Reduced for a short time... IEcachers.com

altigenman

We did put a couple on ebay this week you might be able to save a dollar or two by buying them over there. One is closing in 4 hours or so.

Altigenman

Save a dollar??? Opening bid is set for $15 and BIN was $21!!! First one sold for $17.01 (3 bids - by ebay standards NOT a HOT SALE). How is one to save a dollar? :P:D

After reading these exchanges I've lost my appetite for this coin.

The OP would do better if the OP would fill in the following blanks and stop saying how well the coins are doing. I also sense an attitude there. If you wish to sell a coin, you need to provide the buyers with some pretty basic information. Not just "hey, they sell". That is very poor merchandising, marketing, and advertising. Fill in these blanks, and answer the multitude of questions you have overlooked up to now. "Silver in color" is a poor answer. If this basic information is not provided, you will not be selling very well in these forums.

Can you say Wyoming? :huh:

Coin Name

{picture}

COIN PRICE:

US {sell price $.$$} each s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds {$.$$} per order.

If there will be sets add an additional line.

US {$.$$} ~set of 4~ s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds $.$$ per order.

Trades will be considered after pre-sales are complete.

COIN STATS:

Size:

Thickness:

Metal: types and quantities

Trackable: yes or no

Icon: Yes or no and sample if available {icon}

Comments: additional commetns that make the coin unique

Activation codes: where will these codes be found

If you are interested in reserving, please send an email to xxx@xxxxx.com

PRE-ORDER email INFORMATION:

Copy and paste this into the email;

Subject: {coin name}

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Quantity per metal:

STEPS UNTIL SHIPPING:

1. Post add in forum for pre-sales

2. Pre-Production Sample posted to forum

3. Invoice those interested

4. Ship coins {possible shipping date}

(thank you, Atwell Family, for sending that template so I could have one handy)

altigenman...Don't do it. Don't give in. Your coins are selling so great without providing any details. Stating the money is going to events that no one here can even begin to fathom (since you are making about $2,000), disregarding any true questions and coming back with short and sweet one liners is cool. This has go to be one of the most original sales techniques I have seen in some time. Sell it your way, just like we are told to let people play the game. Your coins are selling great, what do you have to worry about. 200 coins? Surely they are about all gone at this point. I would raise the price a little since they are becoming scarse, but that's me. You aren't in it for the money, just trying to provide for a needy caching community event. I understand where you are coming from even if the others don't. How many are left right now? have to wiat till payday, but the anticipation is killing me. Both of the kids will be getting these for sure for Christmas. Nothing says the holidays better than a highly priced hard to find gift that they will probably lose interest in by noon.

So seriously, how many are left for sale?

Hey guys, if you would like an accounting of IEcachers.com cache... please email Mamaloo via the geocaching site... she keeps track of the money.

I have emailed Mamaloo twice and asked for an accounting and I have not received a response yet.

if you like it buy it its for a good cause.

And what would that good cause be?

Ok, Ertha I'll get the specs for you on the coin after work tonight... It's roughly 2 inches across and made of polsihed nickel. Limited edition is stamped on the side and the detail work as you can see is great.

I'll also break out the postage scale and get the weight... Type at ya later.

Mike

Finally! You really have done your group a disservice posting this sale in this manner. I hope they are an understanding group. It's taken you 6 days just to tell us you'll have the information tomorrow. I hope you can follow through on that promise. Had you had all of that info up front, you might have sold out, or at least sold some here even with the extravagant pricing. Now, I'm afraid you have soured buyers from this coin altogether with your evasiveness. Since the Wyoming fiasco, people don't like it when important questions are avoided.

IEcachers.com Geocoin

iecachers-back.jpg

iecachers-front.jpg

COIN PRICE:

US 16.00 each and 2.00 s/h for orders up to 5 coins

We would love to trade coins although at this time we are not able to.

COIN STATS:

Size: 1.5 inches

Thickness: .25 inches thick

Weight: 1 oz.

Metal: Polished Nickle

Trackable: Yes on Geocaching.com

Engraved on the side “LIMITED EDITION”

Icon: Yes - See below

697.gif

The coins is a fund rasier and profits will go to the IEcachers.com group to put on our local annual event the IE Cache Bash in June

Activation codes: Are shipped with the coin

Please goto www.IEcachers.com to purchase. Paypal and Money Orders Accepted

SHIPPING:

Coins are mailed out the next day in most cases.

