Reduced for a short time... IEcachers.com

altigenman

The 50 coins that I belive that you are talking about are polished gold and being held and not sold utill all 200 of the silver (nickel) coins have been sold. TOTAL 250 COINS... I am not sure that we will even be selling them online actually. There is quite a interest from our active members and we have the coinfest coming up in February and the remainder may be sold there. Our group has a website with currently 88 members on it and our yahoo group has way more than that, like 150.... We put on an event every June the profits for the coin will go towards that and the balance will be seed money for our next coin.

This coin was designed by Oakcoins with the ideas that we gave to them by our group at IEcachers. We put together a small group of avid coin collectors and then suggested the ideas for the design that we gave to Oakcoins.

The coin is more expensive than most, as we all know, our group decided that we were not in a hurry to sell out in 1 week or 2 as most do and rather site back and let the coin sell at its natural pace.

Go ahead and tear me up again guys... I can take it. Did I get all your questions?

Mike

www.IEcachers.com

With all do respect, isn't some of the issues of the group directly related and very relavant to this coin? Shouldn't people here know if this is a true open geocaching group or nothing more than a small group of friends using a group name and making nothing but a big false statement. While I don't know which is the case, I definately think it should be brought to light before we allow people to buy a coin. We should know if it isn't from a legit group but rather 2 people pretending instead, or if it is a legit group. Based on the OP's attitude I have had more questions each time he "trys" to answer one. I don't mean or wish for this to be OT at all and appoligize if you feel it is, but there are questions about the coin (ie who is behind it(group or individuals), who is producing it(group or individual), where is the money going, etc) that need to be answered for people to make an educated choice as to whether they wish to buy it or not. There needs to be a little room for lateral movement here without the fear of "my next question could be my last before I get a time out" stigma hanging over each of our heads. Based on the responses in this thread I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.

To keep this as on topic as I can. I have a few questions directly related to the coin. Is the 50 Uber Limited Editons part of the 200 or in addition to the Limited Edition. i asked a while back and never heard anything from the people behind the coin about the standard edition. I would have thought that would have been the first released as is the norm. If the money is going to the group for events, is there a way for people to see where their money went or is this just a blanket "trust us" thing?

With all do respect, isn't some of the issues of the group directly related and very relavant to this coin? Shouldn't people here know if this is a true open geocaching group or nothing more than a small group of friends using a group name and making nothing but a big false statement. While I don't know which is the case, I definately think it should be brought to light before we allow people to buy a coin. We should know if it isn't from a legit group but rather 2 people pretending instead, or if it is a legit group. Based on the OP's attitude I have had more questions each time he "trys" to answer one. I don't mean or wish for this to be OT at all and appoligize if you feel it is, but there are questions about the coin (ie who is behind it(group or individuals), who is producing it(group or individual), where is the money going, etc) that need to be answered for people to make an educated choice as to whether they wish to buy it or not. There needs to be a little room for lateral movement here without the fear of "my next question could be my last before I get a time out" stigma hanging over each of our heads. Based on the responses in this thread I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.

To keep this as on topic as I can. I have a few questions directly related to the coin. Is the 50 Uber Limited Editons part of the 200 or in addition to the Limited Edition. i asked a while back and never heard anything from the people behind the coin about the standard edition. I would have thought that would have been the first released as is the norm. If the money is going to the group for events, is there a way for people to see where their money went or is this just a blanket "trust us" thing?

To address PGH's questions: If you have valid questions, feel free to ask them.

And yes, we all SHOULD know the answers to the questions that you posed, but it was apparent early on that the OP wasn't going to answer them. Whether he had something to hide, or was just being elusive (for lack of a better word) is unknown and there's no point in speculating about it now.

My point was that everybody has asked the questions they've wanted to ask, and the OP has answered those that he has chosen to. That should tell you something, or at least as much as you want/need to know.

At this point, the continued questioning is getting nowhere and is pointless - aside from bumping the thread.

Is that more clear?

Our group has a website with currently 88 members on it and our yahoo group has way more than that, like 150....

jerrytcher is a member of IECachers.com, IECachers.org and IECachers Yahoo Groups.

You can see right on the Yahoo page that there are 89 in the Yahoo group. The .com site has 60 registered users. Both locations have maybe 10-20 people that post more than once a month.

The only reason IECachers.com has 60 registered users is that Mike forced all of you to become members of his site to get information on the IECachers.com coin.

