DEAF Geocacher in alaska

deafnut

I don't beleive it at all.

Look at the log for this one "find"...he claims to have found it but didn't sign the log at all...and will return later to sign?

Mind you, this is only hours after people responded not in the way he might have wanted in his request. Most said they didn't trust anyone with zero finds/hides...now all of a sudden he has a find...but with no log signature?

Someone up there in Alaska should verify this.

Sounds shady to me.

ETA: I have never met a deaf person yet that parades around that they are deaf...seems odd he does.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Look at the log for this one "find"...he claims to have found it but didn't sign the log at all...and will return later to sign?

Mind you, this is only hours after people responded not in the way he might have wanted in his request. Most said they didn't trust anyone with zero finds/hides...now all of a sudden he has a find...but with no log signature?

Sounds shady to me.

hey suree i will prove to you tmw because i have donee this 3 time with my group and i make big misktas so i am not get other bad change that why i came to chck it out and know where it is then i will trade with my deaf group and maybe it will be the frist geocaching knowleage that they can share to their family and it make and look good on geocaching.com maybe we will expore to other deaf to check website out and geocaching.com will have deaf and hearing sport..... Sorry but i will do this often so to make sure i know where it is and then i will report so that way i know where !!!!

Edited by deafhunt

Sounds shady to me.

hey suree i will prove to you tmw because i have donee this 3 time with my group and i make big misktas so i am not get other bad change that why i came to chck it out and know where it is then i will trade with my deaf group and maybe it will be the frist geocaching knowleage that they can share to their family and it make and look good on geocaching.com maybe we will expore to other deaf to check website out and geocaching.com will have deaf and hearing sport..... Sorry but i will do this often so to make sure i know where it is and then i will report so that way i know where !!!!

Now i am on my way to there and trade and sign it !!!!!

Sounds shady to me.

I agree. After, reading the previous forum topics deafhunt started ALL I CAN SAY is wow...

At least he is attempting to buy, He is post #546 Announcing a Coin for the Community!, Would you like to be included?

Steel City Babes #8

Sounds shady to me.

iw ill buy one

I agree. After, reading the previous forum topics deafhunt started ALL I CAN SAY is wow...

At least he is attempting to buy, He is post #546 Announcing a Coin for the Community!, Would you like to be included?

Steel City Babes #8

His forum Does say that he has the Lackey coin and has him as owner. THAT was quick since it was dated March 9, 2007.

Wait a second...he was begging for free coins yesterday but took ownership of a scarce coin that very day?

Hey I read other message thaat someone did send mee on my email so i took back the beg and now i am plan to buy one so i am still neew... and age 20

His forum Does say that he has the Lackey coin and has him as owner. THAT was quick since it was dated March 9, 2007.

Wait a second...he was begging for free coins yesterday but took ownership of a scarce coin that very day?

Do you know who send me that coin.... GO MAD AT THAT Rothstafari He set up on that website and gavee to me and turn that coin his to my because he was impress that i set up at youtube.com at deaf geocaching so ... i am very happy.

I DID FOUND THE FRIST CACHE I WAS SO HAPPY AND FRIST DEAF GEOCACHER IN ALASKA !!!!! WHOOOOOO YEA BABY :ph34r::laughing:

Hey I read other message thaat someone did send mee on my email so i took back the beg and now i am plan to buy one so i am still neew... and age 20

Do you know who send me that coin.... GO MAD AT THAT Rothstafari He set up on that website and gavee to me and turn that coin his to my because he was impress that i set up at youtube.com at deaf geocaching so ... i am very happy.

Please, PLEASE tell me english is not your native language......

I DID FOUND THE FRIST CACHE I WAS SO HAPPY AND FRIST DEAF GEOCACHER IN ALASKA !!!!! WHOOOOOO YEA BABY :ph34r::laughing:

not me it that supind laptop it cause error

Great job!! Geocaching is a great sport to be involved in, hearing or deaf.

