Cool Sig Items (CSI)

I showed that to my daughter, Little Bear. She wants to do that now.

I use this for the cord. Roughly 1' per keychain, or 75 keychains per roll. Then I order the beads from these folks buying only the letters I need. Typically 90 of each letter. The split rings I get from Wally World. I've also ordered pewter beads from these guys, and made a keychain with our team name on it.

Tell Little Bear "Good Luck!". :rolleyes:

I use this for the cord. Roughly 1' per keychain, or 75 keychains per roll. Then I order the beads from these folks buying only the letters I need. Typically 90 of each letter. The split rings I get from Wally World. I've also ordered pewter beads from these guys, and made a keychain with our team name on it.

Tell Little Bear "Good Luck!". :unsure:

Tell Little Bear "Good Luck!". :unsure:

Those keychains are awesome! I had something like that in college, but never even thought about it for this. And I'm already a member of Tandy's "Wholesale Club" so I'll get an even cheaper price! Excellant idea...hmm, maybe I can think of something else unique from Tandy... :rolleyes:

<snip to save space>

Just started turning small fridge magnets using RE magnets to hold everything in place and I have left the spoon ring at several caches.

how did you make the spoon ring? it is really quite neat. it is difficult requiring expensive man tools?

rsg

Cut the tines or spoon end off - grind or file a slight radius on the cut end. Bending the loop for the split ring is the hardest part (with heavy stainless) - heat to cherry red using a blow torch, shape & pound a loop around a screwdriver (held in a vise) then buff to a shine. Cheap silverware can be shaped with a hammer but the one pictured MUST be heated (far too thick for simple hand tools)

Long forks work better the one pictured above is just under 4". Now I could tell you where to get your "stock" but I plead the 5th :D

What do people think of the custom wooden nickel Sig as a trade item? I personally like them, and was thinking of getting my own. But would they be regarded as too "cheap" an item? I'm still pretty clueless on good trade items that don't cost a fortune in the long run.

Wooden nickel Sig as a trade item? Too "cheap" an item?

Not at all. With a well done nickle the value is in the artwork.

We are going to have our 10-year-old daughter design and make our wooden nickel sig items. She's tickled pink that we trust her with this important task!

Not at all. With a well done nickle the value is in the artwork.

I'm currently vectorizing a photo of a GPS satellite, if it scales down well enough it might make nice art for one side of a coin. I also am planning on seeing how a nice rubber stamp could look, stamp a blank, a little hand coloring or embossing maybe. It could be vastly cheaper then buying them custom.