City Navigator NT V8 & Legend Cx

I have had a Legend Cx for a while and I recently purchased a 2 gig microSD card and City Navigator NT V8. I checked to make sure this software and card were compatible with the Legend Cx before I bought them and I am currently trying to install the maps and I had a couple of questions if anyone can help me.

First, is that I select all maps (by zooming to full extent and selecting everything) in City Navigator. But the "include route calculation data" box at the bottom is grayed out no matter what. All the documentation says that the Legend Cx supports auto routing. Can anyone tell me why this box is permanently unchecked and grayed out?

The size of all the City Navigator NT V8 maps is 63 maps 998.1 MB. But I understand that the size of the maps is limited by a certain number of map segments and not only file size. How can I find out how many map segments I am currently using and how many I have left?

Is there anyway to remove or add certain maps from the card directly without having to select new maps and go through the loading process all over again? Is it possible to wipe the card completely free of all data?

Thank you.

NT always includes route data.

The size of map segments in NT means you're immune from the problem about map segments.

You can keep generated copies of the map image file and just copy them to your memory card when you need them.

My i3 came with CN NT ver.8 could you tell me what the NT stands for?

Thanx,

Ray

The size of map segments in NT means you're immune from the problem about map segments.

You can keep generated copies of the map image file and just copy them to your memory card when you need them.

Thanx,

Ray

"New Technology"?

I think it just refers to the new compression scheme Garmin uses to fit the maps into a smaller space. Not every mapping unit supports them, as they require a faster processor to do the decompression.

Thanx,

Ray

"New Technology"?

I think it just refers to the new compression scheme Garmin uses to fit the maps into a smaller space. Not every mapping unit supports them, as they require a faster processor to do the decompression.

Good guess you may be right. From what you're saying gps units that use NT decompress on the fly then? I didn't think my lil i3 was that powerful.

Ray