Reduced for a short time... IEcachers.com

altigenman

Hey everyone, I'm so proud that IEcachers.com has just put out our first coin! They arrived yesterday and look fantastic... I feel like a proud new papa! :blink:

I haven't collected coins but it looks like a new coin collector was born last night. This might get addicting!

Altigenman

WWW.IEcachers.com

IEcacher.com

Edited by altigenman

Hey everyone, I'm so proud that IEcachers.com has just put out our first coin! They arrived yesterday and look fantastic... I feel like a proud new papa! :laughing:

I haven't collected coins but it looks like a new coin collector was born last night. This might get addicting!

Altigenman

WWW.IEcachers.com

IEcacher.com

Congrats! Looks like a beautiful coin (although a bit bigger photo from a better angle would make it easier to tell) :blink:

Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

Beautiful coin even with the small photo but just looked at cost,

I.E. Cacher Geocoing

Silver and Black I.E. Cacher Trackable Geocoin

price: $16.00

Thats steep, I wish you well with your venture and new addiction :laughing: but I will have to definatly pass on this one due to cost regretfully, :blink: as it looks to be a beautiful coin. Glenn

Go to the website and click on the photo. It brings up another section with the details along with the price in a dark text on a black background so it's a bit hard to see. After plunking down your hard earned on a few of these, head on over to http://www.ferrariusa.com/home.php and pick up a couple of these, too :laughing:

Ordered the ferrari, nowI can't afford any coins! :blink:

You beat me to it! :laughing:

Is it the first of April?

Go to the website and click on the photo. It brings up another section with the details along with the price in a dark text on a black background so it's a bit hard to see. After plunking down your hard earned on a few of these, head on over to http://www.ferrariusa.com/home.php and pick up a couple of these, too :laughing:

Ordered the ferrari, nowI can't afford any coins! :blink:

I was just kiddin' - My little pony would get jealous!

What is up with these prices - First a micro for $9 now a regular size coin for $16! Man, I'm going to have to stop collecting!

Thank goodness for places like Hogwild Stuff who make coins and sell them for a reasonable price!

Until you can show me where it says "trackable on www.geocaching.com" for this coin, this thread is closed. Your site is too hard for people to navigate and required me to log in, and you have given no information. Email me or PM me through my profile and give me details if this is trackable on www.geocaching.com and if it is we can re-open this thread.

Thank you to gridlox, for providing the necessary information on this coin. It is trackable on www.geocaching.com and so I am re-opening this thread.

Here is the final artwork that was submitted to the IEcachers group for approval, any changes will have to be posted by the coin producers:

iecachers_geocoin_Revised_09-17-06.jpg

Go to the website and click on the photo. It brings up another section with the details along with the price in a dark text on a black background so it's a bit hard to see. After plunking down your hard earned on a few of these, head on over to http://www.ferrariusa.com/home.php and pick up a couple of these, too :blink:

Ordered the ferrari, nowI can't afford any coins! :laughing:

A good friend of mine bought an Aston Martin a few months back. They went to his office with a portfolio so he would pick out the color scheme.

crazy

Hey all, I just uploaded some new larger pictures of the IEcacher.com coin. That little one was kinda hard to see. I couldn't find the original topic I started, so I started a new one, sorry.

It is a limited first edition coin in silver and black with engraved sides and is really beautiful! Oh yea, this coin has a unique icon, a footprint of course, and is trackable on geocaching

p1157758167.jpg

Unfortunatly we arn't able to trade coins at this time because of the cost of manufacturning. The profits on this coin will be used to put on our 3rd annual event in June the IE Cache Bash. Our little group in the IE has been growning by leaps and bounds so we all pooled our money to get this coin minted.

Altigenman

Edited by altigenman

Its a little steep I know... For a good cause though. We spend around 300 bucks on the one event alone.

Mike

Is that price real? :unsure::huh::ph34r: That's quite high, even for a limited edition coin, especially with shipping added :) We used to live in Riverside, and would like one of these, but at that price, I just can't rationalize it, unfortunately. I can't help but wonder if you got over-charged.

Thats Ok... Thanks for the input. Hopefully we will have some left at the coinfest in Temecula. You could pick up one there and save on the shipping. Mike

Beautiful coin even with the small photo but just looked at cost,

I.E. Cacher Geocoing

Silver and Black I.E. Cacher Trackable Geocoin

price: $16.00

Thats steep, I wish you well with your venture and new addiction :unsure: but I will have to definatly pass on this one due to cost regretfully, :ph34r: as it looks to be a beautiful coin. Glenn

Well the are selling pretty well... The coin is beautiful. I just sent out an email on our form at IEcachers.com and was asking everyone their opionion on the price.

:unsure:

I agree with the others in that the price is rather high. You're gonna have to do quite the sales job on folks in order to convince them it is worth the asking price.

Thank you for merging the thread! New to this.

Well the are selling pretty well... The coin is beautiful. I just sent out an email on our form at IEcachers.com and was asking everyone their opionion on the price.

:unsure:

I agree with the others in that the price is rather high. You're gonna have to do quite the sales job on folks in order to convince them it is worth the asking price.

