!

Oh darn what movie (or TV show) is that from, where the character says that? Someone you didn't want to see come back? <_<

Was it Jason or Freddy?

I think that was Jack Nicholson from The Shining.

Yep, I think that's it DD. Jack was Back. Not a movie I watched but that was something that was oft advertised. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I need to get out. Strange things passing through my head. :unsure:

Although I still think this was from somewhere else too. It will come to me at 3 in the morning. :P

Edited by GPX Navigators

Oh darn what movie (or TV show) is that from, where the character says that? Someone you didn't want to see come back? <_<

Was it Jason or Freddy?

Yep, I think that's it Dennis. Jack was Back. Not a movie I watched but that was something that was oft advertised. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I need to get out. Strange things passing through my head. :unsure:

Although I still think this was from somewhere else too. It will come to me at 3 in the morning. :P

Sorry,Jack in The Shining was:

"Heere's Johnny!" as his face stuck through the axed out hole on the bathroom door.

Was it Jason or Freddy?

Yep, I think that's it DD. Jack was Back. Not a movie I watched but that was something that was oft advertised. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I need to get out. Strange things passing through my head. :unsure:

Maybe you're thinking of Arnold's favorite phrase...I'll be back

Yep, I think that's it DD. Jack was Back. Not a movie I watched but that was something that was oft advertised. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I need to get out. Strange things passing through my head. <_<

Although I still think this was from somewhere else too. It will come to me at 3 in the morning. :unsure:

One more place (it was bugging me too)...Independence Day...when Randy Quaid flew the fighter jet into the alien space craft - " Hello boys, I'm back"

Oh darn what movie (or TV show) is that from, where the character says that? Someone you didn't want to see come back? :unsure:

Was it Jason or Freddy?

Yep, I think that's it DD. Jack was Back. Not a movie I watched but that was something that was oft advertised. Thanks for clearing that up. I think I need to get out. Strange things passing through my head. :P

Although I still think this was from somewhere else too. It will come to me at 3 in the morning. :(

Maybe you're thinking of Arnold's favorite phrase...I'll be back

No - Arnie we know well. <_< His is more lower voice range and deliberate. I'm back (or he's back) is said more high pitched and in a teasing way. It probably is Jack but maybe some character somewhere borrowed it. Either way I like it for the coin. ;)

Seinfeld? ( probably not but I live this particular show ) ...

GEORGE: I don't want any mango.

KRAMER: Come on, take some. It's good.

(George tries a piece)

GEORGE: Very good. Juicy.

KRAMER: Ya.

GEORGE: Ripe. Boy, this Joe's got some terrific fruit.

KRAMER: Mmm.

(George looks a little weird)

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: I feel like I got a B12 shot. This is like a taste explosion!

KRAMER: Ya I told you.

(George stands still)

JERRY: What is it?

GEORGE: I think it moved. Oh my god, I think it moved. Yeah, give me the big piece. I'll see you later.

(Elaine enters the apartment)

ELAINE: Hi George.

GEORGE: I'm back, baby, I'm back!

(George leaves the apartment)

Seinfeld? ( probably not but I live this particular show ) ...

GEORGE: I don't want any mango.

KRAMER: Come on, take some. It's good.

(George tries a piece)

GEORGE: Very good. Juicy.

KRAMER: Ya.

GEORGE: Ripe. Boy, this Joe's got some terrific fruit.

KRAMER: Mmm.

(George looks a little weird)

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: I feel like I got a B12 shot. This is like a taste explosion!

KRAMER: Ya I told you.

(George stands still)

JERRY: What is it?

GEORGE: I think it moved. Oh my god, I think it moved. Yeah, give me the big piece. I'll see you later.

(Elaine enters the apartment)

ELAINE: Hi George.

GEORGE: I'm back, baby, I'm back!

(George leaves the apartment)

LOL - I was thikning of Newman before. Everytime he & Jerry see each other - too funny. Too bad the coin can;' talk. The inflections of saying Drama Queen would be hilarious if we could get Jerry to record it.

Slogans for both the front and the back would be very much indeed needed. Suggestions?

We do need to find out what the 1-800-GEO-CIDE number goes to before we attempt to use it on the coin. Hopefully,it's a...wait for it....Dead Number! :P:unsure:<_<

At first you say this has no referance to suicide, then you make this referance to a DEAD phone number. My mother commited suicide in 98 a most tragic event I have not posted in this thread up untill now. Now I DO think this has taken a turn for a nasty side of life or lack of it. Untill you are a suvivor of this tragic life event you will never understand the impact it has on people now living with all of the unanswered questions left behind. Not to derail your thread, But I will inded pass on this coin

Some people will read anything into a thread or post.

Dead is a term used in alot of situations. I hope you correct each person in each of those situations as well.

Wonder if the coin could show the drama queen as the victim. Most of them seem to take on that role. Maybe the drama queen could be crying about being appenged or something ...

Not sure what that word means (or if it's even really a word). I just seem to remember reading it somewhere when someone was banned.