Thanks guys, please let me know if you have any other questions...

Yep, unless you buy more than one.

I have also been delivering them personally to our local cachers to save them the shipping costs. I travel out of our area almost every day to work Orange County, Pomona, and Los Angles and meet other cachers for coffee and coins.

Altigenman

www.IEcachers.com

100 are available at Coin Tracking. Having that many left after as many days as it has been out, tell me that the coin is not selling well at all. But they've made money on the ones they sold.

Most coins minted in this quanity for a group sell out pretty quickly. Had you sold them for $8 or $10, you wouldn't have any left, and you would have pocketed a nice profit.

Edited by MustangJoni

I'm not certain, but I think it's a fundraiser for an event he holds, not for a group. Two very different things.

If that is the case then this text needs to be changed

The coins is a fund rasier and profits will go to the IEcachers.com group to put on our local annual event the IE Cache Bash in June

I donated over $100 worth of trophies to the IECacher.com bash last year. The park is free. Everyone brought potluck food. Where is the $300 in expenses and where are the other events?

There is not much truth or logic behind most anything attached to IE Cachers.com.

Visit www.iecachers.org for the rest of the story.

It's all very confusing as to whether or not this money is actually going into an organized caching group fund or into his personal fund.

There are still some available and we are only selling this limited edition coin of 200 right now.

Mike

www.IEcachers.com

So how many are still available? Also where are the standard version available at since this is the limited edition?

Not really an answer it is?

There are still some available and we are only selling this limited edition coin of 200 right now.

Mike

www.IEcachers.com

So how many are still available? Also where are the standard version available at since this is the limited edition?

Not really an answer it is?

You can't have really expected one.

Anyone else ever hear of a coin series being released that only had a limited edition? Sounds like someone didn't do their homework as to what a standard versus limited edition are and decided to use the cooler sounding name in hopes to generate more sales. Of course we will never know how many coins are left. SHHhhhhh It's a secret!

altigenman: For future reference it is common practice to release the standard coin either with or before the limited dition coin. Personally it sounds to me like there isn't even a standard coin, and you have yet to state anything to rebut that. Feel free to open up a little more and explain if this is just a ploy to sell these at a higher prce or in in fact there is a stanard coin at a much lower cost out there.

This is the most absurd marketing strategy I have ever witnessed. Where is the rest of this Inland Empire group? How many are in the group? Are they even watching this thread? You would think someone else would have stepped in and taken this over by now to assure better sales and representation. I'm sorry but this reeks of disorganization. Either you can truthfully answer these questions about your product, or you can keep on losing any business from the knowledgable coin buyers in this community. Once burned, twice shy. Saving $1 on ebay is not much of a savings.

To further question what Earta has brought up, did the other cachers in this "group" know of the coin before it was made? Did the have a hand in making and designing it?

This has the feel of one renegde cacher using a groups name for their own purposes. Who are the leaders of this group so that they might be able to shed some light onto this coin that this person doesn't seem willing to do.

To further question what Earta has brought up, did the other cachers in this "group" know of the coin before it was made? Did the have a hand in making and designing it?

This has the feel of one renegde cacher using a groups name for their own purposes. Who are the leaders of this group so that they might be able to shed some light onto this coin that this person doesn't seem willing to do.

There is a small thread on the iecachers.com board and it appears as if at least two people had a hand in the making of the coin.

There is also another thread on iecachers.org that seems to be having a chuckle at the angst that altigenman is receiving on this thread. I have no idea who iecachers.com and iecachers.org are and why there are two groups that seem to serve the same geographical area. Seems odd, was there was some kind of falling out that occurred?

Oh, looks as if iecachers.com has another thread where numbers are discussed about this coin. Even though I'm not buying this coin, this thread ( on iecachers.com ) is disturbing as it seems to suggest that the 200 silver coins are being "called" limited and the 50 gold "ultra limited" ... where are the "regular" ones? :

Well looks like a few more orders have come in for the silver I.E. Cacher geocoins... I'm not sure what were going to charge for the ultra limited edition gold coins yet, well talk about that at the Travel Bug Awards Event. We will also sell them at the coin release event that is planned but not posted yet.

Edited by nicolo

I guess there is a reaason the site is a .com site with these prices. They come off as a serious buisness, a poorly run one, but a buisness anyways. I havn't read the threads on their site yet since you have to be a member and such. Seems like too many hoops to jump through to see what they have if all is on the up and up. I guess they need to do this for security purposes with the money they are raking in.

The coins were designed by Oakcoins after we had a meeting of avid coin collectors in our group and talked about what we would like them to look like physically and also what we would like to have on them.

After that we had a slogan contest where we recieved around a hundred slogans then voted on the best one for the coin. The winner of the slogan contest was MandysMom and recieved a free geocoin.

There were 200 coins minted in silver and black and we will never have any additional coins made in this series. There are still some coins left but we had our biggest day of selling them yesterday maybe around 90 or so left... Not going to count them...

The 50 that remain in gold and black will more than likey be sold at the coinfest in Febuary.

The other site was a spinnoff of a our group after a falling out with a member so there are some hard feelings. You can read a ton about that online its been talked about to death, I don't know why they didn't choose an original name. Our group was started in August 05 and they are a couple of months old.

Did I get all the questions? Thanks guys...

Mike

Edited by altigenman

First of all, I thought we were to respect each other and not make derogatory remarks or flame others. Must be my misunderstanding of the guidelines. So I guess it doesn't matter what is said about others anymore. While it appears that the original poster does not have much experience in the field of selling coins, he has answered quite a few questions regarding these coins. But the solution is quite clear, if you don't want one don't buy it. Pghlooking, you have been burned in another thread with your investigative tactics that have backfired. Before you make any more assumptions why don't you give him a chance to respond, if a responsive is required.

As for the comment, twice bitten once shy. The Wyoming coin is the only coin that really has caused a bad taste in my mouth. You can charge any amount you want for a coin, if there are people willing to spend it than the profit is for the seller. The problem is with the buyers not the sellers. If no one buys the coin, the price comes down.

LadeBear68: You clearly do not know what you are talking about. I have choosen on another coin to remain silent. That thread was closed BEFORE I had a chance to respond. I didn't feel the need to start a new thread with the rest of the facts and information directly from the foundation in question. So before you open your mouth about it, you might want to know all the facts, which you clearly do not.

I have asked questions directly pertaining to this coin and have been 100% on topic. I have made no personal attacks or accussations on this coin or in this thread, at any point. I have asked questions and stated my personal beliefs as to the coin, which last time I checked was still allowed unless you personally have changed the rules and laws governing this. I do personally feel this is a buisnesss move with a coin being priced at $16 a piece and using a .com site as their host. Last I heard the .com stood for something like commercial, or at least something like that. I could be mistaken but that tends to lead me to believe it is a buisness. You have now taken it to a personal level and attacked me. I am not the only person in this thread questioning the coin or the sales methods. In fact there has even been a MOD or two doing the same, so why the personal attacks at me? You have choosen to single me and my posts out and try to attack me which you yourself even stated was against the forum guidelines. How you won't get a timeout for this is beyond me. I know if it was me doing it I would get the timeout. Maybe you could actually try posting about the coin instead of me next time.

Actually most of my post wasn't directed at you. Nor was I accusing you of the lack of respect. The only part about that post that was directed to you was your questioning and assumptions of the seller. You know exactly which topic I am referring to and the comments that were made by the moderator regarding that specific coin.

You may also see my statement that if you aren't happy with the price of the coins don't buy them. If people continue to pay high prices for geocoins, the prices are only going to go up.

Edited by LadeBear68

Actually most of my post wasn't directed at you. Nor was I accusing you of the lack of respect. The only part about that post that was directed to you was your questioning and assumptions of the seller. You know exactly which topic I am referring to and the comments that were made by the moderator regarding that specific coin.

You may also see my statement that if you aren't happy with the price of the coins don't buy them. If people continue to pay high prices for geocoins, the prices are only going to go up.

When you put my name in the post, yes it is directed at me. That makes it a personal attack and makes it something against the guidelines you yourself were posting about. You are the one out of line and off topic here. I have no clue why you feel you must go after me in this thread, but you are way out of line and need to back off.

Your logic about the prices being high will be shown by the number of buyers is boring and repetative. We all know that. but still we tend to discuss the coin which is well within our rights. Repeating the same thing over and over has become very mundane at this point.

Clearly there have been quite a few of us discussing this coin and making some similar judgements and assumptions, yet you choose me to single out and attack. You even go as faras to bring other closed topics up in which you have half the facts and try to use them to make personal attacks with. That is just sad and malicious. You are way out of line.

You two should email each other in private... acting this way in public doesn't look good.

Altigenman :P

www.IEcachers.com

When you put my name in the post, yes it is directed at me. That makes it a personal attack and makes it something against the guidelines you yourself were posting about. You are the one out of line and off topic here. I have no clue why you feel you must go after me in this thread, but you are way out of line and need to back off.

Your logic about the prices being high will be shown by the number of buyers is boring and repetative. We all know that. but still we tend to discuss the coin which is well within our rights. Repeating the same thing over and over has become very mundane at this point.

Clearly there have been quite a few of us discussing this coin and making some similar judgements and assumptions, yet you choose me to single out and attack. You even go as faras to bring other closed topics up in which you have half the facts and try to use them to make personal attacks with. That is just sad and malicious. You are way out of line.

Yes, if the two of you want to go back and forth, please do so privately. I will warn you both however that by using the communication tools on this site you are still expected to act within the guidelines.

Keep the discussions on topic. THis coin and it's price. Not any other coin. Got it?

You two should email each other in private... acting this way in public doesn't look good.

Altigenman :P

Altigenman - based on your posts in this thread, you are not really in a position to tell others what does and does not look good in public posts.

There were 200 coins minted in silver and black and we will never have any additional coins made in this series. There are still some coins left but we had our biggest day of selling them yesterday maybe around 90 or so left... Not going to count them...

The 50 that remain in gold and black will more than likey be sold at the coinfest in Febuary.

Are the 50 in gold and black the limited edition?

The other site was a spinnoff of a our group after a falling out with a member so there are some hard feelings.

The spinoff was after you booted members off your Yahoo Group. Yes there were hard feelings and you answered questions back then about as truthfully as you are answering them on this thread.

I don't know why they didn't choose an original name. Our group was started in August 05 and they are a couple of months old.

I have been caching in the Inland Empire since July 2003. We were calling ourselves the IE Cachers long before you ever joined geocaching and before you ever started IECachers on Yahoo Groups and before you started IECachers.com.

Did I get all the questions?

You got them all and answered a few.

The questions and answers tend to get lost... and then repeated in here... Lots of activity though.

repeated becuase they don't get answered.

There are 2 leaders of IECachers.com. They are Mamaloo (Katy) and Altigenman. They have a few loyal followers and the coin sale profits seem to benefit Altigenman and Mamaloo. They keep their Yahoo Group private and many cachers from the Inland Empire are not allowed on the forums at IECachers.com

IECachers.org was started by James aka "Mr. Wisearse" as an free flow of information alternative to Mike & Katys IECachers Yahoo Group.

Ok, this thread is now on my "about to get shut down" list - and it's a short list.

It's been made clear that there are issues or questions about the "group" selling this coin, how and when they formed, who the profits are going to, etc.

The OP had his time to promote his coin.

Others have had thier time to challenge the cost and the background of ie.cachers.com.

Everybody has had thier chance to speak, so any future posts will need to stay on topic for sales of the coin.

If there is NEW information about the coin sale, the OP may post it here. No shameless bumps.

If there are buyers who purchased who want to say "got it, I like it", feel free.

If tehre are questions about the coins, post them here.

No more bickering about what has/hasn't happened on other sites, groups, meetings, events, etc.

Oh, and you all get coal for Christmas if you keep it up. :laughing:

With all do respect, isn't some of the issues of the group directly related and very relavant to this coin? Shouldn't people here know if this is a true open geocaching group or nothing more than a small group of friends using a group name and making nothing but a big false statement. While I don't know which is the case, I definately think it should be brought to light before we allow people to buy a coin. We should know if it isn't from a legit group but rather 2 people pretending instead, or if it is a legit group. Based on the OP's attitude I have had more questions each time he "trys" to answer one. I don't mean or wish for this to be OT at all and appoligize if you feel it is, but there are questions about the coin (ie who is behind it(group or individuals), who is producing it(group or individual), where is the money going, etc) that need to be answered for people to make an educated choice as to whether they wish to buy it or not. There needs to be a little room for lateral movement here without the fear of "my next question could be my last before I get a time out" stigma hanging over each of our heads. Based on the responses in this thread I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.

To keep this as on topic as I can. I have a few questions directly related to the coin. Is the 50 Uber Limited Editons part of the 200 or in addition to the Limited Edition. i asked a while back and never heard anything from the people behind the coin about the standard edition. I would have thought that would have been the first released as is the norm. If the money is going to the group for events, is there a way for people to see where their money went or is this just a blanket "trust us" thing?