Maybe Mike should invite both mods to the IECachers Yahoo Groups and let them see first hand just how few people were involved in making decisions about the coins.

Ooops, sorry Cache_twentytwo... sure you can have a discount on more than 5 coins. I'll send you a quote on 5 and then one on 10 or more.

Mike

Sorry, just looked we have 90 members in the Yahoo group... Sorry for the misinformation. Mike

If I order 5 or more can I get a discount?

Cache_Twentytwo

Hey, Altigenman

I got my coins and they look great! Shipping was very fast how did you get it here that quick.

I coudn't be happier, thank you again! Say hi to Joeski for me.

Cache_twentytwo

Ooops, sorry Cache_twentytwo... sure you can have a discount on more than 5 coins. I'll send you a quote on 5 and then one on 10 or more.

Mike

Sorry, just looked we have 90 members in the Yahoo group... Sorry for the misinformation. Mike

Cache_Twentytwo

Edited by Cache_twentytwo

Thank you.

Mike

Hey, Altigenman

I got my coins and they look great! Shipping was very fast how did you get it here that quick.

I coudn't be happier, thank you again! Say hi to Joeski for me.

Cache_twentytwo

Mike

Cache_Twentytwo

Another reason there are "still" 90 members in the Yahoo group is that most of the .org group members name's are still active on that site eventhough we won't go there.

$200 for a sales table at events????? Mike's events are held in a local park, free for all and the tables are, of course, first come first served.

I really have no clue why the .com group would need $2,000 for events. I think maybe there are 3 or 4 tables are close by where they hold events. There isn't any electrical hookups. The events are all pot luck so everyone brings their own food.

I wonder if the IRS or the CA State Franchise board would be interested in the .com group. I mean a profit is being made. Is there a business license? An accounting? Everyone has to have their piece of the pie...right? I do believe the IRS requires a reporting is the amount is over $1200. I'll have to make sure, I have a motorcycle buddy that is an IRS agent.

Personally I would never buy a coin where any geocaching group was going to make that much money. Yes I have bought some of my coins on e-bay and as far as I know there never was mention that the money was going for a "good cause" of any sort so maybe I have without knowing it. This thread has made me start to look closer from now on.

Edited by woody_k

And with that, there are now two less psoters for a few days.

To quote myself:

Ok, this thread is now on my "about to get shut down" list - and it's a short list.

It's been made clear that there are issues or questions about the "group" selling this coin, how and when they formed, who the profits are going to, etc.

The OP had his time to promote his coin.

Others have had thier time to challenge the cost and the background of ie.cachers.com.

Everybody has had thier chance to speak, so any future posts will need to stay on topic for sales of the coin.

If there is NEW information about the coin sale, the OP may post it here. No shameless bumps.

If there are buyers who purchased who want to say "got it, I like it", feel free.

If there are questions about the coins, post them here.

No more bickering about what has/hasn't happened on other sites, groups, meetings, events, etc.

Oh, and you all get coal for Christmas if you keep it up. :D

The 50 that remain in gold and black will more than likey be sold at the coinfest in Febuary.

You are more than welcome to altigenman, I believe the sales tables at the event are $200 each :blink:

This got my attention also. The post about tables at the event for $200 was a joke posted by someone, who is not in the IE group, see the smilie. So just forget that comment.

The quote was in reference to the coinfest event in February and it is no joke. If Altigenman wants to sell his coins at coinfest he will need to pay $200 for a sales table.

I just wanted to say again I love my IEcacher.com coin, the price seems fair to me, and that I think he is probably aware of the cost of a table @ coinfest. You have all done great things, individually and collectivley, for the geocaching community in the Inland Empire and thanks!

Cache_twentytwo

The 50 that remain in gold and black will more than likey be sold at the coinfest in Febuary.

You are more than welcome to altigenman, I believe the sales tables at the event are $200 each :blink:

This got my attention also. The post about tables at the event for $200 was a joke posted by someone, who is not in the IE group, see the smilie. So just forget that comment.

The quote was in reference to the coinfest event in February and it is no joke. If Altigenman wants to sell his coins at coinfest he will need to pay $200 for a sales table.

I just wanted to say again I love my IEcacher.com coin, the price seems fair to me, and that I think he is probably aware of the cost of a table @ coinfest. You have all done great things, individually and collectivley, for the geocaching community in the Inland Empire and thanks!