I DID FOUND THE FRIST CACHE I WAS SO HAPPY AND FRIST DEAF GEOCACHER IN ALASKA !!!!! WHOOOOOO YEA BABY :ph34r:;)

Mopar,

I will try to tread gently here, but English is probably not his native language - American Sign Language may be. And ASL is a conceptual language that when typed out into English would look very much like these posts here. Actually, the fact that deafhunt types like that makes me think most assuredly he is a Deaf person.

And DEAFHUNT? GREAT FOR YOU FINDING COIN! I HOPE YOU ENJOY CACHING EVERY-DAY!!

No, AMSLAN is his native language. Deafhunt, welcome to geocaching and to geocoin collecting! You might want to write to our friends here in Austin, TX, DeafDillos (Richard and Natalie), and ask them about their experiences with learning to geocache. They are coin collectors, too.

No, AMSLAN is his native language. Deafhunt, welcome to geocaching and to geocoin collecting! You might want to write to our friends here in Austin, TX, DeafDillos (Richard and Natalie), and ask them about their experiences with learning to geocache. They are coin collectors, too.

THANK you ya'll for support i bet there better way in future.

Please, PLEASE tell me kindness is not your greatest attribute......

I still don't trust this character...something just doesn't feel right.

None of the deaf people I know have problems writing correctly. Heck, the blind guy I know types better. Guess they must be special.

I'm with Arthur & Trillian.

hey sorry what happen maybe if you may know me more. i aM VEERY SORRY about what i say three day ago.....

WE need to encourage anybody and everybody who wants to cache. After all, it IS a GREAT hobbyand past time!! Maybe he can start to buy some of his own coins once he realizes how fun both are (you know :ph34r: caching, buying and/ or collecting coins!!)

Okay... Lemme get this straight... about what you are saying here... You seem to be saying that we should encourge sock puppets and trolls?

:blink::ph34r:

Okay... Lemme get this straight... about what you are saying here... You seem to be saying that we should encourge sock puppets and trolls?

:blink::ph34r:

I would be intersted in knowing how you came to your conclusion that deafhunt was a troll or a sockpuppet? It is very clear to me that he is a young man who is deaf and he has discovered geocaching. Did you see that oleruns has Discovered his lackey geocoin? Perhaps oleruns is a sock puppet as well. :ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Here is a link to the YouTube video that caused Rothstafari to give deafhunt a Groundspeak lackey Geocoin. deafhunt actually owns his Groundspeak Lackey Geocoin as well, I am certain he is not aware that owning that Lackey geocoin is very unusual.

Deaf Geocaching on Youtube

Edited by wavector

Everyone hear who knows that Deafhunter is not deaf raise your hands. I have no idea how a deaf persons posts are supposed to look and neither do the rest of you. So unless someone has some real proof as opposed to subjective opinion then there is no point to some of the comments that have been made.

This reminds me of someone I knew who was blind and was always amused when people asked him why he didn't wear sunglasses like blind people in the movies and TV. Whats Deafhunter supposed to do walk around in earmuffs to prove he is deaf.

Deafhunter welcome to Geocaching I can assure that the posts on this forum in no way represent the majority of the people who Geoache. A good place to start would be with a local Geoaching group in your area. Keep an eye out for event caches they are a great way to meet people.

Edited by magellan315

Sock puppet with a premium membership? I think not.

Sure...you know...it's only $3 a month...

Besides...look at it this way, y'all...

This person has been a member since May 2006 and has just gotten around to "finding" a cache and begging for coins?

Come on, now...

:lol::blink:

I would be intersted in knowing how you came to your conclusion that deafhunt was a troll or a sockpuppet? It is very clear to me that he is a young man who is deaf and he has discovered geocaching. Did you see that oleruns has Discovered his lackey geocoin? Perhaps oleruns is a sock puppet as well. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Here is a link to the YouTube video that caused Rothstafari to give deafhunt a Groundspeak lackey Geocoin. deafhunt actually owns his Groundspeak Lackey Geocoin as well, I am certain he is not aware that owning that Lackey geocoin is very unusual.

