The GeoCide Coin

pghlooking

Ok gang. If you want this thread to stay open, keep it about the coin. If you want to talk about geocide in general, please open a thread in the General Forums.

To be clear: If this thread is going to stay open, it needs to be about the coin itself just like any other thread. Design, cost, shipping, metals, etc. If it continues to be about jokes about geocide it will be closed.

This is NOT carte blanche to derail the thread either. :rolleyes:

[...I'm sorry, I know this is supposed to be fun and all, but I really don't get this. Why would you want to make fun of/point fun at anyone who quits geocaching? I mean, it's such a great sport/hobby/past time, why would you want to mar it negatively in any way. Could you explain how this is so great? If someone leaves geocaching, even in a dramatic way, I'd be more apt to feel sorry about it, not make fun of them. Yeah I just don't get it sorry.

It all depends on the person. If they post for dramatic effect just to observe who all begs them to stay they really just deserve a swift kick in the butt. Some forum suicide as a form of manipulation and they too deserve a swift kick. All we can do in the forums is poke them with a sharp wit. There are others (much fewer though) who deserve better and post to try and do the right thing and fix what they see as a wrong before they go.

It's only the latter who deserve your consideration and good will. The former deserve some guidance.

I read through from start to finish, thinking I could figure out what was going on, but alas, I am still clueless!

I have never heard the term, "geocide" and I'm still now sure what it means or even what this thread is about, other than making a coin.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I didn't know what was going on! :huh::mad::rolleyes::huh:

Posted at the same time as FSM.

Back on topic, I'm not interested in this coin.

Edit:

Whoops. Big hiccup.

Wow, never seen that happen before :rolleyes: .

When the only joy or satisfaction one can get is from attacking or making fun of others, then one's life is truely sad.

Who said "only" joy? I get joy out of geocoin trades. That reminds me, you owe me a coin - did you think that I gave you that 2007 CAC coin for free, :rolleyes:

I'm in a for a couple. My stances on geocoins are well known at this point and I usually don't go for coins that are strictly forum-related (What's in your mailbox for example) but this one dates WAAAAY back and brings up some funny memories from the General Forums.

Edit:

Whoops. Big hiccup.

Wow, never seen that happen before :) .

Does anybody happen to know if Renegade Knight is interested in this coin?

Thanks for stopping those Brokeback jokes PGH, they were getting inside my head. I almost had to stomp off, which would have been okay, cause I'd get a LE coin, but then I got peaved cause I realized that the people who made me leave would get an XLE coin. Now I don't know what to do, so I guess I'll stick around.

Has anyone actually tried calling 1-800-GEOCIDE yet? Just wondering. It'd be pretty funny to put on the coin, but that would suck if you got some school for the performing arts or Garmin's helpline. That might be just a little too much for the delicate mental state of someone on the brink of a dramatic exit.

Edited by Redwing_dave

Has anyone actually tried calling 1-800-GEOCIDE yet? Just wondering. It'd be pretty funny to put on the coin, but that would suck if you got some school for the performing arts or Garmin's helpline. That might be just a little too much for the delicate mental state of someone on the brink of a dramatic exit.

Alright you got me wondering :blink: , I called the number and it was busy :( ! How many other people tried :) ?

Slogans for both the front and the back would be very much indeed needed. Suggestions?

We do need to find out what the 1-800-GEO-CIDE number goes to before we attempt to use it on the coin. Hopefully,it's a...wait for it....Dead Number! :):blink::(

I always thought that was Magellan's technical support line...

1-800-IF-MAGEE (don't work)

I have read this whole thread through, twice, and believe I will take 10 of these coins.

Whomever this is about, or could be about, or should be about should be flattered that someone actually wants to make a coin about them.

It is much like this thread MOS that was shut down. An ego too big, a mind too closed to see humor and/or a hidden compliment. This is just my opinion. If someone wants to make a coin about me, good, bad or ugly, please go for it. I will sell some on Ebay, get some shirts printed up, hand them out, sell some and try to capitalize on it as much as possible.

Does anyone have a good idea of what I can do to get someone to make a coin about me that does not cost me anything???

Edited to add, OT you may run into copyright problems hereGEOCIDE

Edited by prntr1

Slogans for both the front and the back would be very much indeed needed. Suggestions?

We do need to find out what the 1-800-GEO-CIDE number goes to before we attempt to use it on the coin. Hopefully,it's a...wait for it....Dead Number! :):blink::(

At first you say this has no referance to suicide, then you make this referance to a DEAD phone number. My mother commited suicide in 98 a most tragic event I have not posted in this thread up untill now. Now I DO think this has taken a turn for a nasty side of life or lack of it. Untill you are a suvivor of this tragic life event you will never understand the impact it has on people now living with all of the unanswered questions left behind. Not to derail your thread, But I will inded pass on this coin

Read the "ring___e " thread. Now I have soda all over my keyboard and monitor. :)

Not sure if it has been suggested or not, so here's my slogan entries for the geocoin:

1) "Why does my post say _____" (Name left blank. Don't wanna end up on the MOD's naughty list)

2) "First no caches within .1 miles, next no caches in Ohio"

3) "I love the smell of a Geocide in the morning" <----- Direct quote from one of TPTB in an email a while back. (Don't ask)

Since one side is going to be "Drama Queen", I figured I would para-phrase this song from Queen...

Don't try geocide

Nobody's worth it

Don't try geocide

Nobody cares

Don't try geocide

You're just gonna hate it

Don't try geocide

Nobody gives a darn

Sorry, the song has been running through my head since this thread started yesterday! :)

I've really never understood a) why people get so worked up and upset at things on a message board

B)why others seem to take such glee in people getting upset.

That being said, there are coins for pretty much everything these days. We have no interest in this coin, but we're also sure there will be a market for it.

Good luck with the coin!

Since one side is going to be "Drama Queen", I figured I would para-phrase this song from Queen...

Don't try geocide

Nobody's worth it

Don't try geocide

Nobody cares

Don't try geocide

You're just gonna hate it

Don't try geocide

Nobody gives a darn

Sorry, the song has been running through my head since this thread started yesterday! :)

I've had the theme from M*A*S*H going through my head since I began reading this post ...

Geo-cide is painless, It brings on many changes, And I can take or leave them if I please ...

I know its more forum related but Cache & Burn keeps running through my head. :)

Edited by GPX Navigators

The closest I've ever come to resulted in these words being sent to me: "You've been warned..." <_<

Hey, that sounds familiar, although mine would have been an accidental geocide, so I don't know how that rates.

So far I like Rasj's suggestion #3 "I love the smell of a Geocide in the morning." It has a good ring to it.

I also like "Cache, Blab, and Burn."

:unsure:

Wonder if the coin could show the drama queen as the victim. Most of them seem to take on that role. Maybe the drama queen could be crying about being appenged or something ...

Not sure what that word means (or if it's even really a word). I just seem to remember reading it somewhere when someone was banned.

On the drama queen side it could say above: "I'm Leaving..."

And below. "Please beg me to stay."

that's good too!

Or... to borrow a line from LFD, You could have "I'm Leaving..." on the top and "I'm Back!" on the bottom.

And really stretch it out. I'm B-AAAA-C-K!

Oh darn what movie (or TV show) is that from, where the character says that? Someone you didn't want to see come back? <_<