The GeoCide Coin

pghlooking

Well two names have already been mentioned at the start of this thread. I found there to be nothing to laugh about the way [bLEEP] was hounded. I live on the other side of the world, and he made caching more fun for me. He appeared to be deeply upset by the way he was treated on here. I dont find that funny.

Oh, please...don't get me started about you know who...he brought all get got upon himself. Now, I would never name names on a geocoin, but using you know who's example was perfectly apropos in this case.

BTW there is no stick up my ...., I just actually care about people. Why make this place ugly? If I'd seen this sort of thing early on I wouldn't have taken up the hobby. Show how much fun you can be in other ways rather than laughing at others?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I obviously was unaware of the term "GeoCide" and thought it to be very cruel and mean.

I guess what you're saying in this coin idea is that "Drama Queen" Geocachers who leave the Geocaching

forums permanently will get this coin?

This coin is all in good fun and not meant to be mean-spirited?

FSM has spoken as to the term and use in Geocaching. This thread not to debate the spiritness behind the coin. Please keep your posts on topic. I feel you are trying to purposely derail this threa in hopes of getting it locked.

I find the idea for this coin very amusing. :huh: Let's keep things in perspective, it's not like geocide is usually permanent! :rolleyes: I think this would be a coin that many of the "forum regulars" not just the coin people might be interested in. I hope if the coin gets made there will be a space where a geocaching name could be engraved. Those XLEs would need 2 blank spots separated by an "aka" of course. :huh:

As for political correctness and gender issues, most of the drama queens I know are male. :mad:

jrr

FSM has spoken as to the term and use in Geocaching. This thread not to debate the spiritness behind the coin. Please keep your posts on topic. I feel you are trying to purposely derail this threa in hopes of getting it locked.

Don't take it personal, Pghlooking... I did take it personal, because of your response in my other thread.

And by then creating this "Drama Queen" coin as a direct personal threat to me.

You know I left last week and returned only this morning. You're getting your laughs in at my expense...

and I'm not backing down.

It's a very mean coin. :rolleyes:

One more thing to ALL - please go back and remove the names from all previous posts.

Looking up the term gives the information needed, there is no need to refer to names (even of those who are no longer on the boards).

Those that aren't done, will be done by me shortly when I get back online.

NOTE TO FUTURE POSTERS: Please do NOT use ANY names as examples, it's not appropriate.

Thank you.

Don't take it personal, Pghlooking... I did take it personal, because of your response in my other thread.

You know I left last week and returned only this morning. You're getting your laughs in at my expense...

and I'm not backing down.

It's a very mean coin. :rolleyes:

Ok, look...I saw your meltdown, and then your return today...

However, I think you are being a bit too sensitive, and maybe even a bit too full of yourself to assume this is all about you.

Your departure was very un-dramatic...not worthy of a coin to commerate it.

However, the term Geocide does bring a smile to my face, and I would be in for a few...

PUHHHLEEZE!!!

Don't flatter yourself or think my life is so consummed with you that I would actually go make a coin about you. You need a reality check. This term has been here for over 3 years. You haven't been here that long.

Now can you stop trying to derail this thread. That is a violation of the guidelines I believe, but you could always check with a mods.

PUHHHLEEZE!!!

Don't flatter yourself or think my life is so consummed with you that I would actually go make a coin about you. You need a reality check. This term has been here for over 3 years. You haven't been here that long.

Now can you stop trying to derail this thread. That is a violation of the guidelines I believe, but you could always check with a mods.

I've stood up for myself. That's all that matters...

I would not be interested in this coin.

PUHHHLEEZE!!!

I'd buy at least 10.

PUHHHLEEZE!!!

I am not sure how you have stood up for yourself when there was never anything about you in this thread to defend. Some people's egos...Hey I have another coin idea.

I am sorry that this coin will not be of interest to you.

While the feminist side of me agrees with the horse lady....

I think "Drama Queen" is more fitting with a better ring, I've met many a man that can be one, so it's not necessarily a gender thing, stay with it!

HB has spoken. So it will be. Drama Queen it is on side "B". Nothing like being a little unPC in the to get the blood* going.

*The reference to blood is purely symbolic and in no way is directly related to the actual thoughts behind this coin. I would also like to add no animals will be hurt in the making of this coin, at least intentionally.

I think I have an idea of what the term geocide means but I'm not altogether sure, would someone care to explain what the term actually means on these forums.