Deaf Geocaching on Youtube

:lol:

Thank you for helping clear this up wavector

Some of you should be ashamed.

I moved from Anchorage last year. I know oleruns personally. I've done the cache in question. I worked with the deaf community there, namely the ARC. I think some of you need to check your standing in the human race, because you're acting like baboons. Don't attack someone with a disablity becauase you're not comfortable with them. And get your ducks in a row before you acuse anyone of anything like that. :lol:

:blink:

Thank you for helping clear this up wavector

Some of you should be ashamed.

I moved from Anchorage last year. I know oleruns personally. I've done the cache in question. I worked with the deaf community there, namely the ARC. I think some of you need to check your standing in the human race, because you're acting like baboons. Don't attack someone with a disablity becauase you're not comfortable with them. And get your ducks in a row before you acuse anyone of anything like that. :ph34r:

We are only going with evidence...this whole character is very shady.

It's not your place to cast judgement.

I'm sorry you're right that's your job. :blink: Come on.

The evidence that oleruns discovered his coin proves to me that deafhunt is a cacher, flesh and blood. As I said, I *know* oleruns. He is flesh and blood, and he would not be part of a "shady character". In fact he is all the character witness I need for deafhunt.

What evidence do you have?

What evidence are you talking about?? Some vauge feeling based on a couple of posts. Unless you have personally met deafhunter you have no to proof that he is not deaf.

Its not your place either. If Rothsafari is willing to send this guy a lackey Geocoin that speaks volumes towards his legitimacy. Or are you just upset you can't get one.

....We are only going with evidence...this whole character is very shady....

The thing about evidence is that it doesn't change. Only your ability to fit what you see with the real and true facts.

It's apparent that he was never a sock puppet, that typing may not be his strong point, that he knows ASL, and uses a Magellan amonhg other things. Better information (more evidence in this case) leads to a better assessment.

Are you ready to reverse yours?

What evidence are you talking about?? Some vauge feeling based on a couple of posts. Unless you have personally met deafhunter you have no to proof that he is not deaf.

It's not just a couple posts. I'm not going to do your work for you...look it up.

Its not your place either. If Rothsafari is willing to send this guy a lackey Geocoin that speaks volumes towards his legitimacy. Or are you just upset you can't get one.

To be honest I never knew that coin existed until this stuff started, so no, I am not jealous...in fact, I have so few geocoins that I am hardly a collector. I just have a few I like. Try again, buddy.

The thing about evidence is that it doesn't change. Only your ability to fit what you see with the real and true facts.

It's apparent that he was never a sock puppet, that typing may not be his strong point, that he knows ASL, and uses a Magellan amonhg other things. Better information (more evidence in this case) leads to a better assessment.

Are you ready to reverse yours?

When it is proven what his true motives are. No one comes on here begging for stuff and does nothing to earn it.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian
I have proof deafhunt is real. Just contact oleruns and ask him.

I still waiting for your evidence.

Look, the very person is indeed real. I don't dispute that.

However, a real person can have multiple accounts or have ulterior motives.

I am not the only one who thinks this, as evidenced by replies from others in these various threads.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I have proof deafhunt is real. Just contact oleruns and ask him.

I still waiting for your evidence.

Look, the very person is indeed real. I don't dispute that.

However, a real person can have multiple accounts or have ulterior motives.

I am not the only one who thinks this, as evidenced by replies from others in these various threads.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Fine report him.

Let Captain Clorox do his job. But quit attacking deafhunt.

...When it is proven what his true motives are. No one comes on here begging for stuff and does nothing to earn it.

Well, it's now known he's a kid, actually is deaf, did a U-tupe video and somehwere there is (supposed to be) a website that explains the motives...But you did state your terms, that's fair.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Hmmmm, I happened upon some of the OP's posts in the coin forum, but I rarely post there. The geocaching topics and OT forums are my favorite nerderies.

