Oldest TB

tollerdudes

I figured the best way to find a really old bug would be to start at the beginning, so I checked Jeremy's profile, and his oldest bug that is still traveling is one in a series released back in 2001, called Deadly Duck: Gluttony It looks as though it has made its way home too!

395_400.jpg

Of the 7 in the series, that one is alive and tucked away, one has been in the hands of another cacher since 10/29/02, 3 are marked missing, 1 is in a cache, but last logged in 2004, and one is in Jeremy's inventory.

This doesn't mean it's the oldest, but it has to be close.

I figured the best way to find a really old bug would be to start at the beginning, so I checked Jeremy's profile, and his oldest bug that is still traveling is one in a series released back in 2001, called Deadly Duck: Gluttony It looks as though it has made its way home too!

395_400.jpg

Of the 7 in the series, that one is alive and tucked away, one has been in the hands of another cacher since 10/29/02, 3 are marked missing, 1 is in a cache, but last logged in 2004, and one is in Jeremy's inventory.

This doesn't mean it's the oldest, but it has to be close.

Confession time!

I have Devil Duck: Lust..... Somewhere.....I hope. It is my worst ever TB failure. Misplaced... then found... then lost/misplaced.... found again while moving and now...... Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe lost. Maybe misplaced. I'm hoping it's somewhere in my massive storage unit. I enlisted some help to pack up and all I can think is it's in there somewhere. :laughing:

It inadvertantly got dropped into my cache, The Distance, and I didn't have the number to pick it back up. It stayed in my inventory for years as a badge of shame and a reminder. I would pick it back up into my inventory if I could.

If I ever find it, I'm going to throw an event for it and mail it back to Jeremy.

I've never outright lost a tb. I've misplaced several and always got them going again with apologies.

I'm gonna be needing the $200 a month I spend on that unit when the Snooglet arrives and I've been selling what I can and giving/throwing away what I can't. I'm not gonna give up on DD: Lust until I'm through with that storage unit.

Oh the shame. :(

Confession time!

I have Devil Duck: Lust..... Somewhere.....I hope. It is my worst ever TB failure. Misplaced... then found... then lost/misplaced.... found again while moving and now...... Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe lost. Maybe misplaced. I'm hoping it's somewhere in my massive storage unit. I enlisted some help to pack up and all I can think is it's in there somewhere. :(

It inadvertantly got dropped into my cache, The Distance, and I didn't have the number to pick it back up. It stayed in my inventory for years as a badge of shame and a reminder. I would pick it back up into my inventory if I could.

If I ever find it, I'm going to throw an event for it and mail it back to Jeremy.

I've never outright lost a tb. I've misplaced several and always got them going again with apologies.

I'm gonna be needing the $200 a month I spend on that unit when the Snooglet arrives and I've been selling what I can and giving/throwing away what I can't. I'm not gonna give up on DD: Lust until I'm through with that storage unit.

Oh the shame. :D

Confession feels good doesn't it? :laughing: Now you'll have 15-20 people watching it for when you drop it off, LOL!

How far is the furthest a TB has traveled total? And what is the longest one trip distance?

I'll start you off on the longest one trip distance. My 'Molly' Milk Cow TB18ZK2 got a bump from her first cache where I dropped her. She went to a German megaevent for a total trip of 5055.3 miles. I am sure there are further but I figured I would set the bar at 5000 miles.

That last cacher's logs are strange: "Just a card, no dogtag or other 3D attachment". What does that mean? How did they figure out a tracking number?

That was also mentioned by an earlier finder, right after a ten-month gap. My guess is that the owner decided the bug was lost and released a laminated card with the tracking number as a replacement. I moved one of those a few months ago, and no one has seen fit to move it since. I think that says most people think it's a lame practice.

Edward

There are plenty of bugs that have been re-released with a copy tag and they move along just fine. So no, most people do not think it is a lame practice.

But re-released without a copy tag, just a laminated card with the tracking number? And the card is a photocopy of a geocoin?

Edward

No sorry, not coins. Travel bugs.

Bugs aren't pretty, sought after things. They walk the back roads and remote caches. No icons and no shiny, just a mission to keep on keeping on.

Edited by BlueDeuce