Appenge came from a local forum, TRI-GO, where the cacher committed GeoCide is a blaze of glory. It was one of the more entertaining GeoCides. Since that day, Appenge has become the word of choice by most locals, and is used in place of any word you can't not use of can't think of the correct one.

Hey Jim,

Do me a favor...when you get artwork posted, could you get one of the mods to change the thread title to indicate that? I don't really have any input for you, but I would like to see the artwork when you are done. If you can do that, I will know when it is posted without having to sift through all the rest of the stuff.

Thanks

Hey Jim,

Do me a favor...when you get artwork posted, could you get one of the mods to change the thread title to indicate that? I don't really have any input for you, but I would like to see the artwork when you are done. If you can do that, I will know when it is posted without having to sift through all the rest of the stuff.

Thanks

Will do.

Why doesn't anyone believe that "Theeeey're heeeeere" and "The're baaaaack" are from the poltergeist movies? :unsure:

I believe you!

Soon after she says "They're baaack!" in the second movie...that scary old man starts walking around singing..."God is in, his Holy TemPLE! Earthly thoughts, be silent now...."

No way I can type it as creepy as it sounded.....

Ok, now I'm really gone! <_<

<<<One more place (it was bugging me too)...Independence Day...when Randy Quaid flew the fighter jet into the alien space craft - " Hello boys, I'm back">>>>

Yes, thank you LeNore. That is the movie I was thinking of. One of our favorite movies around here and often on cable. Best line in the movie.

Whew. The rest of my life can now continue. <_<

And I'm believe it was in Poltergeist but it was Randy Quaid I was thinking of. :unsure:

This thread has gone so far off topic it's not funny. When this coin is ready to mint, let me know and I'll reopen this thread, in the meantime, it is in lock mode, stand by, on hold. To be announced. pghlooking, please let me know when you have artwork/metals/pricing, etc ready.

After some discussion it is agreed that it is no fault of the OPs that this thread was derailed faster than a speeding train on a crooked track, and if you can all just keep the topic on the coin, the artwork, metals, etc... The thread will be re-opened.

Consider this the third or fourth warning.

Anyone straying off topic (there is a forum for that) will be referred to this post. If we have to keep monitoring this thread, disabling of posting rights may occur.

WEEERRRRREEEEE BAACCCCCKKK!!!!!

Now let that be the last reference to Poltergiest, Jack, The Shining, Welcome Back Kotter, Arnold, Eminem, Wendy's, Easter Peeps, Toyotas, Nike, poptop lids, used medical supplies, toe jam, the IRS, or anything else that isn't something directly related or plausible for this coin. If you can make a valid assossication to the coin with your post, then great bring it on. I want so serious out of the box thinking on this coin. I want something we will all love. But please keep it reasonable.

I am also very sorry for the loss of any loved one caused by suicide. I have never understood why people air their personal problems and such here, a place about Geocaching. There are boards for those things, but please keep it out of this thread. This thread is about a coin and further about the GeoCide coin. It has nothing to do with suicide, real or imagined, so please don't try to compare the loss of an actual life of a loved one to a piece of metal. It isn't fair to them to be used in that way. Again, this coin has no direct or indirect relation or reference to suicide. It wasn't inspirired or developed due to suicide.

The coin will not feature any of the names from any of the cachers who committed GeoCide. It is a coin being minted for the general term, a term that has been used for well over 3 years. I appoligize if anyone takes the coin personal or feels it is about them. The fact of the matter is if you are still here, then you haven't committed GeoCide, so it could never be about you! Unless you are planning on leaving and we don't know about it but that's a whole other issue.

If you aren't interested in this coin, by all mean post that, but then please move on. I have done that many times myself. Any attempts to derail this thread for no other purpose than to get it closed will be reported. Eartha has made the warnings and made them clear, so you will only have yourself to blame when you have to answer to the mods.

Let's try to keep this on topic as much humanly possible folks. I am sure there isn't a single soul that would like to see this thread killed off. Of course if they were the one to behind the GeoCide of the thread they would be entitled to a XLE.

Thanks Eartha for helping being this thred back to life. It is very clear there is some major interest in this coin. As one person said, it is the most Geocaching related coin in some time. It seems to have triggered a response from cachers not normally in the coin threads as well.

This all being said, we have a thought for the icon already. The theatre masks. One with a tiara and the other with a feathered pink boa. Thoughts?

This all being said, we have a thought for the icon already. The theatre masks. One with a tiara and the other with a feathered pink boa. Thoughts?

How about having some flames coming up around them, especially cool if you could have it animated and have the masks burn!!!

you should mint a super xle only 1 made coin for that person who takes your idea and mints it faster then you! Boy i bet that would cause some drama, and someone would end up leaving... proboly you but that just would be ironic LOL. (HEHE joke)

I love the idea, I think its great an a few people come off my mind who should get a le coin for their drama.

I love a good show...... as long as its not me at the stake with certin blue, and tasty mod's lighting the fire.

