GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

Mine came today, order is ok, just received 2 extra that are duplicates, guess I can keep these for myself and not release them. Thanks again Mike for all your hard work and time. I will be ordering more when these are used up.

Mine did indeed arrive last night, safe and sound, and they look great! All is well with the tracking numbers, I do have the two extras of the last number as seems to be the norm.

I'd like to say, once again, thanks to Mike for putting this whole thing together. I am delighted with the outcome!

WOOHOO!!!!!!! I have GeoTags!!! Wow - they arrived quickly! 6 days for the 12,460km journey. Thats fast.

Thanks for everything you've done Mike. You have done a very professional job on all this, with a fantastic result.

All Tracking numbers on mine are unique and correct as listed on the included sheet. Thanks.

left work - 5:05

pulled in driveway - 5:07

saw no packages in mail or on porch, found slip saying pick up after 9am tomorrow- 5:08

called hubby freaking out - 5:09

he said to run to the P.O. and see if they were still there (they close at 5)...

arrived at P.O. - 5:18

knocked on door and saw the postal people just ignoring me... then a postman came out the side door, explained the situation to him... he told me to ring the bell by the side door... the person coming to the door looked annoyed that i was there... explained that i was leaving at 4:30 am tomorrow, and i NEEDED this package!! he went and found it for me :anibad: i signed for it, and off i went...

5:26 - all is right with the world again!

Picked mine up today, they turned out cute.

Thanks Mike for taking on this huge project, much appreciated! Hopefully I can start dropping them in caches around Montana soon.

tsun :P

Hello Steph, I would love to acquire your Geotag in a trade as well. Please let me know if you are interested.

Got my Geotags woowoo, have 4 repeaters. Used one set of duplicates on my keys and wifes keys. Good for trail discovery (usually have keys on me anyway unless I have a brain fart and lock them in vehicle). Plus if they get lost there is a chance of recovery. Seems to be a good use for a repeater as any I guess. Not sure what to do with the other 3 duplicates.

Got my Geotags woowoo, have 4 repeaters. Used one set of duplicates on my keys and wifes keys. Good for trail discovery (usually have keys on me anyway unless I have a brain fart and lock them in vehicle). Plus if they get lost there is a chance of recovery. Seems to be a good use for a repeater as any I guess. Not sure what to do with the other 3 duplicates.

Any pictures?

New link for

GeoTags

GeoTags were a thought I had from a thread in the forum. I decided to try and put a small group together to get some made. Now almost 3 months later I have shipped to approximately 60 cachers, almost 75 designs, for a total of 4,780 tags. This is a nitch market that I wish I had the time to take care of and grow. I made it through the initial purchase and shipment but now need to turn it over to someone who can see this through to a bigger and better finish.

I have worked with Jake at Coinswag on another project and he helped me get started with some direct to mint information. I actually spoke to him after getting this off the ground and he was in the middle of trying something similar.

He has agreed to honor re-orders based on the original pricing and to continue with the current size, and concept of the entire project. I will continue to get 1 non-trackable from each design but other than that Jake will handle things from here out. Those of you who placed orders in the last few weeks, I have forwarded your information to Jake and he will be contacting you.

Thanks to all who have participated in the project and I hope you continue to as needs arise.

Mike of Atwell Family.

<Indirect link removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

I picked up my GeoTags at GW5 with no problems (all 6 boxes :blink:). Thanks again Mike and wsgaskins for arranging that option!

Since I grabbed them on the run and didn't slow down all weekend, it wasn't until the trip home that I finally looked at what was on the sheets of paper and read the note about duplicate numbers. By that time I had traded most of my GW5 version and some of my personal one, so if someone ends up trying to activate one and finds it already owned by someone else, I apologize! I'll check the rest of my tags when I get chance to see if duplicates exit.

Any pictures?

Not yet. I don't have a suitable camera but may get a photo soon I hope.

Any pictures?

Not yet. I don't have a suitable camera but may get a photo soon I hope.

Will this do?

jay.jpg

Thanks for the surprise Jim and NICE COIN!

Edited by PennyPacker

Question, are all the geotags made with zinc or was there an option to do different metals?

