GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

has anyone seen this yet?

coinswag geotags :rolleyes:

Not until you listed it here... and even then I have lots of trouble getting to the CoinSwag website. It seems really slow.

GeoTag Starter Kit $99.00

GeoTag Kit + Design $130.00

GeoTags - 100 tags $98.00 <== $0.98 per CoinSwag/GeoTag

GeoTags - 300 tags $280.00

But from what little data I was able to trickle in from the site, it seems that these are just like PathTags, in that they are sequentially numbered.

The pricing is different than what Mike has at: http://www.atwellfamily.net/geotags.htm

For example, from Atwell's GeoTags:

100 coins = $337.50 - $3.38 per Atwell/GeoTag

for a difference of $2.40 per tag.

Which could just represent the difference of tracking # @ $1.50/ea plus the back-side die @ ~$0.50/ea plus some $0.40/ea overhead.

Anyways, really, CoinSwag should not be using the 'GeoTag' name. "We" own that now -- ie. a GeoTag is what is defined on Mike Atwell's geotags webpage. Any other use of GeoTags will devalue our own GeoTags or at least create confusion when you say that you have a GeoTag -- is it a "real" GeoTag (trackable, backside text, etc.) or is it something else -- non-trackable, single sided, etc.

coinswag geotags :blink:

Not until you listed it here... and even then I have lots of trouble getting to the CoinSwag website. It seems really slow.

But from what little data I was able to trickle in from the site, it seems that these are just like PathTags, in that they are sequentially numbered.

The pricing is different than what Mike has at: http://www.atwellfamily.net/geotags.htm

Which could just represent the difference of tracking # @ $1.50/ea plus the back-side die @ ~$0.50/ea plus some $0.40/ea overhead.

Anyways, really, CoinSwag should not be using the 'GeoTag' name. "We" own that now -- ie. a GeoTag is what is defined on Mike Atwell's geotags webpage. Any other use of GeoTags will devalue our own GeoTags or at least create confusion when you say that you have a GeoTag -- is it a "real" GeoTag (trackable, backside text, etc.) or is it something else -- non-trackable, single sided, etc.

I don't believe they said they were trackable whereas the "true" geotags are?! :rolleyes:

I am hoping to pick mine up at GW5 (or have them in time for it). I'm in the third batch of artwork. I sent an email saying that I approved my final artwork.

When will I be invoiced? Is my tag going to be ready in time for GW5?

Thanks!

I am invoicing tomorrow. Will try and get it done in the morning. Will be sending balance of invoices out. I will also be placing order with mint once invoices are paid. Thanks

p.s. Traveling AGAIN this week, but will have acces to email. Better access than last week.

Edited by Atwell Family

coinswag geotags :laughing:

I respectfully asked Jake at CoinSwag to discontiue using the name GeoTag to describe his tags. Seeing as they are very different, no tracking and smaller being the biggest differences. I said there would be confussion over the name and what it what. He indicated the name has been used to describe other such tags but I could find no reference. He indicated to me he would not cease using the name and I am going to leave it a that. I don't want to get into some battle at this time.

Thanks for pointing this out and for adding your two cent to the discussion.

I definitely want to trade, but we only got 25 (I think...not sure if we can up our order at this point or not, but we haven't paid so maybe)...I'd like to see pics of everyone's before we start trading.

Thanks for working on the pics....I know that it's a huge project.

Actually - thats a good question. And do we have to buy in multiples of 25 too? (I guess that makes it a lot easier if we do).

From the trading thread...

You do not need to order in quantities of 25. In fact because of the extra 2 non-trackables of each metal. The order qualtities are all increased by 2 already for 25 is actualy 27. I am paying for the extra 2 of each. You get 1 and I get the other.

coinswag geotags :laughing:

I respectfully asked Jake at CoinSwag to discontiue using the name GeoTag to describe his tags. Seeing as they are very different, no tracking and smaller being the biggest differences. I said there would be confussion over the name and what it what. He indicated the name has been used to describe other such tags but I could find no reference. He indicated to me he would not cease using the name and I am going to leave it a that. I don't want to get into some battle at this time.

Thanks for pointing this out and for adding your two cent to the discussion.

Not much to worry about. Looks like he mainly just resells everything in the gc.com store, has made two geocoins, and has a template for the Fo-GeoTags (FeoTags?) Sites a joke and there's no proof he's even sold any. Long live GeoTags!!! Can't wait for mine to mint.