One other comment..........does it have to a "drama queen?" Maybe you could be gender neutral or have both "drama queen" and "drama king" :rolleyes: That's the feminist side of me speaking and/or = opportunity :huh:

I hate being PC. Do we really have to? I mean since you asked so nicely I am sure I could be forced into it, but drama queen just has a ring to it.

I vote NO to PC, now THAT'S lamer than a lampost micro!

PUHHHLEEZE!!!

I'd buy at least 10.

I'll get 3-5, depending on price and design.

Not gonna get into this...

Interesting history, but I think there are better things to make a coin about.

My 2 cents.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Sorry, BOT-how long til you've got some artwork?

This will be done in due time, but within the time constraint of my real life. I have one project in the works right now and would feel like I was neglecting it if I were to start another before it was finished. that should be complete within the next few weeks, then it will be full steam ahead on this ship. I am going to use this thread to help with the inspirations of the coin of course. So keep the idea coming.

should we have a space on the coin where people can have their name engraved if they want?

Anyone know where we can find someone to model the crown for the Side"B" of the coin?

I think I have an idea of what the term geocide means but I'm not altogether sure, would someone care to explain what the term actually means on these forums.

One other comment..........does it have to a "drama queen?" Maybe you could be gender neutral or have both "drama queen" and "drama king" :huh: That's the feminist side of me speaking and/or = opportunity :rolleyes:

I hate being PC. Do we really have to? I mean since you asked so nicely I am sure I could be forced into it, but drama queen just has a ring to it.

nicolo, you calling me lame? Don't make me go drama queen on you! You won't like spurs and my Gator rope. :mad::huh: That may sound like fun but only for cowboys ;)

One other comment..........does it have to a "drama queen?" Maybe you could be gender neutral or have both "drama queen" and "drama king" :huh: That's the feminist side of me speaking and/or = opportunity :rolleyes:

nicolo, you calling me lame? Don't make me go drama queen on you! You won't like spurs and my Gator rope. :mad::huh: That may sound like fun but only for cowboys ;)

Yes, ma'am, <shuddering in fear> ;)

Please refrain from all BrokeBack Mountain references out of respect for RedWing Dave. Thank you.

Also is this a GeoCide in the making? And which will get the LE for commiting and which gets the XLE for pushing the other that far.

Okay - I'm back.

I think I'll create a new coin called "Forum Ghost" coin - for folks that have done GeoCide and come back.

One side will have Death and the other a Zombie.

Hey welcome back buddy. We sure did miss you. Next time how about not being gone so long or at aleast write someone. We were worried about you.

Well two names have already been mentioned at the start of this thread. I found there to be nothing to laugh about the way Tommy was hounded. I live on the other side of the world, and he made caching more fun for me. He appeared to be deeply upset by the way he was treated on here. I dont find that funny.

BTW there is no stick up my ...., I just actually care about people. Why make this place ugly? If I'd seen this sort of thing early on I wouldn't have taken up the hobby. Show how much fun you can be in other ways rather than laughing at others?

I tend to agree with your overall feelings towards such a coin idea. It's not something I am interested in either.

Thing is, there is a certain element in any BBS forum, on any subject, and located anywhere online where participants in that particular forum leave with a big ta-da, stink, hoopla or whatever you want to call it. I've seen it over and over, long before geocaching even existed.

Never have I enjoyed this kind of attention getting by the person leaving nor have I enjoyed watching the remaining members of said forum provoke and often times thoroughly live for the drama. Obviously the person leaving is upset and some people simply cannot help themselves but to take cheap shots at or make fun of the person exiting.

When the only joy or satisfaction one can get is from attacking or making fun of others, then one's life is truely sad.

I wouldn't purchase a coin dealing with this type of subject, so pass.

I tend to agree with your overall feelings towards such a coin idea. It's not something I am interested in either.

Thing is, there is a certain element in any BBS forum, on any subject, and located anywhere online where participants in that particular forum leave with a big ta-da, stink, hoopla or whatever you want to call it. I've seen it over and over, long before geocaching even existed.

Never have I enjoyed this kind of attention getting by the person leaving nor have I enjoyed watching the remaining members of said forum provoke and often times thoroughly live for the drama. Obviously the person leaving is upset and some people simply cannot help themselves but to take cheap shots at or make fun of the person exiting.

When the only joy or satisfaction one can get is from attacking or making fun of others, then one's life is truely sad.

I wouldn't purchase a coin dealing with this type of subject, so pass.

Wow...the PC drivel being spewed is getting deep in here...

I swear, people have no sense of humor.

Life isn't all about being chummy and singing Kumbaya.