I drilled holes in both a brass and nickle plated tag and then you made me think. Sent note to mint and they reminded me it is a base metal of iron not zinc alloy. Iron is magnetic, zinc is not magnetic. I even verified with another coin I know is zinc based.

mine aren't here yet :) poor postman just shakes his head at me now :blink:

Anyone else not receive theirs yet? I have insurance on all of them so please let me know. I'll try and check this shipment tomorrow.

Mine have arrived with Dutch customs and i have returned the declaration form. Hope they will arrive soon this week.

Please note that all activation codes are now hosted at coinswag.com under the activation code page. I will soon have the codes removed from coincodes as all new tag orders will only be hosted on coinswag and I do not want to create any confusion as to the location of the codes.

Here is a direct link: Visit Link

Jake

Glennk721 was the first cacher in the forum I contacted when I started coins and was also one of the first I talked to about geocaching. As kind of a thank you to him, I made an exception and produced his geotag design with white glow-in-the dark enamel.

He has been and continues to be a great sounding board for ideas and answers. I can't wait for the opportunity to me him.

Thanks for all you done for me Glenn. :P

Glennk721 was the first cacher in the forum I contacted when I started coins and was also one of the first I talked to about geocaching. As kind of a thank you to him, I made an exception and produced his geotag design with white glow-in-the dark enamel.

He has been and continues to be a great sounding board for ideas and answers. I can't wait for the opportunity to me him.

Thanks for all you done for me Glenn. :P

My pleasure Mike and, Thank you !

Now you are forgiven for making me wait to get my GeoTags :P

Well besides the folks overseas :P

First I wanna say I think all the designs are great but I am a bit disappointed with the finish. The stamped side is fine because it is covered in color but the back side I expected to be much smoother looking than it is. The finish looks uneven, mottled, and hurried by the mint IMHO. Had I gotten a sample BEFORE minting rather than with the order and saw this I doubt I would have proceeded and probably would have looked at other options. Again I think the design side looks great on all the coins but I hope the mints works on improving the finish so it looks smoother.

Ok now its time to burn me down . . . .

No burning here Jay. Quality is important. I'm surprised that you weren't offered at the least a quality mint sample photo, before proceeding with the striking. That seems very common place, and at a minimum courteous. That is why you pay someone to "handle your business", and don't go to the mint yourself :ph34r:

First I wanna say I think all the designs are great but I am a bit disappointed with the finish. The stamped side is fine because it is covered in color but the back side I expected to be much smoother looking than it is. The finish looks uneven, mottled, and hurried by the mint IMHO. Had I gotten a sample BEFORE minting rather than with the order and saw this I doubt I would have proceeded and probably would have looked at other options. Again I think the design side looks great on all the coins but I hope the mints works on improving the finish so it looks smoother.

Ok now its time to burn me down . . . .

Wow! I am surprised to hear this. I would offer a refund but I couldn't afford to do so with the size of this project. Is there anything else I could do to make this right?

No burning here Jay. Quality is important. I'm surprised that you weren't offered at the least a quality mint sample photo, before proceeding with the striking. That seems very common place, and at a minimum courteous. That is why you pay someone to "handle your business", and don't go to the mint yourself :ph34r:

As for your comment about mint sample photo, there was at least this picture posted when I recieved my samples. I would have to go back in the thread to see where it was first posted but it was way before invoicing.

tag.JPG

The back mold was changed slightly becuase I was not happy with an imperfection at about 2o'clock on the outside edge. Little bit sticking up. I had used a differnt company for my first coin "United We Stand" and second "Dreamcatcher" but was to picky on details and changes to the design and quality that they didn't want to work with me anymore. For those who don't remember or were not around, I had the Dreamcatchers reminted becuase of a minting issue that I was not happy with.

I pride myself on quality and will not settle for something I don't think is such.

I was more thinking of actual photos of individuals tags. Your experience tells you already, some things just aren't perfect. Maybe Jay's top die was slightly off, and produced this error. I've not seen anyone else in this thread have this particular issue. My post was more inclined to be about actually using both dies, as a set, making a sample, and showing it to the customer before running the ordered lot. I find that very standard in the coins I've made, and it certainly shows flaws sometimes. It can avoid problems like this. that's all.