Ireland Geocoin 2007

dino-irl

It's been over a year since we started talking about it but the first Ireland Geocoin design is now complete and I'm taking pre-orders.

I'll be taking pre-orders for a maximum of two weeks and the minter has predicted a production time of 3 weeks so they should be ready for dispatch by the end of April.

No money will be required until I'm ready to dispatch the coins

If you're interested then full details are available here:

http://geocoins.croaghan.com/

Only orders processed via the website will be accepted but feel free to post here if you have any further queries or else contact me via my GC.com profile.

Orders so far total 130 with 361 coins ordered. It looks like I'll be ordering 500 in total.

If you're still interested and want to pre-order I'll be leaving it open for one more week max.

If orders dry up before then I'll post one more note giving 24 hours notice prior to closing the pre-orders.

Thanks to all who have ordered so far.

Orders now total 162 with 433 coins ordered.

Orders are still trickling in so I will leave the page open until Saturday. Any orders after that cannot be guaranteed.

Based on current figures I will order a minimum of 500 but will order an extra 50 if orders exceed that amount in case some other people want to order once they see the minted coins.

However, there will not be a second run of this coin unless there is big demand.

Thanks again to all that have ordered so far.

If you ordered then you should have received a confirmation email sent to the address you gave. In this it explains that I will send out invoices when the coins arrive with me. I don't think it's fair to ask people to pay too far in advance.

I've been given a shipping date for 26th April by coinsandpins.com but not sure how long it'll take for me to get them.

I'll update when I've received coins and sending out invoices.

Was wondering if invoices have been sent out yet or if you're waiting until closer to when you'll have the coins in-hand.

I paid for these on 2/25. So they were invoiced.

I got invoice notification on 11Mar07. Sorry for the error.

Edited by ATMouse

Was wondering if invoices have been sent out yet or if you're waiting until closer to when you'll have the coins in-hand.

I paid for these on 2/25. So they were invoiced.

I think you have your coins mixed up as I haven't asked for any payments yet :lol:

Ack, you're correct. This was an old receipt for the Ellendel coins. Same pricing and same quantity, Sorry!

I've ordered about 40 or so extra. I've closed pre-orders and when I receive the coins and ensure that everyone is sorted I'll re-open orders for the remaining stock.

Keep an eye on this post as it'll be a first-come, first-served basis and I won't be taking any further reservations until then. I think it's the fairest way.

If you ordered then you should have received a confirmation email sent to the address you gave. In this it explains that I will send out invoices when the coins arrive with me. I don't think it's fair to ask people to pay too far in advance.

I've been given a shipping date for 26th April by coinsandpins.com but not sure how long it'll take for me to get them.

I'll update when I've received coins and sending out invoices.

Yep, received my confirmation e-mail awhile ago. The other night I was going through my list of oustanding orders/trades and was wondering if I'd missed getting an invoice, but apparently not. Thanks for the information and update. Can't wait to see them when they start landing in mailboxes!

There has been a bit of a delay in getting production started due to personal reasons. I apologise if anyone is inconvenienced.

Production has started and I've been giving a shipping date of 5th May with a 2-3 day delivery time. This is a delay of approx 2 weeks from what I originally planned.

I was thinking of sending out the Paypal invoices the first week in May so that dispatch is speeded up when the coins arrive.

I've received an update from the minter. I'm expecting the coins to arrive in the next few days and will dispatch as soon as possible.

Expect to see a Paypal invoice arriving in your email in the next day or so.

I'll get the coins turned around asap after receipt of payment of the invoice

Thanks for your thoughts. Before anyone else posts I'd just like to say that I'm not trying to gather sympathy. I just want to keep everyone informed. If people start complaining and then find out the reason for the delay they may feel stupid. This way it's all up front.

Organising this coin and an Event at the beginning of June is a hard work but it's helping to refocus me....somehow I can't manage to say that about work!

Just got my invoice - payment sent.

Thanks for organising this coin and I am very sorry to hear of your sad news.

(it is to be a little extra birthday gift for Angela - the Irish half of Beetleduo - Ballywilliam, Co Wexford)

Edited by BeetleDuo