The term GeoTags was first used before this project was started and after PathTags hit the market, geotags has and is used to describe the product of a trolley tag or caddy coins that are tailored to geocaching it would be like Moun10Bike saying that no one could use the term geocoins because he was the first to use it. When a product is invented and given a name the original owner has the right to trademark the name but in this case it was talked about and used by many others before this project began. Our geotags are not misleading in any way and I don't possibly see how one could be confused between the tags of this project and our geotags both my site and Mike's site clearly state what is included with your purchase. As I said before geotags is the name of the product just like geocoin some are trackable some are not and some are larger than others I don't see the need for everyone to get upset. We currently have 3 geotags at mint 2 customer order and 1 for ourselves, we started work on making geotags before this project even began as I told Mike during a phone conversation we had a while back.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email me as I dont want to highjack this thread so this will be my last post about the issue.

Thanks,

Jake

Thanks for recognizing the fact that Pathtags were the first product like this to hit the market and be successful. Before we introduced the less expensive and still interactive tag to the market and proved it could be successful, noone was producing these. Now there are two additional groups that we know of. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and this is not the first time we've innovated in the Geocaching collecting world and proven a success that was later duplicated - we were the first monthly Geocoin Club too.

That said, I respectfully insist that anyone marketing a similar item carefully avoid the re-use of any graphical elements, marketing text, and features I have produced for the use of my customers and their needs. I see the template at JSAM's site for the back of the tag is actually created using the template I have as a tool on http://www.pathtags.com/design.php for my prospective customers to use in their Pathtags designs.

If you wish to compete - do it with original work. I will not tolerate direct ripoffs of the hours of work and significant financial investment we've made to make the Pathtags concept a success.

Thanks.

The term GeoTags was first used before this project was started and after PathTags hit the market, geotags has and is used to describe the product of a trolley tag or caddy coins that are tailored to geocaching it would be like Moun10Bike saying that no one could use the term geocoins because he was the first to use it. When a product is invented and given a name the original owner has the right to trademark the name but in this case it was talked about and used by many others before this project began. Our geotags are not misleading in any way and I don't possibly see how one could be confused between the tags of this project and our geotags both my site and Mike's site clearly state what is included with your purchase. As I said before geotags is the name of the product just like geocoin some are trackable some are not and some are larger than others I don't see the need for everyone to get upset. We currently have 3 geotags at mint 2 customer order and 1 for ourselves, we started work on making geotags before this project even began as I told Mike during a phone conversation we had a while back.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email me as I dont want to highjack this thread so this will be my last post about the issue.

Thanks,

Jake

I would love to see the reference to GeoTag before this project? Ok I did a search and there is a GeotagTracker website that functions like Travel Bug tags or Traveler Tags....it has a reference back to November 2006, also a thread was started in February 2007 compairing Pathtags and Geotags....before this project was started so there is reference to the word geotag before this project. but they were not used in this way.

It is like Geocaching and geocaching one is the name of a website and business and the other is the name of a sport/hobby.

Your site says GeoTag not geotag......an item that is a trolley tag with a geocaching theme.

It seems that you are using other peoples intellectual property...in the apparently the template and the name.

EDIT in blue......

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Got my first invoice and paid it. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you got my e-mail Mike, but I'm leaving tomorrow for 4 days, and the invoice for my GW5 coin hasn't come yet. If you could send me that one so I can make sure it gets in the queue before I go that would be great. Like Crowesfeat30 said, it's cutting things close to get it for GW5!

Thanks again for all the time you've put in on this!

are you planning on going to GW5? or will these be shipped to our homes??

I think that if you want to pick them up at GW5 they will be sent to wsgaskins (?) as he lives quite close by and then he will bring them to GW5 for you (us :laughing: ) to pick up there. I thought I read something like that earlier in this thread. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. I, for one, would prefer to pick my 'Tags up at GW5 because my travel plans are still up in the air but I WILL be there for the weekend at the very least.

CF30

are you planning on going to GW5? or will these be shipped to our homes??

I think that if you want to pick them up at GW5 they will be sent to wsgaskins (?) as he lives quite close by and then he will bring them to GW5 for you (us :laughing: ) to pick up there. I thought I read something like that earlier in this thread. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. I, for one, would prefer to pick my 'Tags up at GW5 because my travel plans are still up in the air but I WILL be there for the weekend at the very least.