Cache_twentytwo

If you're gonna help flog a coin at least make sure that your link works, :blink:

Cache_twentytwo

If you're gonna help flog a coin at least make sure that your link works, :blink:

It was such a beautiful coin and he was so proud to be the new owner that he rushed to his computer to activate it.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default.aspx?id=865903

Out caching with Mike today in box springs, he rescued me from school and my mom. Man I'm out of shape.

Delivered my coins to me personally, great guy! I'll be using these as stocking stuffers for all my IEcachers.com friends. Oh crap, know ya know what your gettin.

Mamaloo is the BomB!

Cache_Dude

<_<

:) I just listed more coins on eBay starting at $15.00 guys have fun! :mad:

Mike

I see he just listed a bunch of coins on eBay starting at 15.00, just FYI. :)

Cache_Twentytwo

Thanks Mike!

Wrong again guys you need a real job

Cache_twentytwo is a librairan for the city on Ontario, feel free to stop by and see her at the new library ask for Joan Jordon... Cache_Dude is an 18 year old and lives in Mentone and Joeski and I went with him on the TOT feel free to check that info...

I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS ABOUT COIN SALES.

Mike

iecachers-front.jpg

iecachers-back.jpg

Out caching with Mike today in box springs, he rescued me from school and my mom. Man I'm out of shape.

Delivered my coins to me personally, great guy! I'll be using these as stocking stuffers for all my IEcachers.com friends. Oh crap, know ya know what your gettin.

Mamaloo is the BomB!

Cache_Dude

:santa:

:mad: I just listed more coins on eBay starting at $15.00 guys have fun! :P

Mike

I see he just listed a bunch of coins on eBay starting at 15.00, just FYI. ;)

Cache_Twentytwo

Thanks Mike!

IEcachers.com Geocoin

iecachers-back.jpg

iecachers-front.jpg

LAST CHANCE... ALMOST GONE!

COIN PRICE:

US 11.00 each and 2.00 s/h for orders up to 5 coins

We would love to trade coins although at this time we are not able to.

COIN STATS:

Size: 1.5 inches

Thickness: .25 inches thick

Weight: 1 oz.

Metal: Polished Nickle

Trackable: Yes on Geocaching.com

Engraved on the side “LIMITED EDITION”

Icon: Yes - See below

697.gif

The coins is a fund rasier and profits will go to the IEcachers.com group to put on our local annual event the IE Cache Bash in June

Activation codes: Are shipped with the coin

Please goto www.IEcachers.com to purchase. Paypal and Money Orders Accepted

SHIPPING:

Coins are mailed out the next day in most cases.

Thanks guys, please let me know if you have any other questions

p.s. We also have 11 of the GOLD AND BLACK edtion left... only 50 were made!

This is the same coin, not too many left. I understand it was very expensive for most people so we decided to lower the price a bit on the remaining few. Hopefully, those of you that wanted it but were drawn back by the price can pick one up now.

Thanks for the question, Mike

Just curious if these were the same coins offered about 3 months ago

This is the same coin, not too many left. I understand it was very expensive for most people so we decided to lower the price a bit on the remaining few. Hopefully, those of you that wanted it but were drawn back by the price can pick one up now.

I thought you said these where cheaper :blink: ?

Cheaper, only a few left, who hit the re-play button, anyway?

Alright Shopper you got me, I scrolled back to the top to see if he had quoted himself from a previous post :blink: .

Alright Shopper you got me, I scrolled back to the top to see if he had quoted himself from a previous post :blink: .

:D:D:D

Was turned off by the high cost before and can laugh even harder now at the "discounted" price. Way way over priced.

Was even more soured by the sales technique which seems is already starting in this thread. I guess nothing really has changed other than the date on the post. :rolleyes:

You do realize that had you put these for sale at a normal, slightly above cost price, and came in here respecting the community and their questions, you would have actually sold out the coins. Here it is months later and you still have these coins that we need to hurry to get before they are all gone. Sounds like a bad commercial on Sunday morning at 4 am. At least they offered to double my order at no additional cost if I ordered within the next 24 hours.

Took a little break from sales and we decided to finish up the last of the coins to get ready for the 2007 edition... thanks for the question.

