garmin iQue 3600 and cachemate

hello everybody,

i own a garmin iQue 3600. i successfully downloaded cachemate to the unit, as well as, all of the databases that i had saved. now the question is...how do i get those waypoints to transfer to map data. what im wanting to do is use the the gps function of the iQue in the same way i would use my etrex, however, the owners manual states that waypoints are addresses in the address book and there is nothing further mentioned about actually downloading gps waypoints.

does anyone have any idea how i might be able to do this???

basically, how do i convert my cachemate databases to an address file for the address book in order to upload those databases???

best regards

archie

You need to install the iQue plugin that comes with Cachemate to the iQue. The file is called "iQueMapping.prc" and can be found in the Cachemate ZIP file. Just double click on it to add it to the next hotsync.

Once installed, there is a box labelled "Map" on each cache page and a box labelled "Ex" on the list page. Both of these export caches to the address book.

I would suggest also installing "Wayque" as it is quite a bit better than the address book for turning waypoints on and off and deleting them.

Another useful application is "Brightique" for automatically controlling the backlight.

Go on over to these forums for links to software and more information