I do love the coin, and do like to support groups putting on events. But $16 is out of my limit. My top price would be about $10. I think most coins are making a nice profit at $7, so I don't mind supporting a group event (even if I'm not going!). But $16, is past my limit.

I do wish you the best of luck, and I really do love the coin!

And if anyone buys an extra - I can trade you two of my $7.50 coins for one!

Edited by MustangJoni

Thank you

I do love the coin, and do like to support groups putting on events. But $16 is out of my limit. My top price would be about $10. I think most coins are making a nice profit at $7, so I don't mind supporting a group event (even if I'm not going!). But $16, is past my limit.

I do wish you the best of luck, and I really do love the coin!

So how much profit could they be making?

I did a little analysis based on my experience i used the following formula

(base price + $1.25 per coin for 2" + $1.50 per coin for tracking + $150 for Icon + $40 for 3D)

--[costs are based on estimates from personalgeocoins]--

I come up with the following:

For 100 coin at a base of $395 for a total cost of $860 the coins would cost $8.60 each. If they sold all at $16 each there would be a profit of $740. This assumes they actually bought 250 tracking number so they can get the icon but I am not adding the extra for the trackin numbers into the cost.

Assuming they want to stick the initial buyer for the total cost of tracing this would bring the total cost to $1085 and they would only make a profit of $515.

For 300 coin at a base of 875 for a total cost of 1890 the coins would cost $6.30 each. If they sold all at $16 each there would be a profit of $2910.

I have no problem with making some profit off a coin but how much is to much? For me this one is too much.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

We paid around $1500.00 dollars for the coins plus the Geocaching fees... Still selling pleanty... Get them before they are all gone! The icon doesn't appear by the coin yet but they assure me that they are working on it.

Mike

So how much profit could they be making?

I did a little analysis based on my experience i used the following formula

(base price + $1.25 per coin for 2" + $1.50 per coin for tracking + $150 for Icon + $40 for 3D)

--[costs are based on estimates from personalgeocoins]--

I come up with the following:

For 100 coin at a base of $395 for a total cost of $860 the coins would cost $8.60 each. If they sold all at $16 each there would be a profit of $740. This assumes they actually bought 250 tracking number so they can get the icon but I am not adding the extra for the trackin numbers into the cost.

Assuming they want to stick the initial buyer for the total cost of tracing this would bring the total cost to $1085 and they would only make a profit of $515.

For 300 coin at a base of 875 for a total cost of 1890 the coins would cost $6.30 each. If they sold all at $16 each there would be a profit of $2910.

I have no problem with making some profit off a coin but how much is to much? For me this one is too much.

Team Sand Dollar

$16.00

I'm <almost> speechless. This is what happens when buyers support higher priced coins, though. First it was $8.00 is OK, then $10.00, then $13.95....then $16.00.

It's not all that suprising to see sellers pushing the limits to maximize what they can get.

Passing.

It's cause they so beautiful... :huh:

Mike

$16.00

I'm <almost> speechless. This is what happens when buyers support higher priced coins, though. First it was $8.00 is OK, then $10.00, then $13.95....then $16.00.

It's not all that suprising to see sellers pushing the limits to maximize what they can get.

Passing.

Its a little steep I know... For a good cause though. We spend around 300 bucks on the one event alone.

Mike

We spent over $500 on each of our events this year, (there were three), out of our pockets, and only charged $ 7-8 per coin. Granted, they weren't trackable, and weren't out of some fancy metal or other, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. They sold like hotcackes.

Sorry, your reasoning for such a high price doesn't wash.

It's cause they so beautiful... :huh:

Mike

Beauty aside...making BIG bucks to host an event that costs MUCH less doesn't add up!! The coin is nice...I'll agree...but come on...It's NOT that beautiful!! Host an event because you love the sport or whatever...not to profit from others coming to the event (or from sales promoting the event). I didn't realize we were in this sport for a profit!! :huh:

I too wish you luck...but I hope others will pass as well since those paying that kind of price makes it hard for others to have ours made at a reasonable price.

We paid around $1500.00 dollars for the coins plus the Geocaching fees... Still selling pleanty... Get them before they are all gone! The icon doesn't appear by the coin yet but they assure me that they are working on it.

Mike

If you remove the GC fees from the cost of the coins in my equation I come up with $585 for 100 coins, $855 for 200 coins, $1065 for 300 coins, $1615 for 500 coins. So unless you are getting between 400 and 500 coins and can not figure why you are spending so much. Plus the more coin the cheaper they are and the more profit.

Team Sand Dollar

I think this thread would have went a little better if you would have added in the begining that all profits are going to your group that way every body does not think you are just trying to get rich quick.

Yes, we would hate to see anyone get rich off coins.

We spent over $500 on each of our events this year, (there were three), out of our pockets, and only charged $ 7-8 per coin. Granted, they weren't trackable, and weren't out of some fancy metal or other, but that didn't seem to bother anyone. They sold like hotcackes.

Sorry, your reasoning for such a high price doesn't wash.

So you are charging the same price as a trackable coin for a non-trackable coin?

Edited by LadeBear68