Ireland Geocoin 2007

It's been over a year since we started talking about it but the first Ireland Geocoin design is now complete and I'm taking pre-orders.

I'll be taking pre-orders for a maximum of two weeks and the minter has predicted a production time of 3 weeks so they should be ready for dispatch by the end of April.

No money will be required until I'm ready to dispatch the coins

If you're interested then full details are available here:

http://geocoins.croaghan.com/

Only orders processed via the website will be accepted but feel free to post here if you have any further queries or else contact me via my GC.com profile.

(I'm assuming that this meets the restrictions outlined by Lactodorum in the pinned post. If not then I'll gladly remove this post)

I have just tried to add my order. I got as far as submitting my details but all I got after that wa the following message.

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 400

Most likely causes:

There might be a typing error in the address.

If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to www.croaghan.com and look for the information you want.

More information

I just did the ICE pre-order. The persona who pays, and the ship two address are different than what I submitted...

Once incoived though we can fix that.

I'm not excatly sure what you mean but I did receive two orders from your nickname. I've processed them both and you should get two email confirmations but can you email me via the confirmation email address just to make sure we have everything right?

I just did the ICE pre-order. The persona who pays, and the ship two address are different than what I submitted...

Once incoived though we can fix that.

I'm not excatly sure what you mean but I did receive two orders from your nickname. I've processed them both and you should get two email confirmations but can you email me via the confirmation email address just to make sure we have everything right?

ICE is a coin buying group. I do pre-orders. Another person will pay and another is who the coins are sent too. Thus 3 Geocaching Names are involved. You can invoice me and I'll send it to the right person when the time comes.

That's just a heads up to prevent confusion later when somone else pays for what I ordered. :D

Orders so far total 130 with 361 coins ordered. It looks like I'll be ordering 500 in total.

If you're still interested and want to pre-order I'll be leaving it open for one more week max.

If orders dry up before then I'll post one more note giving 24 hours notice prior to closing the pre-orders.

Thanks to all who have ordered so far.

Orders now total 162 with 433 coins ordered.

Orders are still trickling in so I will leave the page open until Saturday. Any orders after that cannot be guaranteed.

Based on current figures I will order a minimum of 500 but will order an extra 50 if orders exceed that amount in case some other people want to order once they see the minted coins.

However, there will not be a second run of this coin unless there is big demand.

Thanks again to all that have ordered so far.

There has been a bit of a delay in getting production started due to personal reasons. I apologise if anyone is inconvenienced.

Production has started and I've been giving a shipping date of 5th May with a 2-3 day delivery time. This is a delay of approx 2 weeks from what I originally planned.

I was thinking of sending out the Paypal invoices the first week in May so that dispatch is speeded up when the coins arrive.

I've received an update from the minter. I'm expecting the coins to arrive in the next few days and will dispatch as soon as possible.

Expect to see a Paypal invoice arriving in your email in the next day or so.

I'll get the coins turned around asap after receipt of payment of the invoice

Unfortunately there has been a further delay with this coin :)

The minter are using FedEx to deliver the coins and twice in the last week FedEx have returned the package claiming that they cannot find the address. This is despite the fact that the address I gave them is my business address and has 3 huge 12' x 3 foot signs outside and is on a major road into a very busy town. Frustrated doesn't even come into it

I have now redirected the package to a different, and hopefully more easily found one. I had hoped to get the coins in the middle of last week but I'll be happy just to get them before the end of this week now :ph34r:

I sincerely apologise to all those people who received and approved Paypal invoices last week thinking they would get their coins any day now. I wouldn't have sent out the invoices if I thought this could happen :)

Once again apologies and I'll update here when the package finally arrives

Wow! That's cool! Where did you find it?

I do have spare coins but I want to get the original orders all out first. Once I know for sure how many spares I have left I'll post here with details of how many and how to order them

That's assuming the bloody things ever arrive :rolleyes:

Woohoo! The coins finally arrived today! I've taken photos of both sides to show people how they have turned out but my very poor photography skills don't do them any justice. There is a lot of reflection and shadow on them but they look perfect in RL and are satisfyingly heavy....yes I'm pleased :rolleyes:

coinfront.jpgcoinreverse.jpg

Of course I'm off to Dublin early in the morning for work for a few days which is great timing but I promise to have all coins ready for mailing on Monday morning.

Update:

Everyone that ordered will have received a confirmation email (shortly after ordering) with an order reference number and a Paypal Invoice (sent out last week). Both of these were sent to the email given on your order.

If you haven't received either of these please contact me via my profile or on geocoins AT croaghan DOT com

I have checked all orders and anyone that hasn't responded to the Paypal Invoice has been contacted via their GC.com profile.

I've received a large number of requests for extra coins so don't be afraid to tell me you want to cancel or reduce the order if you've changed your mind or your circumstances have changed. I shouldn't have any problems selling them on.

All paid orders will be dispatched today.

Any unpaid orders that haven't contacted me by Friday 25th May will be cancelled and the coins released for others.

If you know anyone that has ordered a coin and is away on holiday please contact me and let me know so that I don't give their order away unnecessarily.

Thanks again to everyone that ordered :)

Update:

All paid invoices were dispatched on Monday evening or Tuesday morning so keep an eye on your post box :(

I've given all non-payers until Friday to respond to my contact via GC.com and I will re-open orders on Monday morning for any extra coins. If you want some keep an eye on this thread as I'll announce it here.