My first thought was to hook the OP up with Deafdillos whom I know and have traded TBs and coins with. I'm glad to see my good friend Moosiegirl has already taken care of that detail. :ph34r:

I'm ashamed at how some of you have acted in this matter. The OPs typing is hard to read, but that hardly makes them a sock or a troll. It's kinda funny to watch folks tripping over themselves to rush to judgement on this OP's threads. :ph34r:

Welcome to geocaching Deafhunt. Geocachers are much nicer in person, but it helps that you have a thick skin for the forums.

I was going to give a little lesson on a favorite sign of mine, but if any of the mods knows ASL I'd be getting a warning. :blink:

It's not just a couple posts. I'm not going to do your work for you...look it up.

I've read the thread, if you have any real proof other than the opinion that he has some sort ulterior motive, then lay it out in a concise manner. You do have to do the work because I see no proof of your opinion. Or are you afraid that if put it all in writing your evidence will prove to be nothing more than personal opinion.

I have never met a deaf person yet that parades around that they are deaf...seems odd he does.

So exactly how many deaf people do you know, how often do you interact with them on a regular basis, and can you use ASL? Lets see some proof.

I have been reading this and a few of you people should be ashamed of your selves. I was stationed in Alaska and took ASL. In the class we had a hearing and deaf instructor. We were asked if we knew how was deaf? Only a few could and I was one of them. Hung out with some deaf people to try to learn more. This young man is deaf and I might have met him a time or too.

I also know of the cache he went after. It took me something like 6 times to figure it out and to find it. I felt so stupid37.jpg that I couldn't find such a cool cache and cool cache. Maybe I will read the hints and some of the photos more correctly. :ph34r: Just please quit bashing this deafhunt I can tell with his writing and when he is signing. I wish I could have picked up more than I did. He moves very fast with his signs. Like most deaf people do when especially when they are very excited.

I want to welcome deafhunt to caching and when I get back up to Anchorage Alaska I will look you up. Maybe we can go out caching and I want to go to the picnics that is with the ARC I think.

Before any of you all judge someone on how they are physically disabled and in a wheel chair (which I know some people who are), mentally disabled (which I am going to get with the Special Olympics and put out some caches for them to try to find), spiritually, and if they can hear or not or they are blind or not.

But by no means am I an English perfectionist. I'm lucky I can do what I do with writing. English was always my worst subject in school.

So once again deafhunt welcome to Geocaching and YOU are in the coolest places to be caching. Keep up with the events there and if you see Knapping tell him I said hi. :blink:

ETA: I have never met a deaf person yet that parades around that they are deaf...seems odd he does.

So exactly how is a person with a disability supposed to ask? I can't seem to find Disabilities for Dummies at Amazon.com, perhaps you could loan me yours.

My point is, after working with and observing many people who are deaf at the Missouri School For The Deaf that is located in my town, such behavior isn't common. I never said it never happens.

Look, I'm sure this is just a youth that isn't as good at communicating as he'd like to be. I'm sorry for insinuating that he may be a bad person. That is my mistake. All my point ever has been was the his initial behavior raised some red flags to me.

So exactly how is a person with a disability supposed to ask? I can't seem to find Disabilities for Dummies at Amazon.com, perhaps you could loan me yours.

My point is, after working with and observing many people who are deaf at the Missouri School For The Deaf that is located in my town, such behavior isn't common. I never said it never happens.

Look, I'm sure this is just a youth that isn't as good at communicating as he'd like to be. I'm sorry for insinuating that he may be a bad person. That is my mistake. All my point ever has been was the his initial behavior raised some red flags to me.

That is still no reason for you to lead an attack on the person based solely on your feelings. That is by definition being prejudice.

After careful self-reflection and coming to the realization that I have been a royal horse's hiney...I offer my apologies to deafhunt. Sometimes I get too impassioned and stubborn for my own good in regards to changing my own opinions. My actions were totally uncalled for and I am sorry.