DeLorme GPS PN-20

You'll find lots of help regarding PN-20 on the DeLorme Forums. People are helpful and knowledgeable.

http://forum.delorme.com/.

Note: The battery will go in with the two metal disks towards the top and the hollow portion facing down. I place the top in at an angle then force the back into place. Be sure to have the pull ribbon under the battery or you'll have a hard time removing it.

Also: there was a batch of bad batterys. Contact Delorme Support and they'll send you a new one, if you can't get yours to power up..

Just curious. Didn't it come with instructions?

Not that I could find. I got the deluxe kit, so I had tons of documentation. It was probably hiding somewhere. I just got it 2 days ago and hoped they bad batteries were a thing of the past. It seemed to have charged OK. Was the only symtom that they wouldn't work?

Edited by Centex Trekker

My Li-ion appeared to take a charge on the external charger, but the screen on the GPS flashed for the briefest of moments when I installed it and tried to power on. A voltmeter (or the ol' tip of the tongue to the terminals) will tell you if you actually have a charge in the battery or not. I'm guessing not; I think it's a matter of charging successfully as opposed to making proper contact with the GPS.

Delorme sent a replacement as soon as I called. They actually sent an entire new travel pack.