CF30

Indeed. That was the plan, but I don't have any details yet about how this will work. Possibly, there will be a priority shipment of several bundles of GeoTags made to my hose in the week before GW5, which I will have available on-site. I am now planning to camp at GW5 for Friday and Saturday night, so you should be able to locate me there. Once the fine wrinkles in this plan get ironed out, I'll re-post a message to this thread.

-- Scott

All invoices have gone out and have been paid. All Geotags should be back by May 11 for the first batch and May 20 for the second.

I will be figuring a way to get Geotags to GW5 for those who would like to pick them up there. I'll keep you posted here.

Thanks for your orders.

Mike

...All Geotags should be back by May 11 for the first batch...

Holy cow! I have been trying not to think about these too much so the time would pass, but May 11 is getting close! I am officially excited now.

And once again, thanks Mike for all the work in putting this together.

As promised the GeoTag Website is back up and ready for new orders. The first Large group is under my belt with the mint well underway making the tags.

Any one interesting in getting in on this please visit the site. I will be placing orders with the mint around once a month depending on demand.

Thanks again for all who ordered, I'll keep you posted on the timeframe of delivery and such.

Mike

I just received the scheduled ship dates for the GeoTag.

First group is May 11th. I should have May 14th.

Second group is May 18th. I should have May 22nd.

This is provided nothing goes wrong. Which means with any luck everyone wanted them by GW5 will get them.

Thanks for the update Mike!

Since I'm one of those people who'd like to have pick-up at GW5, how will this be organized? Should we just send you an e-mail asking for that, or make a list here in the forums of people who'd like GW5 pickup, or do it some other way? It would probably be ideal for some of us if they could be picked up Friday night at the coin gathering.

Thanks for the update Mike!

Since I'm one of those people who'd like to have pick-up at GW5, how will this be organized? Should we just send you an e-mail asking for that, or make a list here in the forums of people who'd like GW5 pickup, or do it some other way? It would probably be ideal for some of us if they could be picked up Friday night at the coin gathering.

I am the currently designated delivery guy for GeoTags at GW5.

My plans for Friday include participating in the GW5 Geocoin Poker Tournament which will be held on the site of the GW5 at the Friday night event. What ever GeoTags that Mike can send to me in the week before GW5, I will bring with me to the Friday night event as well as to the portion of GW5 on Saturday evening that is dedicated to geocoin trading (after dinner).

So, if you want to find me once we get there, check out my profile page for a picture.

-- Scott Gaskins (wsgaskins)

I've been away for over a month and boy have I missed a lot of stuff. I must say, I have really enjoyed this thread and everyone's enthusiasm for the geo tags. I especially enjoyed everyone's artwork that was submitted here. Love them all!

I must say, Sandtracker Team's artwork totally cracked me up! Was it produced? :anicute:

As promised the GeoTag Website is back up and ready for new orders. The first Large group is under my belt with the mint well underway making the tags.

Any one interesting in getting in on this please visit the site. I will be placing orders with the mint around once a month depending on demand.

Thanks again for all who ordered, I'll keep you posted on the timeframe of delivery and such.

Mike

Can't wait to get these... counting the days... :anicute:

Thanks for all your hard work Mike. It is very much appreciated!

I just received the scheduled ship dates for the GeoTag.

First group is May 11th. I should have May 14th.

Second group is May 18th. I should have May 22nd.

This is provided nothing goes wrong. Which means with any luck everyone wanted them by GW5 will get them.

And then you have to ship them to wsgaskins in NC? Whoa! This will be cutting it close! :( But it's ok. I will be getting to NC for GW5 on Wed and I probably won't see wsgaskins until Fri evening. They should (barring any unforseen circumstances) be there (NC) some time Fri - correct?

CF30

For those of you who are so excited to get your GeoTags... The first group of tags shipped on time. :o

The bad news is...

... I have a "work" :o trip scheduled to sin city (Las Vegas) :o starting Monday. I don't even think I will see the tags until I return on Thursday :o .

I'll prepare the shipment and they should ship Friday except those of GW5. I'll hold until Monday and will try to get them out with the second shipment which is still scheduled to arrive that day (May 21).

The rest of the coins should ship on Tuesday May 22nd if all goes according to plan.