Geez thought you said back in early Jan. only a few left :rolleyes:

Pardon, but there was no break in sales, these were listed a month ago on cointracking,, then a week ago listed again with a price break that was still high. Please be truthfull. "We" "I" watch the coin world as most of us do :rolleyes:

Edited by glennk721

Pardon, but there was no break in sales, these were listed a month ago on cointracking,, then a week ago listed again with a price break that was still high. Please be truthfull. "We" "I" watch the coin world as most of us do :rolleyes:

They've been trying to sell them on ebay everyday also, for $10.99 + 2.00 shipping. They've sold a couple but mostly the auctions end with 0 bids. ((oh and they're auctioning the gold "LE" ones for $22 :rolleyes: .))

To be honest, even if these dropped down to a reasonable price of $8 or $9, I wouldn't be interested. Too much bad history.

Windrose

This coin is a fund raiser. It is a dis-service to the group you are raising funds for to over price it in such a manner. The coin cost less than $5. Had your priced it at $8 or $9 or even $10, you would have sold out and made a nice profit to boot. The fact that you have 11 LEs left is really sad. Most LEs from groups sell out within hours!

There aren't many coins that will make people dig that deep to get one. Your coin, although nice, is not that special. In fact, if I ever see one in someone's collection, I'm going to try to sell them some ocean front property in AZ. Because I know they will buy anything!

This coin is a fund raiser. It is a dis-service to the group you are raising funds for to over price it in such a manner. The coin cost less than $5. Had your priced it at $8 or $9 or even $10, you would have sold out and made a nice profit to boot. The fact that you have 11 LEs left is really sad. Most LEs from groups sell out within hours!

There aren't many coins that will make people dig that deep to get one. Your coin, although nice, is not that special. In fact, if I ever see one in someone's collection, I'm going to try to sell them some ocean front property in AZ. Because I know they will buy anything!

Now your exagerating... We are well into the black on this coin as you can imagine. Everyone has been paid back that loaned the group the money for the coin to be minted. We have donated a number of coins to other organizations as raffel items. The profit from the coin this year will be used to buy banners, trophies, and the balance will be used as seed money for the 2007 IEcachers.com

Mike

Edited by altigenman

They've been trying to sell them on ebay everyday also, for $10.99 + 2.00 shipping. They've sold a couple but mostly the auctions end with 0 bids. ((oh and they're auctioning the gold "LE" ones for $22 :rolleyes: .))

To be honest, even if these dropped down to a reasonable price of $8 or $9, I wouldn't be interested. Too much bad history.

Windrose

I'd pass even if they were sold at cost.

Now your exagerating... We are well into the black on this coin as you can imagine. Everyone has been paid back that loaned the group the money for the coin to be minted. We have donated a number of coins to other organizations as raffel items. The profit from the coin this year will be used to buy banners, trophies, and the balance will be used as seed money for the 2007 IEcachers.com

Mike

So if you are well into the black on this coin, then why are you still (A) trying to sell these coins that 3 months ago we were told were almost gone and wouldn't last more than a few days longer (:rolleyes: trying to break the bank with each order by charging an arm and a leg for them? I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now.

There has been less interest in your coin than in almost anything else released in the past year. You had people from your group come in here just to bump your thread last time. That was a sign of poor sales. Good coins stay at the top on their own.

I was unsure whether this was an actual Geocaching group or more of a small group of friends calling themselves a group before. I remain unsure of this today.

*New coin buyers need to go back and read this thread from the start to see what the huff is all about.

Edited by pghlooking

Hey PGH did I miss something or didn't eartha merge this early this morning? When I go to page 1 it starts in November. I agree, newbies would be wise to read the whole thing before making their decision.

No that was my bad. I didn't realize it had already been merged. Will edit my other post. Thanks HB.

Edited by pghlooking

There is nothing small about our group... Check out the website! We have monthly hikes, meetings, a board of directors... Take a look at the gallery of pics.

Mike aka Altigenman

Mike

So if you are well into the black on this coin, then why are you still (A) trying to sell these coins that 3 months ago we were told were almost gone and wouldn't last more than a few days longer (:rolleyes: trying to break the bank with each order by charging an arm and a leg for them? I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now.

There has been less interest in your coin than in almost anything else released in the past year. You had people from your group come in here just to bump your thread last time. That was a sign of poor sales. Good coins stay at the top on their own.

I was unsure whether this was an actual Geocaching group or more of a small group of friends calling themselves a group before. I remain unsure of this today.

*New coin buyers need to go back and read this thread from the start to see what the huff is all about.