My thought for one side would be a theatre mask with a crown on top and the words Drama Queen. The second side of the coin could be a small GPSr, a few coins next to it with a satellite above surrounded by a red circle with a diagonal line through it, possibly the words No Geocaching/Geocoins.

...Dead is a term used in alot of situations. I hope you correct each person in each of those situations as well.

Dead Drops.

Dead letter office.

Died in committee.

Dead project.

You can come up with a huge list with some work.

On Topic.

A clown face with XX for eyes for the Icon.

Edited by Renegade Knight

How about having some flames coming up around them, especially cool if you could have it animated and have the masks burn!!!

animated icons are no longer allowed.

animated icons are no longer allowed.

Party-Pooper.

OT--on the back, a GPSr laying down, smoking like it burned out.

Icon--The same GPSr

Now let that be the last reference to Poltergiest, Jack, The Shining, Welcome Back Kotter, Arnold, Eminem, Wendy's, Easter Peeps, Toyotas, Nike, poptop lids, used medical supplies, toe jam, the IRS, or anything else that isn't something directly related or plausible for this coin. If you can make a valid assossication to the coin with your post, then great bring it on. I want so serious out of the box thinking on this coin. I want something we will all love. But please keep it reasonable.

Didn;t mean to derail topic. The movie references were actually trying to help nail down a potential quote for either side of the coin. :)

OT - For the We're Back side - GPS rising from the flames - like the Phoenix.

Party-Pooper.

You've obviously never met me.

And it wasn't my decision either, so take that back! :)

The decision was made by Groundspeak to discontinue the animated icons. Besides, how long do people actually spend staring at the icon?

Edited by Eartha

Besides, how long do people actually spend staring at the icon?

For all the money people have poured into custom icons, my guess would be quite a bit.

But on the flip side, depending on how much they were animated, it could add some significant bandwidth usage. Which in the end would probably be the ultimate demise of animation.

Here's a couple I've been playing with...

favicon.gif - I use this one on my geocoin-info.net site.

testsunset.gif - This is one I was hoping to replace the Arizona Geocoin icon.

the coin sounds like a hoot! i would buy one! :D

I sent an email to a minter to start the process. Will let you know when we get closer.

Am starting to see alot of non regulars to the coin forums coming by. I guess this coin has more of a place in Geocaching than even I thought.

You've obviously never met me.

That's very true

And it wasn't my decision either, so take that back! :anicute:

I understand that, but I'm gonna pin it on someone. Happens to me all the time where I work. :huh:

The decision was made by Groundspeak to discontinue the animated icons. Besides, how long do people actually spend staring at the icon?

Not unlike the OP in this thread, I can be easily distrac.........*oooooo.....shiney........*

Besides, how long do people actually spend staring at the icon?

For all the money people have poured into custom icons, my guess would be quite a bit.

But on the flip side, depending on how much they were animated, it could add some significant bandwidth usage. Which in the end would probably be the ultimate demise of animation.

Here's a couple I've been playing with...

favicon.gif - I use this one on my geocoin-info.net site.

testsunset.gif - This is one I was hoping to replace the Arizona Geocoin icon.

I think I just spent 10 minutes staring at that post.... :laughing:

But now that I've read through the forums a bit, I think I've found where the humour is, and I agree withoyou. due to limited resources, I doubt I'll be purchasing, but I will be interested to see how the coin turns out.

But now that I've read through the forums a bit, I think I've found where the humour is, and I agree withoyou. due to limited resources, I doubt I'll be purchasing, but I will be interested to see how the coin turns out.

I have seen the artwork and am waiting on the revised art work for this coin. It will be pretty cool looking. Stay tuned.

Slogans for both the front and the back would be very much indeed needed. Suggestions?

We do need to find out what the 1-800-GEO-CIDE number goes to before we attempt to use it on the coin. Hopefully,it's a...wait for it....Dead Number! :ph34r::ph34r::D

At first you say this has no referance to suicide, then you make this referance to a DEAD phone number. My mother commited suicide in 98 a most tragic event I have not posted in this thread up untill now. Now I DO think this has taken a turn for a nasty side of life or lack of it. Untill you are a suvivor of this tragic life event you will never understand the impact it has on people now living with all of the unanswered questions left behind. Not to derail your thread, But I will inded pass on this coin

As a person whose very good friend for many years committed suicide in 1989, I can say that I do understand your pain. In fact, the method of suicide was particularly embarrassing <inappropriate link removed by moderator>. There were years of "Didn't so-and-so die from..." to bring the event back to the front of memory. Seeing people grasping to make the connection between the proposed geocide coin and some personal, real-life event in THIS VERY THREAD brought back the memory. Thanks.

However, I think it is wholly unreasonable to cringe every time someone uses some *-cide word within earshot. It's not the geocide coin that bothers me, it's that people are making a concerted effort to tie it to personal events in their own lives to which the coin and the person who suggested it have obviously and absolutely no connection or intention to connect.

That said, I'm not interested in the coin because I don't think geociders should be idolized in the form of a coin. They come in, they combust, they leave... end of game.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster