Reduced for a short time... IEcachers.com

altigenman

In case anyone is interested

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...57-627db54bbc15

It is in a park, potluck and you have to bring your own chairs.

Where did all that money go?

You have got to be kidding me. You mean this whole thing has been a hoax by the seller to say the money was going one place, when in fact it wasn't? Sounds like fraud and decpetion to me. Think we can get a direct answer to this altigenman?

In case anyone is interested

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...57-627db54bbc15

It is in a park, potluck and you have to bring your own chairs.

Where did all that money go?

You have got to be kidding me. You mean this whole thing has been a hoax by the seller to say the money was going one place, when in fact it wasn't? Sounds like fraud and decpetion to me. Think we can get a direct answer to this altigenman?

As I said from the beginning... the money was going toward the trophies for the cache bash in June. Fishpoet donated some really amazing trophies last year, but that proably isn't going to happen this year.

So we are going to need to get those made. We have had two banners made so far with the groups logo. Pins made for the kilo club members.

I'm not sure what else is being purchased for the "June" event, but the remainder of the money will be seed money for our next coin so we don't have to borrow the 1800.00 bucks this time around.

We havent yet had our planning meeting yet for the June Bash...

Mike

You haven't planned for the June event yet? I have an event in May and have been hard at it since January! And I'm footing the bill for everything for our event (and very generous donations of course)....would be nice to make some money like that, I'd be serving more than just ribs.

You uh....should get moving on that event, time is running out!

I'm not sure what else is being purchased for the "June" event, but the remainder of the money will be seed money for our next coin so we don't have to borrow the 1800.00 bucks this time around.

So when is this new coin coming out? And where do I place my pre-order. I wouldn't want to miss out on it.

Edited by pghlooking

If you bought it with a credit card (even through paypal), send it back. Guaranteed refund. I love credit card companies. Merchandise was not what you thought you were buying. :)

Well I just looked mine shipped, I think I would find greater satisfaction taking a sledge hammer to them at this point :D:D

As I said from the beginning... the money was going toward the trophies for the cache bash in June. Fishpoet donated some really amazing trophies last year, but that proably isn't going to happen this year.

So we are going to need to get those made. We have had two banners made so far with the groups logo. Pins made for the kilo club members.

We havent yet had our planning meeting yet for the June Bash...

Must be very expencive trophies, and banners , for 1800 bucks, not to mention the profit :) , A next coin HA, :D I am not usualy one to bash a person/thread, but you have to be kidding B):D

Strange, the Mods here at GC gave me crap for complianing about a coin on the forums but say's nothing about the stuff being said here. I guess it depends if the Mods believe in the coins statement or not.

Please see comments below about the difference between personal attacks and saying something "negative" about somebody's coin. The biggest difference is the specific reference to an action or statement and not a general personal attack.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Or, they're actually out caching right now, :D

Yes, believe it or not we do have lives outside these forums. :D We may have been sleeping, eating, watching tv, or even caching.... :D

No one has trashed him (at least this time around). Just stating facts about his sales tactics.

Yes, this is the difference.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Perhaps Sho99er's tast in coins is the same as his taste in clothing and thats why he doesn't like the coin.

Or, perhaps he's just mean spirited I would feel that way too if I had to wear a shirt like that... this ain't no pig roast, or is it?

The coins are pretty much gone at this point and now you can listen to what I think about you people...

Mike aka Altigenman

This would be a generic personal attack.

Not to worry... most of the guys are are blowhards.... Including the moderators!

Mike

You must have missed this part of the guidelines as well:

Our moderators are equipped with Kevlar flak jackets and an unlimited supply of admin bricks. Do not attempt to engage them in direct combat.

At this point, all has been said and issues have been dealt with.

This thread is now closed.

As has been mentioned before and via PM to some folks - if you believe that somebody is being treated unfairly you may complain to: reviewers@Groundspeak.com. This address is to be used only for complaints about reviewers and cache approvers.

Should you decide to complain, please follow the forum guidelines when doing so and provide specific examples of your issue. General character attacks will not be tolerated.

Please also keep in mind that tensions are high in these forums. In other forums, a suspension means loss of posting rights for a few days. In these forums, it can equate to a loss of sales (i.e. money) for some folks. That tends to make everybody a bit edgy - take that with a grain of salt.

Now everybody, go hug your coins. :D